• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm more surprised at Quinn going status quo ever since he has been here ( not changing the offense one bit) and not inspiring these guys than anything else.  Like the gif I keep posting, they could've just kept McMillan and saved the dough they giving Quinn.  The Hawks have a monster coaching staff too and this is what they are bringing to the table?  Yes, its one game but I've seen enough to see that nothing is gonna change.  The Hawks will have glimpses of brilliance but overall will be a .500 ball club that sneaks into the play in tournament again.

Hard to change the bad habits of a coach killa!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

And let me make myself clear again. If it doesn't work between Trae & Quinn...Trae is the one that needs to go!!!

You are crazy if u think a team should go through 3 coaches for a player!!

We gotta give Trae a chance in this scheme. He's going to have withdrawals  when his shots not falling

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Other thoughts: first quarter and about halfway through second we ran an actual offense. Then someone flipped a switch and it was Hero Ball between Trae and DJM until the fourth quarter when we started moving the ball again.

Hero Ball needs to die. 

I know people are vastly overreacting to this game but I will say this: if it comes down to Trae or Snyder I stand behind the coach. Trae has to stop trying to Hero Ball and fit into the system. Heliocentric offense only goes so far. There ARE times you need it especially  in the playoffs but not like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

And let me make myself clear again. If it doesn't work between Trae & Quinn...Trae is the one that needs to go!!!

You are crazy if u think a team should go through 3 coaches for a player!!

I don't think one guy is to blame for the hawks issues.

Although Trae was terrible, I think this is just a horribly flawed team that doesn't mesh well together at all. No size, no shooting, no IQ, no defense, etc.. I say blame whoever is the mastermind behind the roster.

I been very pessimistic about the roster construction for awhile now.

Just now, skimaskway23 said:

You got guys ready to blow it up after 1 game😭😭😭

Some people see a Forrest, some people can only see 1 tree🤭

I'm not talking about this one game bruh. Trae has been playing this way for a LOOOOOOONG time. And what did I say that was false???

Answer this question, do you really think the Hawks are gonna go through 3rd coach for Trae?????

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm more surprised at Quinn going status quo ever since he has been here ( not changing the offense one bit) and not inspiring these guys than anything else.  Like the gif I keep posting, they could've just kept McMillan and saved the dough they giving Quinn.  The Hawks have a monster coaching staff too and this is what they are bringing to the table?  Yes, its one game but I've seen enough to see that nothing is gonna change.  The Hawks will have glimpses of brilliance but overall will be a .500 ball club that sneaks into the play in tournament again.

2023 y'all😅

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, yungsta said:

Although Trae was terrible, I think this is just a horribly flawed team that doesn't mesh well together at all. No size, no shooting, no IQ, no defense, etc.. I say blame whoever is the mastermind behind the roster.

So you are blaming the roster even thought the team still had a chance to win the game despite the back court playing as god awful as they did?

1 minute ago, skimaskway23 said:

You got guys ready to blow it up after 1 game😭😭😭

Some people see a Forrest, some people can only see 1 tree🤭

Some people see Trae keep shooting IN THE FOREST when there are players wide open on the wing waving for the ball...

3 defenders in the FOREST and Hunter wide open on the wing...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQrtEwQNXYlKulyx3-rc-

THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY TEAM BASKETBALL!

giphy.gif

tumblr_n549asGwU31svefdfo1_400.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yungsta said:

This is a bad take 

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you are blaming the roster even thought the team still had a chance to win the game despite the back court playing as god awful as they did?

He didn't watch the game 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Some people see Trae keep shooting IN THE FOREST when there are players wide open on the wing waving for the ball...

3 defenders in the FOREST and Hunter wide open on the wing...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQrtEwQNXYlKulyx3-rc-

THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY TEAM BASKETBALL!

giphy.gif

tumblr_n549asGwU31svefdfo1_400.gif

Gotcha, let's keep blowing it up until we get Jordan or LeBron. Glad to know you live in reality

• Haha 1