• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I really don't like the Hunter/Bey combo.

I get that on paper that duo looks good for outside shooting that you need with Trae/Murray being inconsistent, but I think Bey just needs to come off the Bench to do his shooting thing.

Johnson should start most nights. It's ashame that AJ is left out in the cold though

Big explosion by Murray, and two big bounce back wins. Hopefully the team can find some level of consistency and this doesn't end up and ups and downs kind of season, but it's possible considering the team has a lot of young and streaky players. 

On paper it makes more sense, in reality, neither are plus athletes and it puts three average to below passers on the floor. With JJ, he's a plus passer with Murray and Trae. Obviously, he's not Trae, hardly anyone is 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Capela is driving me nuts.  He's become a straight liability on offense.   I'd guess half of his offensive rebounds effectively are turnovers when he throws them wildly at the rim. 

I don't want to hate on the guy.  He's done a lot of good stuff too especially on D but his hands can't continue to be this bad. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Capela is driving me nuts.  He's become a straight liability on offense.   I'd guess half of his offensive rebounds effectively are turnovers when he throws them wildly at the rim. 

I don't want to hate on the guy.  He's done a lot of good stuff too especially on D but his hands can't continue to be this bad. 

Just watch Capela the first 2 minutes of the below video.  I think Capela is way out of shape.  Misses one of the easiest bunny dunks ever, and almost misses a 2nd.   Just watch him the whole first 2 minutes, he is just laboring around the court.  This is in the first quarter too.  This version of Capela is a liability.

3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

If this is what Jalen actually is, I'm trying to remember another player I'm the league that made a jump like that , I know there aren't any on the hawks in recent years but how about league wide? I'm sure there are some to compare 

Well back in the day Clyde the glide went from 7 ppg to 17ppg in his second year. 10 point jump is pretty huge.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've been a big proponent of selling high on him. I've loved him being in Atlanta but spacing and 3 point shooting will be more important moving forward.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

If this is what Jalen actually is, I'm trying to remember another player I'm the league that made a jump like that , I know there aren't any on the hawks in recent years but how about league wide? I'm sure there are some to compare 

Jalen is definitely our guy moving forward... He just has "IT". and you have to start guys like that

It's either at SF or PF.. I'd personally want him at SF and move Dre to the bench.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Just watch Capela the first 2 minutes of the below video.  I think Capela is way out of shape.  Misses one of the easiest bunny dunks ever, and almost misses a 2nd.   Just watch him the whole first 2 minutes, he is just laboring around the court.  This is in the first quarter too.  This version of Capela is a liability.

I guess it's time for Capela to get thrown into the Hawks fan hate list. 

BUT

I didn't notice how much Wrap he has on that knee.  His Knee is wrapped like Mine were in the end of my football career.  I think he's hiding an injury.   He may have hyperextended something and it hasn't bounced back yet or he may have a little patellar tendinopathy.  I will say it like my old ball coach used to say... "Put some ice on it".  Honestly, that was one of his answers to everything!  When I dislocated my patellar and my knee cap was behind my knee...  The old ball coach came by and said "Wrap it up and Put some ice on it".   Ice, wrapping, and DMSO was his answer for everything. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I guess it's time for Capela to get thrown into the Hawks fan hate list. 

BUT

I didn't notice how much Wrap he has on that knee.  His Knee is wrapped like Mine were in the end of my football career.  I think he's hiding an injury.   He may have hyperextended something and it hasn't bounced back yet or he may have a little patellar tendinopathy.  I will say it like my old ball coach used to say... "Put some ice on it".  Honestly, that was one of his answers to everything!  When I dislocated my patellar and my knee cap was behind my knee...  The old ball coach came by and said "Wrap it up and Put some ice on it".   Ice, wrapping, and DMSO was his answer for everything. 

I was noticing that.  Don't remember him having that big of a knee wrap before.   No offense to North but if we have to shut CC down for a stretch i'm not really liking our center rotation.   I hope i'm wrong. 

35 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I've been a big proponent of selling high on him. I've loved him being in Atlanta but spacing and 3 point shooting will be more important moving forward.

I am still trading him for KAT. Bey and Bogi plus Clint for KAT. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You're reading the tea leaves wrong...  The league is going back big.   Rebounds will be important.   Teams that can't get them will lose.  Jokic, Embiid, Jalen Duren, Wimby, Lively II, Mark Williams, Porzingis etc... are ushering back in the need for size in the game.  3 pt shooting is great but being able to limit a team to 1 shot is going to be the calling card of winning teams. 

Even with the best spacing, no team is going to be able to keep the three point shot going indefinitely.   Last night was a classic example.  

In the first half, Minny was 12 of 18 on 3 pters.  In the second half,  4 of 15.   We had 23 drbs in the 2nd half compared to 11 in the first.  Those are possessions. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

His defense hasn't been good this season. Cap has aged 4 years this offseason. His decline had been a thing the last several years but he just took several steps down. I hope he can bounce back, I think it was two years ago he was awful first half and picked it up. Last season he was awesome first half and then was awful second half. I love the dude and what he brought to this team but he is the prime candidate to be moved IMO. We need to get a younger rawer version of him and let OO get the starter mins. 

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The time to sell "high" has come and gone. But I'd still sell him for some younger backup type big and let OO take the starter mins. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Maybe but last.night was a good example of issue with kat.  He just can't be the guy and he falls apart , missing wide open shots I'm the clutch. Wolves have been doing this for awhile, losing big leads and kst is one of your main guys that's there so that doesn't happen.  I understand the fit but Clint is also ramping up , takes him forever every year like 20 games almost. Not saying we can't make improvements.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why do people love KAT so much?  I hate using team record and playing on losing teams as a knock against a player, but I feel like it's warranted in this guys case.  His energy on the court is an emotional drag on that team.  He's like the opposite of a motivating, strong leader, superstar, and he gives shitty effort.  He should have scored 40 on us last night with the type of defense we were playing.  Empty stats player.  And our offense is plenty good with Trae on the roster -- we don't need more offensive talent with defensive holes.  I'd rather have Gobert than KAT 7 days a week.  He makes way more sense on our roster and knows how to operate effectively in a Quin Snyder offense without being able to shoot well.

• Thanks 1