• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Royce wasn’t the 4th overall pick in his draft either though so, with that there are different expectations and cheaper ways to fill in gaps and build around Bey being the starter moving forward and into next season.

Royce O'Neale is very valuable to winning basketball and has proven that as Utah got a 1st round pick for him and Dre is playing way better than Royce in this role. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

When it comes to this series, I think my frustration with this board and especially the trolls and Reddit board is my eval on Hunter and Horford in this series is miles apart and it's the BBIQ part that just shows again. This is where when I talk about scheme versatility and complex parts of the game where I lose you guys and you think you are right but you aren't close and I get angry about it. 

I think Horford is f***ing us up this series. You guys think he's just shooting 3s and setting moving screens, otherwise. He's not doing anything. 

You guys think Dre is struggling offensively, I think he's having the most impact offensively this series since he's been in Atlanta. 

If that's the case Supes, Dre has been absolutely horrible in previous playoff series, because he's not having a good series right now offensively.

image.thumb.png.d6d88f7f48d6dc6eae70b187fd24a679.png

Dre is not making his open 3s.  And almost 1/2 of his shots have come from 3.  So if he can't make 3s in Quin's heavy jack up a 3 system, he must impact offense in other ways. 

• 6 FT attempts 
  • 4 offensive rebounds
  • 4 assists

This means he's not getting or creating enough scoring opportunities to impact offense, if he's not making shots.  Collins is the same way, with his 3 FT attempts, 5 offensive rebounds, and 3 assists.

And with Collins having a 56% 3 point shot rate, that's ridiculous that Quin is calling for him to shoot all of those 3s, at the low percentage he shoots them at.

So when it comes to those two guys in particular, they must make shots.  Problem is, they're not getting the ball in the spots where they're most capable to make a higher percentage of shots.

With Trae, his low 3 point % have people calling for him to take more shots in the paint.  He did that in Game 3. Dre needs to attack more as well.  But they're pretty much giving him the open 3.

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Does "frontcourt" include SF?

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Royce O'Neale is very valuable to winning basketball and has proven that as Utah got a 1st round pick for him and Dre is playing way better than Royce in this role. 

Sure but that’s not what I argued. I’m saying we can find a Royce and save money and still win vs paying Hunter. @Wretch said that about picking OO 6th. I’m saying the same about Hunter at 4. We can find someone at pick 34 to do what Hunter does at half the cost. 

43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I watched last 4. 

Sorry 5… I can’t count 

80’s

90’s

2000’s

2010’s

2020’s

5!!!!! decades foo and you comin wit that Hunter bs at me????? AT ME???? When I was ballin in high school you were a twinkle in your folks eye ☀️ @NBASupes 

CARRY THE F ON DOH BUT KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE AINT DUM.

THAT FIIIIIIHHH DOH MAAAACUUSSS AINT 3 boi can’t count he dum. :huh:

image.gif.65edb7554b7bb45c41c6174e38043182.gif

Just checked up on the Celtic's web page, RealGM, and found them planning their next series against the 76ers and paying no attention to their own game.

After ths came the tipoff and all those three's.  Happy about their 4 game sweep coming up.

Some how, some way they just couldn't shake the Atlanta lads.  Hawks bench came in and hit almost every shot and by the end of the 1st half they were down.  Nothing to worry about.  Just win the second half.  This Hawk team is as soft as cotton candy!

Opened the third quarter.  See how easy this is!  Quin called a time out.  Already!  From there to games end, complaint after complaint about the Celtics defense.  Finally, in the closing minutes they allowed that midget (Trae) to beat them.  Now, Sunday night becomes a "must win" or Boston is in trouble.

I love it!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that's the case Supes, Dre has been absolutely horrible in previous playoff series, because he's not having a good series right now offensively.

Dre is not making his open 3s.  And almost 1/2 of his shots have come from 3.  So if he can't make 3s in Quin's heavy jack up a 3 system, he must impact offense in other ways. 

• 6 FT attempts 
  • 4 offensive rebounds
  • 4 assists

This means he's not getting or creating enough scoring opportunities to impact offense, if he's not making shots.  Collins is the same way, with his 3 FT attempts, 5 offensive rebounds, and 3 assists.

And with Collins having a 56% 3 point shot rate, that's ridiculous that Quin is calling for him to shoot all of those 3s, at the low percentage he shoots them at.

So when it comes to those two guys in particular, they must make shots.  Problem is, they're not getting the ball in the spots where they're most capable to make a higher percentage of shots.

With Trae, his low 3 point % have people calling for him to take more shots in the paint.  He did that in Game 3. Dre needs to attack more as well.  But they're pretty much giving him the open 3.

Yes.

He wasn't any good last year in the playoffs. They kinda exposed him. Hard doubled Trae and Kevin and let Dre operate 1v1 on mismatches and while he put up some raw stats, he was costly that series as was the injuries to Capela and JC. Shit basically screwed Trae and got him put in hell.

I already explained why Dre is having a great offensive series right now. Saying his raw stats are bad is already obvious and well stated. 

Edited by NBASupes

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sure but that’s not what I argued. I’m saying we can find a Royce and save money and still win vs paying Hunter. @Wretch said that about picking OO 6th. I’m saying the same about Hunter at 4. We can find someone at pick 34 to do what Hunter does at half the cost. 

If Royce could defend as many positions as Dre, Royce would have been more highly valued like Dre is. 

OO was a great pick at 6. 

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We can find someone at pick 34 to do what Hunter does at half the cost. 

Everyone in the NBA is looking for big wings who can defend multiple positions, play smart with a good feel for the game and shoot the 3 at a decent rate and half the league don't even have one at a starting level and everyone is always looking for one and you think you can find it at the 34th pick?

We need better and smarter posters. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Everyone in the NBA is looking for big wings who can defend multiple positions, play smart with a good feel for the game and shoot the 3 at a decent rate and half the league don't even have one at a starting level and everyone is always looking for one and you think you can find it at the 34th pick?

Teams are drafting guys with just parts of this in the top 5 and top 10 regularly. He we took someone who we just hoped could do it because the talent was there in Cam in the top 10. We really got posters who think we can get something everyone is coveting in the 2nd f***ing round. We need smarter posters. 

Why have the #1 pick, we can get Wemby at 45 ya'll!

Edited by NBASupes

Let's draft Dre's replacement in the 2nd round game

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2022

Let's see.... um I don't even see any big wings in the 2nd round

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2021

Herb Jones makes an entrance, while I'll take Dre all day over Jones, this does quality for what @Spud2nique stated. He's an undersized big wing but he barely meets the mark. 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2020

A lot of big wings in the 2nd and none more than a reserve 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2019

Few big wings, none more than bench players in the 2nd round 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2018

None of the big wings in the 2nd round are still in the NBA 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2017

Lol

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2016

Lmaooo 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2015

Cedi is at least rotational. More than you can say about the rest. 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2014

Probably the best 2nd round of all time. Jerami Grant is not a big wing to me but he was labeled one in the past. He really doesn't guard smaller players so that's a risky one. 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2013

Lmaooo 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2012

2nd greatest 2nd round class ever. Middleton and Crowder. Impressive. Unlikely to ever seen Middleton in the 2nd round again. The game wasn't a 3pt shooting game for big wings yet so they had to develop that in the NBA instead of college unlike they do today. 

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2011

No one I would consider big wings but impressive 2nd round class

https://tankathon.com/past_drafts/2010

Landry!

So @Spud2nique, hell no

16 hours ago, cam1218 said:

You know I’ll never hate your takes. Sometimes harsh, but you call out the good when you see it. 

Preciate it bro.  Balance and brutal honesty are two things I value highly.  Imbalance and p*ssy-footing not so much.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

NBASupes, calm down.  You and I both know that sometimes, not often, but sometimes a really good NBA player will slip by the experts who do all the scouting and drafting and end up in the second round.

Now, most of the time but again, not always, the best players to draft end up being lottery picks.  But, being picked there is no guarantee.  Hawks have had their share of "not great" players drafted in the early part of the draft.  Right now, the "one and done" college players seem to be the hottest take.

Sometimes maturity can be a welcome asset.  We have seen four year college players come to the NBA and played well.  Seems that many NBA teams overlook these players.  Yet, given the opportunity, they play well.

Just remember, not all second round players are duds.  Not all lottery picks become all stars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

NBASupes, calm down.  You and I both know that sometimes, not often, but sometimes a really good NBA player will slip by the experts who do all the scouting and drafting and end up in the second round.

Now, most of the time but again, not always, the best players to draft end up being lottery picks.  But, being picked there is no guarantee.  Hawks have had their share of "not great" players drafted in the early part of the draft.  Right now, the "one and done" college players seem to be the hottest take.

Sometimes maturity can be a welcome asset.  We have seen four year college players come to the NBA and played well.  Seems that many NBA teams overlook these players.  Yet, given the opportunity, they play well.

Just remember, not all second round players are duds.  Not all lottery picks become all stars.

I agree but this idea that we can find someone any year in the 2nd round that can do what Dre does is the biggest crock of shit I've ever read on this site that's from a non troll.  We can't even find that in the top 5 most years. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

"play smart with a good feel for the game"

Who are we talking about here?

Dre should be easy to trade then if need be......................

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

"play smart with a good feel for the game"

Who are we talking about here?

Dre should be easy to trade then if need be........................

Dre. Especially in this series. 

Why? He's adding massive impact for us. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

• 6 FT attempts 
  • 4 offensive rebounds
  • 4 assists

Agreed, this does not scream 'great' OFFENSIVE series with these numbers. :blanky:....no matter how it's spun.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed, this does not scream 'great' OFFENSIVE series with these numbers. :blanky:....no matter how it's spun.

Dre is literally having the 86th-worst offensive productivity of all 100 qualifiers. But his offensive impact is 12th of all 100 players in the playoffs. So two things can be true. His production has been garbage. His impact has been massive. 

I know I've been posting like a madman in this thread and it's killed the vibe for sure but I got triggered last night and I am still having a hard time shifting my focus as I am still pissed off. Cursed my damn best friend off whose understanding of the game just isn't that good, he's a football guy for sure. I need to cool off. 

I can't even act like the Dre hate hasn't gotten to me and annoyed me to an extreme degree. I'll log off. This win been cluttered with random playoff stats by me which really don't mean shit when it comes to this win. I got a lot business to do today so I need to readjust my focus. I will try not to be triggered moving forward. Generally, comments outside of trolling normally don't bother me. 

• Thanks 1