• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

FYI, here are the refs that were assigned to the Instant Replay Center tonight. I included their team records since Trae's been in the league (% rank vs 30 teams | % rank vs other refs for same team) when reffing for either team: 

Instant Replay Center Refs tonight:
Matt Boland: MIN 13-14 (17|33), ATL 12-7 (4|10)
John Goble: MIN 9-9 (15|27), ATL 5-17 (30|80)
Matt Myers: MIN 6-9 (23|64), ATL 4-15 (27|92)
Justin Van Duyne: MIN 17-6 (2|4), ATL 5-11 (28|72)
John Conley: MIN 3-6 (22|79), ATL 2-4 (23|65)

Looks like we had a 1 in 5 shot the IRC would overturn the call. Wonder which ref replayed it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've been saying this. Quin ain't trying to win. Nate was trying harder and he wasn't trying either unless it was spam. 

I guess he knows like MOST of the rest of us, that this team as constructed aint it..

Its just Evaluation time for him...

• Like 3

Last season we were 36-37.

We then went on a 5 game winning streak..

Anyone on here think we can win 5 in a row at this point in this season?

We have Pacers, Grizzlies ( on a b2b), Cavs, @Nets, Mavs.

Yeah, me neither.

Surprise me, Hawks.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Why is it the Hawks forget about the forwards in the second half.  We start off getting the ball to Dre and Collins then they don't get any shots in the second half. Hawks need to keep moving the ball all game.  I expect this will get better as Q gets a chance to work with them. Old habits are hard to break. 

That's because they're not our stars, you know. 

Our star has to make it himself so he can be lauded for his efforts in tight games. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

That's because they're not our stars, you know. 

Our star has to make it himself so he can be lauded for his efforts in tight games. 

2nd half shooting

Collins:  1 - 1 FG . . . . 0 FTA . . . 0 REBS . . . . . 0 FGA in the 4th quarter

Hunter:  2 - 6 FG . . . 0 FTA . . . 1 REB . . . . . . 0 - 3 FG in the 4th quarter

Trae:  2 - 6 FG . . 8 - 10 FTs . . . 1 REB . . . . . . 1 - 2 FG in the 4th quarter

• Thanks 1

As soon as Bey and Okongwu went out, everything went to hell.  Both probably deserved to play a longer stretch, if not finish out the game.  They were the reason why we got the lead in the first place.  Bringing back the starters at the set point in the 4th quarter ( 7 min mark ), was typical Nate style of coaching, in order to get his "guys" back in.

Meanwhile, Minnesota kept KAT out of the game in the 4th, when Naz Reid started to cook us.  Okongqu had held KAT to 1 - 5 FG in the 2nd half, and never got a chance to finish out the game to guard KAT on the last possession.

As bad as the refs and our players were, Quin was just as bad last night.  And if I'm Bey, I'm highly pissed.  He scored all 16 of his points in a 10 minute stretch in the 4th.

Okongwu and Bey are young guys.  If need be, they can play longer than a 10 minute stretch.

image.thumb.png.40eccfcda9fa6842e3c4016bd11e406b.png

And how did we figure out to go with a 10 mam lineup in these last 2 games?  No Murray, so you extend Bogi's minutes, and bring on 2 guys in the lineup to balance out the rotation?

Is the 9-man lineup specifically in place to get Bogi 25+ minutes on the floor?  And if so, isn't there still opportunity to play a 10th man spot minutes?

image.thumb.png.23605291e73147edc2dd9f6df4faaa85.png

Quin coaching job last night:  D+

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrell said:

Imagine the National outrage if Trae did this..........

Background, for anyone interested, is the mavs misunderstood a ref awarding the ball to GS and ended up lining up on the wrong side of the court.  Led to an uncontested dunk in the 3rd quarter.  Yes 2 pts in the 3rd quarter, in DAL's eyes, decided the game.  Refs made the right call, PA guy announced it wrong ... but it's the refs fault?  Weird.

But somebody need to ask Luk who paid the refs for this no-call ...

• Haha 1

I'm not a.."the refs screwed us" type of guy, but that game was so hard to watch.  I've seen AAU games officiated this way and it absolutely causes the outcome to be in doubt.  The Hawk's do a good job of screwing themselves over without the refs help.  That JC call...Smh.  Can anyone tell me WTH the relay booth actually does?

And THAT'S what Cuban and the Mavs are crying about?

The officiating in our game was FAR WORSE than in their game.  And people on Twitter are even complaining about Trae getting a ton of calls.  He got one phantom call ( on the 3 point attempt in the 4th ).

People hate Trae and his complaining about fouls. But Luka is 2x worse.  Draymond plays perfect defense on Luka near the rim, he misses the shot, and then he throws up the "paid off" sign to the refs . . . and didn't get a T?

And the refs even admitted in their 2 min report, that they missed the foul call on Bey's final shot attempt after rebounding the Hunter meteorite he shot off the backboard.

• Like 1

And here's a thought about Bogi and his "back to backs".  When you know one is coming in the schedule, how about reducing his minutes in the 1st game, in order to get maximum effectiveness in the 2nd game.

Put him on a 20 minute cap in Game 1, unless you really need him, then play it by ear in the 2nd game.

If we want him as fresh as possible, we have to start limiting his minutes in that 1st back to back game.

• Like 3