• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Would you agree that for everyone player out there who is discussed by his GM, only a small % of those discussions actually result in a trade?  

I agree with you that I would bet against the KAT trade happening.  I just don't see that as a reason to "pretend the whole insider KAT thing never happened."  Like we heard from the insiders on this thread that Atlanta was interested in Siakam.  That was confirmed by reports in the broader media.  Just because a trade doesn't happen isn't grounds for indicting insiders who said the discussions were happening.

I think at best you can blame them for being overly optimistic that discussion would translate into an actual trade but I see that all the time regardless of the source of a report.  Few trades of big players are made.  Many more discussions take place and are shared by the media and other sources that never result in a trade or take a long time to turn into an actionable trade (see John Collins).

I'm not indicting anyone. But this ain't my first rodeo. No way a KAT trade was occurring without national media, or beat writers catching wind of it. Lo and behold, no KAT trade. We do this every summer and posters continue to be remarkably credulous.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not indicting anyone. But this ain't my first rodeo. No way a KAT trade was occurring without national media, or beat writers catching wind of it. Lo and behold, no KAT trade. We do this every summer and posters continue to be remarkably credulous.

Overly credulous of trade discussions happening or overly credulous that a trade will ultimately materialize?  The former is no sin in my books.  The latter is a sin typical of fandom.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just as an aside, I do think his declining play was very much akin to JC where JC had injury and suffered from playing next to Capela.  He and Gobert did not pair well and given Gobert's offensive limitations it took away some of KAT's best scoring so that Gobert could stand near the basket as much as possible.

That's fair, but nevertheless, his contract is an enormous risk. Considering the punitive nature of the new CBA, for me it's a non starter. 

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Overly credulous of trade discussions happening or overly credulous that a trade will ultimately materialize?  The former is no sin in my books.  The latter is a sin typical of fandom.

Did you read the numerous posts yesterday? Everyone was spiking the football yet we haven't crossed the goal line. We might be nowhere near the goal line.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I will say I expect two things to happen soon. In vegas when both teams are face to face things will heat up. Also, the JC trade officially takes place after that. I expect there to be an explosion of chatter over the next three days and execution by July 14th, if at all. In my opinion the only hold up is if Minnesota wants to wait until the trade deadline to execute the deal to give the Gobert/Towns one more try. If they are smart they will get off that contract as soon as possible, otherwise they will be stuck with him like they are Gobert. We are slightly ahead of them in terms of competing and KAT fits our team a little better, so it makes sense for us to take some risk now, but we are not stupid either, we will move on and they will miss the best opportunity they have. His contract will no doubt become an anchor for whatever franchise has him. 

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Did you read the numerous posts yesterday? Everyone was spiking the football yet we haven't crossed the goal line. We might be nowhere near the goal line.

We are close to that line beside if we are not then why we are talking about it.  Besides if it is not then we just have fun with players that we want.  You just need to take it easy and see what happens and dont sweat the small stuff.  Remember all of the trades that we did is not finalized yet and other stuff as well.  So just sit back and enjoy the ride no matter what the destination is. 

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

We are close to that line beside if we are not then why we are talking about it.  Besides if it is not then we just have fun with players that we want.  You just need to take it easy and see what happens and dont sweat the small stuff.  Remember all of the trades that we did is not finalized yet and other stuff as well.  So just sit back and enjoy the ride no matter what the destination is. 

Others might enjoy fights of fancy. I enjoy getting it right.

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Others might enjoy fights of fancy. I enjoy getting it right.

Image result for just chill gif

I know that and everybody wants to get it right as well but everything is a process to make it right.  It might happen or might not.  But this is crazy season for trades and FA pickups.  

Right now we still have two outstanding trades right now and it could be prelude to a bigger trade (I know that 100% that Rudy Gay will not be in a Hawks uniform) plus we have to move Capella and other pieces.  Let them cook!

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2

And right on cue lol I still think the trade target is Siakam and eventually Toronto relents.

What happens in big trades like Harden to Sixers and Dame to Miami is teams are linked together for weeks, negotiations drag on and finally a deal consummates.

The KAT thing is not picked up by national media but it seems that Atlanta FO has and continues to be the only suitor for Siakam. As much as it is debated on this board, it just comes down to finalizing the deal. 

How many of these hemming and hawwing deals ultimately get done, a lot when it’s one big name. Anthony Davis to the Lakers is one.. that one took a while.

When a team is deleveraged and a star needs to be traded, there is a process that repeats in the NBA.

Partners are identified… weeks of dragging and media warfare…. Deal finalizes.

The Murray deal represents a microcosm of this dance.. The partners were identified, it took days, Knicks were a bluff by Spurs, the deal closed because ultimately the trading partners realize they are the only left matched ones and the grease is added.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

GIF wcw roddy piper kevin nash - animated GIF on GIFER

Since when you an outsider.. where’s the official roster… what does it take to get in… if it takes some of the things spud and kg references I gotta stay out

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Doesn’t matter if Siakam is steadfast on night resigning here. 

That was spin. It came, it spun, nobody knows… You should know of all people you don’t cling to one spin. If you cling to one spin in NBA twitter I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you..

you have to read the tea leaves not the spin… spin is leveraging by agents, teams, players sometimes.. and even teams involved that don’t want other teams to get involved… hint hint… two teams linked together over and over…. 

and badadadaboom… leveraging may not be true…. Well whadda ya know

If you have to cling to that you might want to see all the other spin in Toronto or elsewhere.. it’s how trades work

Edited by theheroatl

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Forget KAT Siakam and PG13..

we need this man!

Zion Williamson available "for the right situation"

i_f4_e8_4e_zion-williamson.png?w=190

Jake Madison: Chris Haynes says on the broadcast that “over the last 3, 4 months talking to league executives around the league it was made clear that Zion Williamson could be made available for the right situation and the right package” “Not saying he was clearly available but Zion can be had”

via TwitterNOLAJake

"Noooo..." - Bugs Bunny 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1