• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

All about the fit!  

We gawk at these numbers, but with the way the salary cap is rising, it's going to be like any other max/super max.  Boston is going to be in trouble if they can't get the most out Brown and Tatum in the next year or two though

There are some scenarios where they could be worse next year too.  Can you imagine?  Yikes.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

All about the fit!  

We gawk at these numbers, but with the way the salary cap is rising, it's going to be like any other max/super max.  Boston is going to be in trouble if they can't get the most out Brown and Tatum in the next year or two though. 

I agree; however, the #1 fit characteristic is related to attitude and competitiveness.  

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We gawk at these numbers, but with the way the salary cap is rising, it's going to be like any other max/super max.

These new max deals will continually be like this, we have to adjust our thinking to match what the new CBA values are.

• Like 1

• Admin

way too much money going around now ... that is just crazy.  It will handcuff the Celtics as they will have to give the same or more to Tatum.

The funny thing is Brown is really really good but I don't consider him great.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Max contracts on teams that are not over the apron aren't going to handcuff them any more than they have in the past the past ~8 years.  The absolute dollars are higher but so is the cap, all relative. 

The cap is jumping 10% a season now so all contracts are going to feel like an overpay, but you have to look at the $s as a % of the cap.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, warcore said:

Yeah I also hate Tatum

In my view Tatum would be the perfect star pairing with Trae.  Both would benefit from each other's offensive gravity and Tatum's diverse skill set gives him lots of ways to impact winning off the ball.

11 minutes ago, Packfill said:

In my view Tatum would be the perfect star pairing with Trae.  Both would benefit from each other's offensive gravity and Tatum's diverse skill set gives him lots of ways to impact winning off the ball.

Depends on what you mean by perfect.  Jokic is becoming the cheat code, top player in the league.  Would you really pick Tatum as a better pairing than Jokic?  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These new max deals will continually be like this, we have to adjust our thinking to match what the new CBA values are.

I predict Jayson Tatum will be the highest paid nba player ever as he get a contract similar to this before the CBA restrictions kick in after the ‘24 season when contract extensions will be limited to 3 years. 

This is where Jaybird comes in and corrects me. Lol. 

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

way too much money going around now ... that is just crazy.  It will handcuff the Celtics as they will have to give the same or more to Tatum.

The funny thing is Brown is really really good but I don't consider him great.

And to think, the Bulls didn’t want to pay 30 mil a year to keep that championship team together after 98’.

Now you got guys making that who aren’t even All Stars lol

Brown will end up making twice that amount per year and he has never won a championship lol

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I predict Jayson Tatum will be the highest paid nba player ever as he get a contract similar to this before the CBA restrictions kick in after the ‘24 season when contract extensions will be limited to 3 years. 

This is where Jaybird comes in and corrects me. Lol. 

Nope. There will always be the next guy making more as the cap rises a max 10% each year.

A Tatum Supermax will be 35% of $164.5 million next offseason for $57.5 in year 1. 

Donovan Mitchell will be due his extension the following year with the cap at $180 mil.

Trae's extension year the cap will be close to $200 mil...if he makes AllNBA he starts at $69 mil

• Like 2