• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- THE Play-In Game!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ one game making or breaking this season.  No it won't.  Trae could go for 35 pts - 12 assist. But if we lose, what does that mean?

Plus, if we lose, we have a game in ATL on Friday night to get in.

You guys have been acting like every game has been life or death all season.  We were the poster child for mediocrity.  No reason that should change. 

But the one thing about this team is that the can lose to anyone, just like they can beat anyone.

Just watch the game and let everything play out.  If they try to trap and dog Trae like they did in last playoffs, let's see the response . . with different players and a different coach.

While I've been content to largely see Snyder do the same old stuff with this team to feel them out and see how they operate and make decisions, etc. I am definitely hoping he has them ready to do something different this game.  We've had half a week off to prepare.  He needs to bring some adjustments and a plan B & C to deal with Miami's pressure and physicality.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Tony Ressler is one of the most reactionary owners in the entire league so a lot is riding on this one game. Entire team could be traded. The fanbase wants Trae to just have one good game against Miami after being terrible there for years, and the media coverage for the Hawks the past few days have been brutal. This is the lowest the fanbase has been on the Hawks in years.  A loss can be devastating. A win can be everything for this team and fanbase’s morale. God I hope we win.

Way too dramatic of a post.  This is not a one and done situation. 

If we win on the road in Miami, that will be great.  I'm actually expecting it.

But if we don't, simply come home and take care of business on Friday.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who gets the obligatory 2 quick fouls in the first quarter and is forced to sit? 

Hunter, Collins or Capela?

I think their target is Okungwu and JJ in the 2nd.  They want Hunter on the floor.   They can live with JC and CC.   But JJ is a floor spreader.   Okungwu is fast and active. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Way too dramatic of a post.  This is not a one and done situation. 

If we win on the road in Miami, that will be great.  I'm actually expecting it.

But if we don't, simply come home and take care of business on Friday.

And even if we lose on Friday, we honestly move forward and see what Snyder has planned to improve our team. He came in midseason for this very reason. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, cam1218 said:

And even if we lose on Friday, we honestly move forward and see what Snyder has planned to improve our team. He came in midseason for this very reason. 

If that happens, we'll all be praying for lottery luck!  If that hits, it is the best outcome outside of a miracle run ala UConn's NCAA win from a 4 seed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, AHF said:

How dumb do you think Quin is?   You think he is signing onto a long-term deal with a new team because he hates all the players on that team and wants to purge the roster?

Come on.  This is what he has been doing.  Assessing the roster.  Tonight will just be another data point in that assessment (which began before he coached his first game here).  

I do expect changes but this isn't a "no one is safe!" situation.

Yeah the Echo Chamber has been at work today mainly because it's a slow sports day and the dumbest rumors get echoed on those days.   The key is do you believe it?  I believe none of it.  Like him or not, Trae is a cash cow.  Ressler who traded a player for money will not trade away his main money maker. 

RESSLER WHILE TRAE IS A HAWK...

Money Maker GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

I hope the hawks win of course but I also hope Trae leads this team to victory after this gruesome day of being literally beat down by the media.

I didn’t hear one positive thing about Trae today! So hope the negativity unleashes a beast! 

Just now, Diesel said:

Charles Barkley Just Beat 1 Billion dollars that we would lose tonight.   We have to beat the breaks off of these guys!!

It's personal.

It is very personal! I’m so upset I can’t really focus on anything else right now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who gets the obligatory 2 quick fouls in the first quarter and is forced to sit? 

Hunter, Collins or Capela?

Him......

Edited by terrell