• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

On 11/22/2023 at 8:38 PM, NBASupes said:

Nothing gets on my nerves more than JC stans. Dude did not fit winning ball. Can't create. Can't pass, can defend multiple positions, only a good shooter if in rhythm. His fans swore on him and still do. 

He was on par with Horford to me.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Have you watched a single game this year outside of the Hawks?

No. I haven’t seen too many Minny games to be honest, or much of any other team, just Hawks mainly so far. I’ve kept an eye on the Scrubs due to being local and I’ve loved what I’ve seen from them thus far, a train wreck.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No. I haven’t seen too many Minny games to be honest, or much of any other team, just Hawks mainly so far. I’ve kept an eye on the Scrubs due to being local and I’ve loved what I’ve seen from them thus far, a train wreck.

Our inability to find a McDaniels or Herb Jones type has been the problem.  That and the series of steps Capela has lost.

At this point, the hold our defense(sic) has on games has been akin to us rushing to the cul de sac port-a-potty with a 2-inch grip on a 8-inch turd, baybee.  To translate, it's jussa mess waitin' to happen, folx. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Another installment of the BIL Chronicles.....

Thanksgiving was at my crib.  We're all watching TV.  Then suddenly, the TV switches to my DVR replay of the Hawks-Nets game.  But how? 😲

And, aw dang, the remote don't work and I can't turn it off!  Oh nooooo ... 😉

So, since no one knows how to work my TV, we had to sit through OT until the remote magically started working again.

The BIL's take tha L 2.0.

😎

#torture #mentalgamesindasac #trapped

🤣 this is a movie 🎥 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

McDaniels looks real nice, watched him in person earlier this year and have seen some TWolves this year.  Theres no one I would say is definitively better even if a few guys have arguments.

The first individual defensive metric I check is defensive box.  Herb Jones, Tatum, Derrick White, PG-13, and Jrue are the starting predominantly wing guys ahead of McDaniels (+1.1) who are known stoppers, a couple statistical outliers in SGA and Mitchell who play alongside at least two other excellent defenders.  Kyle Lowry, Kyle Anderson, Cam Reddish, Caruso, Josh Hart, and Thybulle off the bench.  No one would argue that all those guys are top tier (Cam when he focuses).  

Lebron, Kawhi, and Jimmy all play a hybrid type wing/ paint style now and can lock down whenever needed.  The first two just have to maintain focus on boxing out.

Bogi is the highest Hawk at -.1.  He’s not helping but he’s not hurting the defense like he usually has.  That’s my best guess as to why his minutes are below his career average: to maximize his defensive effort while out there.  I still think 26 should be 29.

12 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The first individual defensive metric I check is defensive box.  Herb Jones, Tatum, Derrick White, PG-13, and Jrue are the starting predominantly wing guys ahead of McDaniels (+1.1) who are known stoppers, a couple statistical outliers in SGA and Mitchell who play alongside at least two other excellent defenders.  Kyle Lowry, Kyle Anderson, Cam Reddish, Caruso, Josh Hart, and Thybulle off the bench.  No one would argue that all those guys are top tier (Cam when he focuses).  

Lebron, Kawhi, and Jimmy all play a hybrid type wing/ paint style now and can lock down whenever needed.  The first two just have to maintain focus on boxing out.

Bogi is the highest Hawk at -.1.  He’s not helping but he’s not hurting the defense like he usually has.  That’s my best guess as to why his minutes are below his career average: to maximize his defensive effort while out there.  I still think 26 should be 29.

Bogi been terrible. Hawks metrics are skewed because of lineup utilization