• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Not sure why we are acting like Siakam is a complete non shooter.  He’s had 731 three point attempts in the past three years and has hit 33% of them.  

Before Atlanta signed Paul Millsap, he was a complete non shooter from the perimeter.  They developed his shot to the point that he hit 35% on 3 attempts per game during his Atlanta tenure.  Al was not a three point shooter prior to being in Bud’s offensive scheme. Neither was Demarre Carroll.  Jeff was more of a mid range guy as well.  

It makes a difference when you go from a coach that doesn’t encourage three point shots to one that does.  

Siakam in Quin’s offense could be Paul Millsap I’m Bud’s offense on steroids since he can do more off the dribble than Paul could.  Paul was the best mid post offensive player in basketball under Bud though.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

And what’s going through Siakam’s head? He doesn’t wanna play in Atlanta, where Trae is the purest point guard.. isn’t that a PF/X’s dream as far as unleashing their games even more?

I feel like you could use this as an argument against acquiring him. Kinda suggests selfishness. 

• Sad 1

I’d love to have Jaylen Brown. But I do wonder how he’d  pair with Trae and DJ. I feel like improving our front court is most important. That said, if Jaylen is an option and is remotely available, I feel like we’d be crazy to not at least think about it.  

And Jaylen still hasn’t signed his deal so that says something  🤔

• Like 4

Masai, along with Luc Mbah a Moute, basically discovered Siakam at his basketball camp in Africa when Pascal was still a teenager. They go back a long way, and I wonder if there is some sentimental attachment that is influencing how he is going about this trade. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nbatalk07 said:

Just joined this board but wanted to give yall some info but I think this to comes an end soon with the pelicans being involved possibly.

Well, this is something new to think about.  Most any move talked about recently would involve more than one team.  Now we wonder how the Pellicans fit in?  Or, would it be different with only the Hawks and Pellicans?

:smug:

28 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I’d love to have Jaylen Brown. But I do wonder how he’d  pair with Trae and DJ. I feel like improving our front court is most important. That said, if Jaylen is an option and is remotely available, I feel like we’d be crazy to not at least think about it.  

And Jaylen still hasn’t signed his deal so that says something  🤔

That kind of thing either episodes, or it can resemble Kidd/Jackson/Mashburn.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

C'mere, MH.  Gimme a hug, it'll be all right. 

(sigh)

(longer sigh)

Bol Bol is out there for a reason, bro.  I know, I know.  We had high hopes for 'im.  But .... I'm saving up for Mandarin lessons and I suggest you do the same.

结束了
Jiéshùle

😥

I just think people don’t understand how easy the game comes to him and want to put him in a center box and have this crazy high motor all the time. He is ahead of his time but watch Wemby reap the benefits of the Bol Bol dues. Lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Not sure why we are acting like Siakam is a complete non shooter.  He’s had 731 three point attempts in the past three years and has hit 33% of them.  

Before Atlanta signed Paul Millsap, he was a complete non shooter from the perimeter.  They developed his shot to the point that he hit 35% on 3 attempts per game during his Atlanta tenure.  Al was not a three point shooter prior to being in Bud’s offensive scheme. Neither was Demarre Carroll.  Jeff was more of a mid range guy as well.  

It makes a difference when you go from a coach that doesn’t encourage three point shots to one that does.  

Siakam in Quin’s offense could be Paul Millsap I’m Bud’s offense on steroids since he can do more off the dribble than Paul could.  Paul was the best mid post offensive player in basketball under Bud though.  

Add to this, DJ wasn’t a three point shooter and had his best overall shooting season with us. 

Having the green light while also not being counted on as “the guy” can open things up for you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Sometimes, the 2 am bar girls are hot.

Just have to make the right pick.

Funny Drunk Girl GIFs | Tenor

So, because I have a huge caring heart, I researched that gif to make sure the girls ok.

As best I can tell, she only had a busted lip and a fractured rib.  But apparantly was only 17 and wasn't drunk when this happened. 

Dont rail-surf, kids.

The more you know.... 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, nbatalk07 said:

Just joined this board but wanted to give yall some info but I think this to comes an end soon with the pelicans being involved possibly.

welcome to the squawk! 

Wonder if Zion gets his dream of playing in Atlanta with Trae?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1