• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I actually still believe in this roster with the exception of Murray and Capela!  Trae will eventually mature while others will improve their skill and this will be an upper echelon team.

I just think that FIT is really getting in the way. I think capela is more of an issue than JC for Trae when it comes to offense…even if JC can’t hit his 3s he’s still able to respectfully space the floor where as Capela is killing space for everyone including Murray.

I’d still swing hard for for a Trae and KAT tandem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

On second viewing, we played better than I felt live. 

Pros: 

Aggressiveness

Interior play

Taking advantages of mismatches. 

Cons: 

Shooting from mid and three, especially Hunter who had a majority of open looks.

Recovery on defense in Memphis high-player movement system was disgusting. We were getting dogged out there, especially the 2nd unit. 

Trae and Murray was getting cooked and screwing up our rotations with the starters, thankfully Hunter guarded Ja and that made our defense at least bearable but they were hunting Trae. Especially Bane. 

It was a tough matchup. They have a lot of PDS guys 1-10. Roddy was always moving. So many of their guys were. On defense, they really defend the 3 well and their length is tough. JJJ is really good defensively in the paint as a rim and paint protector. It was really tough to score on him but his post-defense was below average and I felt we could have abused it more. We could have won this game but I don't believe we were the better team. The better team won. Even though Aldama didn't score, he was hell in movement and created a lot of space for his teammates. A Bey trait. 

They got a really really really good team. That's not gonna be a team that's easy to beat. I think people see Bane as their 2nd best player on offense and think it's gonna be easy but they don't really have a top offensive option. They play like the 2015 Hawks. They just don't execute as well as we did but they got Ja in the Teague role he's elite unlike Teague so it works but Ja is not a true #1 option at all. He's used just like Jeff. As an organizer 1st, off-ball weapon 2nd, and to create in isolation when needed last but unlike Jeff, Ja is elite in self-creation. 

They are literally modeled after those Hawks. A lot, they don't leave anyone open for 3s that they don't want open and they adjust based on how well your shooting as well. It's so much like a carbon copy of the Hawks that season. I've watched their games often but this was the first time I was able to just break down what they do. It's impressive. It's hard to beat them because the leading scoring can be anyone, any giving night. It's all about how the defense is defending Memphis. 

While our starters wasn't the issue, I just continue to see things at times, especially late that makes me wonder if this will ever work. I honestly don't believe it will. 

I love watching them dudes.  The Kennard addition went under the radar but it was exactly what they needed before the injuries to the Bigs of course.  If Steve Adams and Clarke weren’t hurt I would’ve been put down on their odds to make the Finals.  Jalen’s ceiling is much higher but Aldama was available with much more team-oriented polish.  Nate wouldn’t have played him either though smh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He has been struggling mightily.

I enjoyed that 2 week or-so stretch of him shooting lights out from three while it lasted, certainly an outlier based on his career.  Mans came crashing back down.  He’s still shooting almost 44% from the corner three though.  He needs to lay off all other areas.  Definitely cut down on the contested ones and get his toes closer to the line if he is gonna shoot from the top.

• Moderators

Two of the leagues most dynamic and high usage scorers go head and to head and both have far fewer shot attempts than Hunter.  Dude took 20 shots.  In fairness i think they were just leaving him open at some point.  

Considering how badly we shot the ball It's pretty amazing it was so close. 

• Sad 2

• Premium Member

Trade him for draft picks then...Murray can't be on the roster next year otherwise his trade value will continue to plummet. And we certainly should not resign the him! That would be the totally destroy this team's chances of being anything other than a play in team for years to come.

• Sad 1

Not too worried. Continue to build good habits, run reps and maintain health. We are not gonna be an easy out.

NOBODY WANTS TO SEE TRAE IN A 7 GAME SERIES. HE WILL TREAT EACH GAME LIKE ITS MSG AND QUIET THE HATERS. 

Sorry but the big stage isn’t game #75/82. 

Keep calm and stfu 🤫 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trade him for draft picks then...

Your boy JC first. He may be one of the main reasons we aren’t getting better, his play annoys me in many situations. He makes things so much harder for himself. He’s sitting there burning 🥵 up energy and not working smart. He wastes his athleticism in so many ways it’s hard to watch. 

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trade him for draft picks then... And we certainly should not resign the him! That would be the totally destroy this team's chances of being anything other than a play in team for years to come.

"............... can't be on the roster next year otherwise his trade value will continue to plummet".

You can insert a few Hawks starters names here.. Not just Murray..

Edited by terrell

Hawks missed four free throws.  Hawks lost game by four points.

Hawks missed so many 3's.  Recently, Mathews has been scoring from downtown but he didn't get in the game last night.  I know.  Quin had a 10 man rotation.  Aaron, playing briefly, had a (+) for the game.

Actually, I thought our opponent had a bad game.  That kept things close.  Toe on the line with the throw-in!  Turnover!  Threw the ball away more than once.  

Next, a must win game.  Gotta stay near that .500 mark!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

"............... can't be on the roster next year otherwise his trade value will continue to plummet".

You can insert a few Hawks starters names here.. Not just Murray..

We did this with Huerter and look stupid now.  Only make good deals. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

So the game against the Cavs is a must win…I hate watching this team so much. Hawks really did waste 3 first rounders on Murray because I’m not seeing this guard line-up at all. Last year’s roster was better period. Let’s go hawks…I guess

Dont forget about 2 picks swaps also.. lol

Schlenk/Ressler/LF have made at least 3 unforgiveable trades......Good grief..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JTB said:

Been terrible since the Synder hire.

I don't know what's up with it.. but people need to understand that he is in a slump and him slumping kinda removes the question of fit for the second.   You can't evaluate fit well if one of the persons is shooting less than 37% from the field.   The first thing we need to do is figure out why his shooting is slumping so bad. 

For whatever reason, our offensive numbers are very good.   Even with a slumping DJ. 

I think in Clutch moments (especially since we got Snyder) we have just folded.   So we have several things happening at once...

1.  Slumping DJ. 

2.  Can't hit a three. 

3.   Bad Clutch. 

It doesn't help that most of the time, Hunter offers nothing on offense. 

Snyder will have to develop a finishing lineup.  Not the starters.   I would put Bogi in there.  Hell, I may put AJ in there.  But we need guys who can finish games. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dont forget about 2 picks swaps also.. lol

Schlenk/Ressler/LF have made at least 3 unforgiveable trades......Good grief..

I dont know what's worse

His stupid trades, or his ridiculous extensions for JC, Dre, and CC... Geez...