• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Murray should have had 40 points as easy as it was for him to take Morant off the dribble.

he could have gotten his shot any time he wanted to! Smh oh well

Not pointing fingers solely at DJ but with Trae going this game we probably could have edged this out even with the bad defense had DJ torched Ja.

It was disrespectful for Jenkins to have Ja on Murray our second best scorer. Not that he guard anyone else but again DJ should have had his way with Ja all game.

million dollar moves and 10 cent shots all game for Murray 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JTB said:

Murray should have had 40 points as easy as it was for him to take Morant off the dribble.

he could have gotten his shot any time he wanted to! Smh oh well

Not pointing fingers solely at DJ but with Trae going this game we probably could have edged this out even with the bad defense had DJ torched Ja.

It was disrespectful for Jenkins to have Ja on Murray our second best scorer. Not that he guard anyone else but again DJ should have had his way with Ja all game.

million dollar moves and 10 cent shots all game for Murray 

He's been very meh... For a while now..

If we don’t make personnel moves this offseason -  next year will be year three in our downward slide.

Playing Trae(who isnt going anywhere) with a group of guys who can't shoot is a waste.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

You got the “Fratello 50” seasons.  Then the “Bulls Playoffs Warm Up” seasons.  Then “The Doldrums.”  Then the “Woody Incremental Improvement” seasons.  Then the “60 Win” season (I don’t count Conference Finals sweeps). Then “The Conference Final” season.  This ladies and gentleman will notoriously be known as “The Flirtin’ .500” season. It’s actually pretty astounding at this point lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Perfection 🤓

A statistical marvel.  Hawks actually have about a +2 net rating in that span.  A good team parlays that into at least a couple games over smh.  Late game miscues the main culprit.    And too many players who can’t force themselves to the line.  If you wanna blame “officiating” for some of it cool.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

So the game against the Cavs is a must win…I hate watching this team so much. Hawks really did waste 3 first rounders on Murray because I’m not seeing this guard line-up at all. Last year’s roster was better period. Let’s go hawks…I guess

• Thanks 1

this is the craziest thing to me…you mean to tell me Nate didn’t emphasize taking open threes?? The “”development”” under Nate McMillan has left so many of players lost. What a baffling and stupid decision. Last year we had Gallo, Bogi, AND Huerter and Nate just told them that. Thank god those guys ignored Nate. What a joke.

Edited by givemesome1ce1
Removed profanity, sorry about that
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

this is the craziest thing to me…you mean to tell me Nate didn’t emphasize taking open threes?? The “”development”” under Nate McMillan has left so many of players lost. What a baffling and stupid decision. Last year we had Gallo, Bogi, AND Huerter and Nate just told them that. Thank god those guys ignored Nate. What a joke.

Add the profanity back in...it's warranted! 🤣🔥

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

https://twitter.com/atljohnson18/status/1640159494050127873?s=46&t=JVLcd4QJGp-FYCEkBb3y6g

We've been talking about Nate's offensive philosophy since early in the season..at the start of the season when Nate said he didn't care what analytics said about 3pt shooting, I figured we were doomed. 

I don't think he made getting up 3pt shots in practice a thing. I think he made the players gun shy in shooting 3s and you saw the effect. Low volume and makes. Quin is trying to reprogram them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

A statistical marvel.  Hawks actually have about a +2 net rating in that span.  A good team parlays that into at least a couple games over smh.  Late game miscues the main culprit.    And too many players who can’t force themselves to the line.  If you wanna blame “officiating” for some of it cool.

Yep, 100%

On second viewing, we played better than I felt live. 

Pros: 

Aggressiveness

Interior play

Taking advantages of mismatches. 

Cons: 

Shooting from mid and three, especially Hunter who had a majority of open looks.

Recovery on defense in Memphis high-player movement system was disgusting. We were getting dogged out there, especially the 2nd unit. 

Trae and Murray was getting cooked and screwing up our rotations with the starters, thankfully Hunter guarded Ja and that made our defense at least bearable but they were hunting Trae. Especially Bane. 

It was a tough matchup. They have a lot of PDS guys 1-10. Roddy was always moving. So many of their guys were. On defense, they really defend the 3 well and their length is tough. JJJ is really good defensively in the paint as a rim and paint protector. It was really tough to score on him but his post-defense was below average and I felt we could have abused it more. We could have won this game but I don't believe we were the better team. The better team won. Even though Aldama didn't score, he was hell in movement and created a lot of space for his teammates. A Bey trait. 

They got a really really really good team. That's not gonna be a team that's easy to beat. I think people see Bane as their 2nd best player on offense and think it's gonna be easy but they don't really have a top offensive option. They play like the 2015 Hawks. They just don't execute as well as we did but they got Ja in the Teague role he's elite unlike Teague so it works but Ja is not a true #1 option at all. He's used just like Jeff. As an organizer 1st, off-ball weapon 2nd, and to create in isolation when needed last but unlike Jeff, Ja is elite in self-creation. 

They are literally modeled after those Hawks. A lot, they don't leave anyone open for 3s that they don't want open and they adjust based on how well your shooting as well. It's so much like a carbon copy of the Hawks that season. I've watched their games often but this was the first time I was able to just break down what they do. It's impressive. It's hard to beat them because the leading scoring can be anyone, any giving night. It's all about how the defense is defending Memphis. 

While our starters wasn't the issue, I just continue to see things at times, especially late that makes me wonder if this will ever work. I honestly don't believe it will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

While I believe the Hawks have many of the right players, I don't believe they have what they need. Which is a #1 offensive option who's a center or a PF. I don't know how easily Atlanta can fix this issue but they need to. I would strongly look into a AJ Griffin for Sengun trade. That might be what puts the Hawks over. On top of that, you can play him next to Bey for spacing or OO for defense but in that case, I believe you would need to move Murray then. Either way, Atlanta has options. 

I just know, Atlanta at some point will need to find a #1 option as long as Trae is here.