• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Getting Siakam was not a personal goal of mine, I just saw it as an opportunity to unload Trae and get a talented player in return instead of a bunch of mediocre players to make the salaries match.

Siakam = high lottery to me.  If we can get the superstar we want great.  But otherwise, I don't see moving Trae for a guy who will be forgotten like t-minus 10 minutes after he retires who won't be bringing in a superstar.  That feels like the slow road to an tear down rebuild.  Quin came here to coach Trae.  Let's give  him the chance after he has his coaching staff, after he and Landry have made some changes to the roster, and after Quin has had some time to make the changes you can't make in-season.

• Like 1

This series has basically shown how limited this roster is when it comes to competing with the best teams in the NBA. Like we really don’t have any good lineups at all we can put out at the end of games that don’t have significant problems with spacing, defense, or shooting because of the personnel we have at the 3 and 4. Other than Hunter, who can we put at the 3 that can defend and shoot? No one else on this team. At the 4, JC has been the best defender but has been terrible shooting the ball. You can put Bey at the 4, but Celtics can get everything they want by attacking him because Bey is terrible at defense. Jalen can be option for either but his jump shot isn’t there yet so his lack of shooting can damage the team. This lack of depth is damaging the team a lot and the front office has to fix this immediately next season.

on the other hand, trae had back to back 30 point games so we can put to rest that trae doesn’t perform in the play-offs. Quin really did help him adjust in the playoffs against a top 5 defense, and is the best thing the front office has done in the Trae young era so far. 

one more thing, what DJ did was stupid. That ref was terrible but man you just can’t do that. If he’s suspended, he may have shut the door on any chance we have on winning game 5. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yeah, that was a great single game.  What about the first two games of the series?  I know I'll get the "every player has bad games" and I agree with that.  But no first tier superstar wants to come and play with Trae.  That tells you something in and of itself.  Durant had no interest in coming here.  Kyrie had no interest in coming here (which is okay).  LeBron has never been interested in coming here.  How are we ever going to advance if no one wants to come here?

WHAT ABOUT THE LAST TWO GAMES?

Watchman, you're not watching.   You see only what you want to see.    You should rename yourself ... antiwatchman.     The fact that you can come back from watching him put up 35/15  with a 15:1 A/TO and say.. "Well what about the first two games"..   Says volumes... VOLUMES... 

Stop-just-hating-all-the-time GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Not so fast.  We signed Julius Erving back in the 1970s.  The problem was we didn't own his draft rights, and the league ultimately nixed the signing.  Erving enjoyed playing with Maravich and Hudson in practice.

Would be nice but that is like saying we had Arvydas Sabonis.  Neither played a single game for the Hawks.  He was under contract with another team and wasn't a first tier superstar at that point.  He had just finished his rookie season with the Virginia Squires and was far from an established NBA star.  Whatever you think of the ABA, this was where he was slotted after that season and this isn't a list of first tier stars or anywhere close to it:

image.png

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

e don't know that Durant didn't want to come here because of Trae.

We don't even know that Durant Didn't want to come here.   There was lots of speculations about KD's best landing spots by THE MEDIA..  But tell me @Watchman where did KD say Atlanta is out??

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

WHAT ABOUT THE LAST TWO GAMES?

Watchman, you're not watching.   You see only what you want to see.    You should rename yourself ... antiwatchman.     The fact that you can come back from watching him put up 35/15  with a 15:1 A/TO and say.. "Well what about the first two games"..   Says volumes... VOLUMES... 

Stop-just-hating-all-the-time GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

No, it just indicates you can't depend on him to be there when you need him.  Everybody was all over Murray last night, but he carried the team for the first two games.  Comprende?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

No, it just indicates you can't depend on him to be there when you need him.  Everybody was all over Murray last night, but he carried the team for the first two games.  Comprende?

Tough to draw too many big conclusions from a few playoff games.  Embiid was the #3 guy for Philly this series and missed one game entirely.  Struggled in games 1 and 3 (finishing that series shooting 12.5% from 3).  Donovan Mitchell has been pretty rough his last two games.  It just isn't that hard to find guys who have underachieved for several games in the playoffs or threw up stinkers like Anthony Davis Game 2 or Klay Thompson Game 3, etc.  

Again, Quin came here to coach Trae.  Let's give him the chance to do that unless a deal for a first tier superstar comes along.  

• Like 4

Trae is gonna be a Hawk for life. It’s never his fault when we lose not ever. There’s a handful of players as smart or smarter than him. 

It takes time. If we have Trae for a 15-20 year career here in Atlanta, and he gets rolling in year 6-8, he would have a legit 10 years of prime basketball 🏀 left to give us 10 legit shots at titles.

No, if I’m a GM, I’m never trading Trae. 

Do you people realize how hard it is to land a superstar? After Nique in 94, it took us 24 years to land another one in Trae. 

PLUS, Nique was a SF he needed guys to get the ball in his hands, Trae is the quarterback he dictates how the game plays out.

Not trading the best QB in the NBA for anything short of Giannis or Wemby.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Tough to draw too many big conclusions from a few playoff games.  Embiid was the #3 guy for Philly this series and missed one game entirely.  Struggled in games 1 and 3 (finishing that series shooting 12.5% from 3).  Donovan Mitchell has been pretty rough his last two games.  It just isn't that hard to find guys who have underachieved for several games in the playoffs or threw up stinkers like Anthony Davis Game 2 or Klay Thompson Game 3, etc.  

Again, Quin came here to coach Trae.  Let's give him the chance to do that unless a deal for a first tier superstar comes along.  

You know, if any other superstar has a bad game... AntiWatchman doesn't see it..  Only Trae.   And if Trae has not one but two really good games... Antiwatchman still only sees the bad...  Some people can only see what they want to see. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is gonna be a Hawk for life. It’s never his fault when we lose not ever. There’s a handful of players as smart or smarter than him. 

Every player has games where it is their fault that their team loses.  Trae has had plenty of them this year.  He bears his share of responsibility.  That said, he has been a key part of our success as well over the last 3 playoff seasons and deserves a ton of credit for that.  Nobody is perfect and this season Trae has had a lot of games where his shooting and turnovers were a huge factor in the game going wrong.  

That doesn't mean you get rid of him at age 24 with a new coach who joined the team with the intention of coaching him up.  You spend years trying to find someone with his potential.  Give it your best before giving up unless someone comes with a godfather offer for him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You have guys who have fallen in love with perpetual mediocrity and Draft lottery parties talking about trading Trae for Siakim.  Siakim is no Centerpiece.  Ask Toronto. What has he done in Toronto since Kawhi left?  Yet... this is who some want to trade Trae for...   GTFOH.

I call this piece.... "Since you've been gone."..

image.png

Wait.  Hol' on, playa.   Somebody really said trade Trae for Siakim?  You lyin'..  

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae game tonight made me feel much better about him. He's back on the side with me with Hunter and Okongwu and the rookie contract gang in the keepers list. 

Anyone who stood up for Trae is officially out of low IQ jail.  Phew.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Law of mid says we are coming back to Atlanta...

I expect us to win in Boston. 

If you throw out a gazillion predictions, you're bound to get at least one right sooner or later...  lol