• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

If I have to sit through another season of watching Trae Westbrook crippling the offense and not letting the real star of the team (Jalen) flourish I'm gonna be pissed

This...

• Premium Member
Just now, FrankWhite said:

They lost because they shot 5/29 on threes. If they continue to shoot 17% from three, then it’s time to panic.

We had a 3pt issue last season...starting off the season in the same fashion is annoying more than anything.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Trae and DJM killed us. They couldn't make a shot to save their lives.

I also have to call out these terrible refs. Mark Williams should have fouled out in the first half. He constantly fouled our guys on drives around the basket and nothing was called. Rozier literally grabbed Trae's jersey and yanked on him to pull him back when Trae had the ball and no foul was called. Brandon Miller literally stepped on Bey's foot while he was shooting a three and no foul was called.

There's at least a dozen or more free throw attempts we should have attempted as a team that was not called.

• Like 3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Many more reason than this...The offense was so forced after the 1st quarter.  Hero ball was in full effect from our guards tonight

3rd quarter, we created numerous quality touches but shots weren't falling. For us to win consistently, Trae has to trust the scheme 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Defensively, sure. Offensively. This was a farcry from the preseason and this is to @shakes and @Plainview1981 point, we gotta do this when it matters in the regular season and not revert back what we did last year. 

I saw JJ shine in John Collins absence. I saw great passing in the first half by everyone.

If Trae and DJ have JUST an average night we run away with this one. If we made more than 5 3s we run away with this game. 

Sloppy end to the game but that was our stars trying to show their worth when having an off night. This early in the season I expect old habits to pop up here and there. Good thing is they didn't play like that ALL game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FrankWhite said:

They lost because they shot 5/29 on threes. If they continue to shoot 17% from three, then it’s time to panic.

If they continue to shoot 17% from 3, they'll end up being the worst NBA team of all time.

Go back to the A and get it back.

Knicks battling pretty well vs the Celtics with 2 min to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They both can't be this bad in the same game, compounded by not running the offense and getting everyone involved.

No ball movement and hoisting three pointers is a recipe for NOT winning championships.  Same offense. Your turn Trae.  Your turn Murray.  No ball movement, no, I'm tired of repeating it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We all know that both won't suck this bad this season.

But if we want to win any game, these types of shooting performances are unacceptable.

When was the last time Trae shot over 50% for a stretch of games? 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1