Official Game Thread: Nets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So you aren't concerned about this Swiss cheese defense?

Not trade talk concerned.   You guys are something else.   We just inked DJ to a good deal and you want to trade him for a player for parts unknown.  No.. I'm patient.. I'm willing to see what happens as we start to get more time together. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Time for a Dre bounce back game, give the fans at home something to cheer for.

Last 3 home games have been underwhelming. 

image.png

Let's Go Dre!!!

Well...if I knew all I needed to do was to put in the universe.. .. I would have done this 3 games ago. 🤓. Good game Dre!!!

Now...can I get a repeat performance, pretty please? 😍 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Not trade talk concerned.   You guys are something else.   We just inked DJ to a good deal and you want to trade him for a player for parts unknown.  No.. I'm patient.. I'm willing to see what happens as we start to get more time together. 

I never mentioned a trade but just play different line ups occasionally to get some stops and defensive rebounds.  There has to be a solution to this terrible defense.  You can win game consistently like this.

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I missed about 10 pages of bitching... and expect to see some congratulations on winning a tough game on the 2nd night of a back to back after a track meet in the first game of a back to back... and what do I find.. More bitching. 

Pulling out a sqeaker against NJ at home and in over time after the latest efforts is nothing to get excited about.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His pressers tell me otherwise. Personnel is just cheeks

Just curious what are you getting from his pressers?….is it that his defense requires a historic defensive figure like Gobert just to work?

is he trying to utilize Capela and OO like Gobert and realizing he’s at just not working ??

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's just way too much negativity 14 games into an 82 game season. Hawksquawk is like a Falcons board after a loss even when the team wins.🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's even worse than this. We are out of position constantly. That prevents box outs, communication, etc. We do so much wrong on defense

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Just curious what are you getting from his pressers?….is it that his defense requires a historic defensive figure like Gobert just to work?

is he trying to utilize Capela and OO like Gobert and realizing he’s at just not working ??

He wants everyone to play together like a fist on defense but their simply not executing as a group defensively 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yup I noticed this too. 

it’s very obvious to see. 

im seeing a few mention trades but I’m thinking…if we getting initial stops and just hit grabbing defensive boards that shouldn’t be hard to fix …right ???

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What could change this?  Better bigs? a 7 footer on the team? Better technique?

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's even worse than this. We are out of position constantly. That prevents box outs, communication, etc. We do so much wrong on defense

Ok this is true. We are out of position often especially our bigs.

I don’t recall Capela having a problem with being in position to secure defensive boards under Mcmillian so it’s got to be Quinns scheme that they are confused about or still learning.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What could change this?  Better bigs? a 7 footer on the team? Better technique?

Big vs Big battling for rebounds is acceptable. Sometimes we are overmatched.

What I can't tolerate are guards and wings jumping in an grabbing boards. That's on our guards and wings to put a body on someone. BOX OUT...too many times the positioning is awful.

• Like 3