• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

MODERATOR NOTE:

Drop the “agenda” accusations here guys.  You can make the argument that Trae ball-hogged or distributed first in the 4th without any reference to someone having an agenda.  That just gets in the way of the actual discussion and makes things a personal attack.

(Edit:  I feel like explaining the last comment would be useful.  When you say someone has an agenda as opposed to an opinion that implies they are unreasonable on the issue and willing to disregard facts in order to promote that agenda.  As such, most people understand saying another poster has an agenda to at least imply that said poster is not based in reality and that their post on this should be disregarded as unreasonable and biased due to that agenda.  This is framing someone else’s view as an agenda is a personal attack.  Not the worst of its kind but it distracts from The kind of discussion we aim to have on the site.)

Sorry.  I get caught by the same posters saying the same things that are sometime factual, sometimes not after every loss.  Honestly, it's why I've stopped posting in game threads for the most part.  I'll show myself out.  😏

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

That was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Stop me if you heard this before: the ref crews are deliberately going out of their way since the ECF run to handicap the Hawks. It is true. The game tape bears it out. Time and again for two straight seasons now we just get absolutely hosed by the refs.

I'll ignore all of the insanely bad calls (Naz Reid btw travelled at least six times and not once called) and focus on the deciding two. As if, btw, an entire GAME OF BAD CALLS is somehow forgotten when its just two horrible calls at the end of the game.

KAT clearly hooked and committed an offensive foul on JC. JC only "fouled" him by falling down AFTER he got hooked. How that challenge didn't go through is beyond words.

And then the final play where these cheating refs ADMITTED Bey was fouled as time ran out trying to put the ball back in. Go watch the replay. Watch him shoot, watch the foul but look at how close he still got to making it. If he wasn't fouled that shot goes in.

The NBA years ago made the Hawks/Heat replay the last five plus minutes of a game the Hawks WON because Shaq was fouled out when he only had five fouls. The NBA said that one bad call meant the ENTIRE END OF THE GAME had to be replayed. And guess what? The Heat won.  

The refs admit they missed that foul at the end of the game. How the hell are we not being told by the NBA to stay in Minnesota, everyone come back and Bey gets two free throws with whatever tenth of a second is left on the clock? Unreal. Blatant and obvious favoritism.

I told yall most of the refs/coaches hate Trae Young, and the way he plays, but I guess yall didnt believe me..

"It's gonna be the Hawks vs whoever we play + the refs from here on out" ....

Especially if he doesnt quit with all of the complaining and foul baiting.. Its really annoying..

Not saying he's the only guy that does it.. Just sayin, he's the only guy that is hated by the refs that does it.. lol. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

The good news is we are definitely winning the next game.

IDK man.. LP gonna have those guys fired up.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

The good news is we are definitely winning the next game.

They will remain in the Play In and finish at or around .500. This is who they are. The games are a lot less frustrating to watch now that I've accepted that.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Weird

I just said the same but replied to @macdaddysimply because he followed the rules and placed the appropriate subject matter in its correct slot and not the Hawks game thread. 

ps Not available right this second but I’ll be back @kg01 in case you wanna..

image.gif.34ccd54acb4085ce8af07749f2fb82ad.gif

• Haha 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, terrell said:

I told yall most of the refs/coaches hate Trae Young, and the way he plays, but I guess yall didnt believe me..

"It's gonna be the Hawks vs whoever we play + the refs from here on out" ....

Especially if he doesnt quit with all of the complaining and foul baiting.. Its really annoying..

Not saying he's the only guy that does it.. Just sayin, he's the only guy that is hated by the refs that does it.. lol. 

I keep waiting for someone to explain why if the refs hate Trae so much why do they call these 'baited' fouls in his favor?  If all the complaining and hate gets him to the line 16 times then i hope he keeps doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thus framing someone else’s view as an agenda is a personal attack.

Understood and I wasn’t even a part of the discussion but I do have a question…

What if ..”a particular poster” keeps desiring the same unreasonable bs? Wouldn’t that then be “an agenda” if 50 other posters see it as such? 

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But the one thing i think we can agree on is he's not a clutch shooter. 

And therein lies the problem, no matter how good and mechanically sound he is through 3.99 quarters, that last second shot, he worries me. 

1 hour ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I wonder why we're so bad in these situations?... 🤔

Because we only have one guy willing and capable of handling the ball in pressure situations.  And the reward fans give him for literally being the only one willing and capable of handling the ball in pressure situations is to affix an outsized portion of blame when things don't work out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I keep waiting for someone to explain why if the refs hate Trae so much why do they call these 'baited' fouls in his favor?  If all the complaining and hate gets him to the line 16 times then i hope he keeps doing it. 

They're playing chess, not checkers macd.  They have no choice but to call clear contact.  They just hate that he puts them in that position.  Their refvenge is to never grant continuation and to deny shooting fouls if they can come up with any semblance of a reason to do so.  When the opponent is in the penalty, iiwii.

Plus they ensure his teammates pay the price by getting absolutely hosed and screwed on both ends.  You see some of the contact Collins and Hunter are forced to play through?  And after getting bruised and battered, the ref just sits there with a thumb and whistle up their rear.

I was watching Reid last night lookin' like Karl Malone Duncan and started coveting him for Collins.  Then I had to catch myself.  If he were a Hawk, no way they allowed all his travels and uncalled fouls.  NBA got butthurt the Hawks unstaged their Nix resurgence 2 years ago.  I feel sorry for whatever team eliminates them this year. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Step 1 - Get the call right.  

Step 2 - Replay / review needs to get it right.

Step 3 - Refs should be counseled / disciplined based on the issue.

Um.

Okay, but you realize like any of us do that they've already tried ALL of that.

Over and over and over and over and over, etc, etc, etc.

Not working.

What else ya got?