• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Decisive, aggressive but ok..

Doesn’t need to be with Trae and DJ, just aggressive to the hole and bust middies and some treys, he shoots treys smoothly.

🫤 

So you want to pay a 35 y.o. 52 Million dollars and he's not a game changer. 

image.png

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Not the OG droppindimes, but this one has also called some things correctly 

If Kobe's the holdup, I feel like we're getting Siakam cause there's no way Landry let's an all NBA player slip out of his hands for an unproven rookie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, akay said:

If Kobe's the holdup, I feel like we're getting Siakam cause there's no way Landry let's an all NBA player slip out of his hands for an unproven rookie. 

Guess we’ll find out in August. 

Seems like Trae’s wedding is this weekend and people probably taking vacations until August 1.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, akay said:

To me, it makes logical sense because if they were to trade off Siakam, they have everything except a Young PG who can grow with the young team.   They have Dennis but he's a standin right now.   Next year's draft class isn't bubbling over with PGs.   It makes a lot of sense that they would want Kobe.   Something like the trade below.   After Aug 2...

I still don't like his fit but maybe it's not about fit.   Maybe it's about the severance of contracts?

image.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

To me, it makes logical sense because if they were to trade off Siakam, they have everything except a Young PG who can grow with the young team.   They have Dennis but he's a standin right now.   Next year's draft class isn't bubbling over with PGs.   It makes a lot of sense that they would want Kobe.   Something like the trade below.   After Aug 2...

I still don't like his fit but maybe it's not about fit.   Maybe it's about the severance of contracts?

image.png

That’s my favorite trade variation of everything thrown out there and also the one that makes the most sense for all sides.

Dallas THJ and McGee are on the block we’ve known that

Toronto should make a move if they’re smart and Kobe THJ and Dre gives them quality return. Raps fans need to come to grips that the only young player they are getting is Kobe. Landry is not stupid enough to send out AJ, OO, or JJ. 

Hawks we know the story.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

That’s my favorite trade variation of everything thrown out there and also the one that makes the most sense for all sides.

Dallas THJ and McGee are on the block we’ve known that

Toronto should make a move if they’re smart and Kobe THJ and Dre gives them quality return. Raps fans need to come to grips that the only young player they are getting is Kobe. Landry is not stupid enough to send out AJ, OO, or JJ. 

Hawks we know the story.

While I'm no fan of the trade for Siakam, I can see it going down.. I neglected to put in possible picks because I'm lazy.   However, the caveat is that Siakam is a rental.   His agency has pigeonholed any team that trades for him. 

I think this may be the favorite rendition because we haven't seen Kobe play a season.   I believe Kobe has talent. 

What if we send out a very talented player for a rental that doesn't really fit?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

While I'm no fan of the trade for Siakam, I can see it going down.. I neglected to put in possible picks because I'm lazy.   However, the caveat is that Siakam is a rental.   His agency has pigeonholed any team that trades for him. 

I think this may be the favorite rendition because we haven't seen Kobe play a season.   I believe Kobe has talent. 

What if we send out a very talented player for a rental that doesn't really fit?

It is what it is… anything happens and will happen in the NBA. There are Danny Mannings and then there are James Hardens.

If Siakam gets to Atlanta I don’t think Toronto takes him back and then you’re looking at who has cap space for a max offer.

76ers with Nick Nurse?

OKC? 

Jazz?

Charlotte?

Magic? 

Spurs?

I mean.. you gotta think. Maybe the Magic if any but that is a suspect list…

I think the trade ends up happening. There are factors that are stalling it.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

It is what it is… anything happens and will happen in the NBA. There are Danny Mannings and then there are James Hardens.

If Siakam gets to Atlanta I don’t think Toronto takes him back and then you’re looking at who has cap space for a max offer.

76ers with Nick Nurse?

OKC? 

Jazz?

Charlotte?

Magic? 

Spurs?

I mean.. you gotta think. Maybe the Magic if any but that is a suspect list…

I think the trade ends up happening. There are factors that are stalling it.

Could be Houston, could be anybody.  In fact, he could lower his ask for 1 year to go ring shopping.  The thing is you take your chances with a rental.   People are banking on him being money hungry and having to work with us... he really doesn't.   And therein lies one of the problems, we may give up all this player stash for a guy that is only here for one year.   At that point it doesn't become what do we do now, it becomes look at the value that we gave up.  We know these guys are able to be moved for good players. 

In a way, I would almost welcome the albatross contract of KAT before going after Siakam.   At least with KAT there's a better fit...even though he hasn't shown the love.   There's a possibility that Quin could reach him. 

Hell Zion could hit the trade wires. 

I just like the thought of standing pat for now and really seeing what we have.   We don't know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, akay said:

I think this is a fake account.  The OG is @droppingdimes20.

Tons of fake accounts with other numbers have been created.  Yours links to @droppingdimes27