• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Huerter cost $14 mil per season.  Doubt Murray is anywhere near that amount.

He wants the MAX.. lol

Imagine paying two max salaries for this tiny 2 pg backcourt........

We'll be forever MID if this happens..

And deservedly so.......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No one is paying Murray close to the max. 

Agreed.  I think most players understand their value more than we think.   Yeah there are a few exceptions but Murray knew when he came here that his numbers were going to take a massive hit playing with Trae.  I think he's trying to mold himself into a great second fiddle on a winning team.    Hawks have been a mess all year.   When it's not a mess anymore i think we'll be real happy to have him.  

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Exactly @terrelland somehow posters think he is going to sign on the cheap! This why many want to take this wait and see approach. He will want a minimum of $30 mil per season based on his fake inflated offensive numbers.

He doesn't have inflated numbers this season.   And last i checked we don't have to pay guys what they want.   I don't understand all the worry about what he will want in another year if you don't want him anyway.  I guarantee we aren't paying Murray the max. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Then he will walk for nothing!!! And we will have given up 3 1st round picks for a underwhelming 2 year rental!

That's a lot of ifs for something that is a year away.    I expect the team opening day next year will look really different than the current team.  He hasn't underwhelmed in year 2 yet.  We haven't paid him anything yet.  We haven't not traded him yet.  There's a lot left to happen. 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He doesn't have inflated numbers this season.   And last i checked we don't have to pay guys what they want.   I don't understand all the worry about what he will want in another year if you don't want him anyway.  I guarantee we aren't paying Murray the max. 

The number that has dropped the most and is most surprising to me is his rebounding total.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

The number that has dropped the most and is most surprising to me is his rebounding total.

Yeah but were the Spurs even playing very many bigs?  DJ is still the highest rebounding wing on the team by a good bit.  He only trails CC, OO, and JC.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah but were the Spurs even playing very many bigs?  DJ is still the highest rebounding wing on the team by a good bit.  He only trails CC, OO, and JC.  

I didn’t realize he was over 5, seems less because he’s rarely pushing hard off the glass and he isn’t a traffic rebounder at all.  There was a close up camera shot of him from behind from out of bounds, I was taken aback at how skinny his legs were.  I bet Trae could squat more than him.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

When you play with Clint and OO.. there aren't that many rebounds to go around. 

Closing five.  AJ Griffin has already proved to me that he is a clutch shooter.  Last night, with only a very short time, they inbounded it to him and he made the shot.  I remember him hitting 2 game winners.  

He's not afraid of the moment!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sorry Terrell,  I have to re-post for posters like @AHF who want to enter the conversation without following the thread

Exactly @terrelland somehow posters think he is going to sign on the cheap! This why many want to take this wait and see approach. He will want a minimum of $30 mil per season based on his fake inflated offensive numbers.