• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes gonna have to be moved.. I doubt they trade Trae so Murray needs to go for a legit BIG that can stretch the floor and protect the rim.... I like Murray too.. But I dont like the pairing..

JJJ or someone similar ?

We may just have to find our guy in the draft..

We got 2 chances this year.. Any good young bigs available like that?

I like Murray too and they would never trade him in season, but I agree he's not the ideal pairing for Trae.  If they could get JJJ in a deal for him in the offseason, you probably have to do that deal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hate this team. Defense might as well be a foreign concept 

Its like Quin said, lets learn the offense first, then work on defense later in the season...... 😀

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes gonna have to be moved.. I doubt they trade Trae so Murray needs to go for a legit BIG that can stretch the floor and protect the rim.... I like Murray too.. But I dont like the pairing..

JJJ or someone similar ?

We may just have to find our guy in the draft..

We got 2 chances this year.. Any good young bigs available like that?

Team will definitely have to chose between Murray and Trae at some point soon. It's not just defensively both require the ball in their hands and are not maximized at all when on the floor together. It's not a cosmic coincidence that they both rarely have a good game at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I missed about 10 pages of bitching... and expect to see some congratulations on winning a tough game on the 2nd night of a back to back after a track meet in the first game of a back to back... and what do I find.. More bitching. 

Are you new around these parts. :laugh1:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

I like Murray too and they would never trade him in season, but I agree he's not the ideal pairing for Trae.  If they could get JJJ in a deal for him in the offseason, you probably have to do that deal.

If  theyre ready to move on from JA, we could do a 3 way deal with somebody.. lol

Murray could be a good replacement... 

Hawks get JJJ

Team B gets JA

Memphis gets Murray and a 1st rd pick or 2 from other team.. 😀

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe Quinn needs to incorporate the big line up more often than he does with Hunter at the 2 because this is getting ridiculous

The issue is, Trae and Murray have to play big mins. It's impossible for them to avoid each other. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe Quinn needs to incorporate the big line up more often than he does with Hunter at the 2 because this is getting ridiculous

I think it would improve the defense for sure, but are we cutting Murray's minutes to do that? That's gonna cause problems internally. 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

If  theyre ready to move on from JA, we could do a 3 way deal with somebody.. lol

Hawks get JJJ

Team B gets JA

JJJ is a 4. He can't handle size at all. Since Minnesota blasted off to the moon, KAT ain't gonna be available. Shit, idk. We can't even trade Murray for awhile anyway. 

Memphis is not trading Ja

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Hawks get JJJ

Team B gets JA

A more likely scenario would be a three team deal where DJ goes elsewhere and Atlanta receives JJJ from Memphis.  Grizz ain't giving up on Ja yet.