• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Guess what folks, if you don't have good defensive players are undersized at key positions it doesn't matter if you have the best defensive coach in the history of the game, you will suck at defense. Snyder can't go out there rebound the ball and contest shots of guys with a foot advantage in wingspan. Roster constructions is clearly flawed

Not just length either, they lack legit size. And the one thing I will agree on Hunter with @TheNorthCydeRises is Dre don't have the toughness like a Smart or Caruso to make it easier for Trae or Murray has Smart did for Pritchard and Caruso did for Pat Bev and previously Ayo D. 

JJ while a flashy defender capable of good stocks. He is a terrible defender at this stage. His awareness is trash and he's not reliable whereas he's better at key things over JC, JC was better at the possession by possession things. That said, JJ in year 3 is way better on D than JC in year 3 so experience matters and let's give JJ time to grow. 

We just got worse defensive personnel and a harder defensive scheme than last year. Nate Defensive scheme was trash in the playoffs outside of against the teams we played when we went to the ECF where they had non shooters getting real minutes. 

• Like 2

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Whether people feel like we have to make roster changes or not, the one thing that is true in all scenarios is this coaching staff has to develop guys to get better… for trading, entering the rotation, or eventually stepping into a started role, particularly these:

OO

Bey

Mo

AJ

Kobe

Facts. I don't know how much Bey can be developed but Kobe, OO, AJ, and Mo are critical to our player development 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Facts. I don't know how much Bey can be developed but Kobe, OO, AJ, and Mo are critical to our player development 

Yeah, Bey just needs to get better defensive awareness if possible… doubt he’ll ever be a plus defender though… Good news is AJ and Kobe are 20, JJ and Mo are 21, and OO is still only 22.  A lot of youth on this team

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll say it again.  When you are undersized, you can't be soft too.  You have to be able to be willing to take some bumps and bruises and put bodies on people.

The offensive rebounds we give up are just ridiculous sometimes.  And the lack of contact we put on people indicates that we're a soft team as well.

Miami is undersized, but they're going to make you feel them every game.  Miami is actually undersized and not that damn talented at some positions.  But their toughness makes up for some of their height disadvantages.

As much flack as Trae gets for being small, he's easily the toughest guy on the team.  If we had a few players on defense who exhibited Trae's toughness on offense, we'd be straight.

If I were to list the top 5 toughest players all around, it'll be . .

• Trae
  • Wesley Matthews
  • Bruno
  • Capela
  • Bey

Gotta be willing to take those hits, or dish them out.

Miami is right with us in the the last two seasons. The difference is playoff Jimmy is way better than anyone on our team and Bam is better than anyone on our team. We don't a top 2 better than their top 2. 

You keep running from the fact that our biggest issue is our two best players compared to others two best players. Especially our best player. Murray is as good or better than most 2nd best players in this league. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Dnice said:

I hope your family is well in the heat.

Thank you! 

Yeah, we're kinda used to the heat during spring and summer where I iive, but it's been a little bit hotter for the last 10 days or so. Hopefully the heat wave will be over soon. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bro out here trying to be poster of the year. What has gotten into you? You might be the best poster this year. You ain't even stanning or hating. Just spitting. Wtf bro, you SGA of HS?

Not hating at all. I like all our players and Quin, but we just don't stack up against the top teams. Boston and Philly took huge step ups this year we are clearly not in their league, and if we can't consistently get stops it's going to be trading punches with the rest of the middle of the pack teams that are all pretty stacked and vastly improved from the last several years. Scoring is at an all time high, a lot of teams can score like crazy, it's not gonna set us apart. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Thank you! 

Yeah, we're kinda used to the heat during spring and summer where I iive, but it's been a little bit hotter for the last 10 days or so. Hopefully the heat wave will be over soon. 

You in a sac too or is it just cagey? You sound like a sac resident. Cul de not Sacramento.

20 hours ago, kg01 said:

Pardon my confusion.  I was told TrAe dOn't dEfenD nObODy.   I get that the guy ultimately scored but what more could anyone want from initial defense there?

I wanna see that clip along with the last possession vs IND where Trae put the clamps on the 1st ballot HOFer. 

Ya thanks. 

20 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

That, my friend, is peak efficiency. 

Ya maybe we should give him the gumball? 🤣 (s)camp 🏕️ 

Where the +/- dont tell Shat!

19 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Minny has arguably two of the best defenders at their position in their starting lineup.  

Who’s the other one? 🤔 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Arguably, naw, it's a fact that McDaniels and Gobert are the best defensive players at their position. They are the two best defensive players in the NBA. 

McDaniels, best defender in the nba at his position is FALSE! Aka BS fertilizer. Do with that what you may. Reaching big time.