• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He has to mentally get out of the mode of hero ball. It's going to take time. 

Luka is sick. 

We traded Luka, then gave SA 3 1sts for Murray.. Im sick of this game already.. smh

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

These are supposed to be our 2 best perimeter defenders…..

Yeah but if they don't communicate about about who takes which guy we have this....they both leave a guy open for a practice shot.

These are fixable things though.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Missed and/or no communication on defense

Missed wide open 3 after a great pass.

That first clip exemplifies the lack of mental focus, effort, and willingness to play for one another we saw tonight.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah but if they don't communicate about about who takes which guy we have this....they both leave a guy open for a practice shot.

These are fixable things though.

Dre needs to come off the bench.

He’s not adding value to the one thing he is supposed to do better than anyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dre needs to come off the bench.

He’s not adding value to the one thing he is supposed to do better than anyone else.

This is a terrible post. 

Dre was miles better defensively than any wing we had out there tonight. 

Bey was getting crushed on PnRs v. Washington

JJ defensive awareness off the ball is in the single digits. 

I understand this is HS and we don't understand the game well on this site unless it's ball watching but Dre did a good job on defense and had to cover for multiple mistakes we made tonight. 

Offensively, he was meh and I am guessing that's why you have your panties in a bunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron. You said the powers that be want the Hawks  to lead the league in assists vs Trae leading the league - not a good start. Hornets with 34 assist, Hawks 24, Trae with 9, DJ with 6 - where are the rest going to come from in the starting lineup? They had 1 between Dre, Bey and CC.

The idea is in training camp and practice they've seen better handles and passing from Hunter, OO, Jalen, Bey, Bogi etc. Quin wants the team to pass, drive or shoot. What we saw tonight for two quarters is the literal opposite of what a Quin Snyder offense looks like. I posted a slew of videos showing his offense in Utah. We saw some of it for two quarters...and ugly selfish one vs five for two quarters.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is a terrible post. 

Dre was miles better defensively than any wing we had out there tonight. 

Bey was getting crushed on PnRs v. Washington

JJ defensive awareness off the ball is in the single digits. 

I understand this is HS and we don't understand the game well on this site unless it's ball watching but Dre did a good job on defense and had to cover for multiple mistakes we made tonight. 

Offensively, he was meh and I am guessing that's why you have your panties in a bunch.

This. I keep saying despite my criticisms of Dre that what he does the best we have no one else on the roster that can do it. JJ is going to get there, his on ball defense is really good now, but his off the ball defense is not good. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

We traded Luka, then gave SA 3 1sts for Murray.. Im sick of this game already.. smh

I have said before: the basketball ppl wanted to keep Luka. Ressler listened to the PR/marketing side and went with Trae because they told him Trae would make him more money in Atlanta than a white Euro kid ever would.

It is what it is at this point.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have said before: the basketball ppl wanted to keep Luka. Ressler listened to the PR/marketing side and went with Trae because they told him Trae would make him more money in Atlanta than a white Euro kid ever would.

I think Tony is fine with so so teams as long as Trae gets people to games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Meanwhile, San Antonio tanked, got 3 firsts from Atlanta, Wemby and appear to be a monster squad, AGAIN, while the Hawks still can't even get TO a NBA finals.

U guarantee u that there are posters on here that would rather have Trae than Wemby LOL

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I figured this when the trade went down tbh...

33/14/10 on opening night... smh

I hope Ressler goes broke...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2