• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, terrell said:

They traded Hali instead even after seeing how good he was..

IIRC - Sac preferred to trade Fox, but Indy didn't want Fox (and his new contract) as he and the team were struggling to win games prior to getting Sabonis.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrell said:

Really?

This dude is one of the best closers in the NBA..

He guards the best players too.

I dont think any GM would take Trae over Fox personally..

Trae has been playing his best ball overall this year according to some,, and Fox still leads him in every stat but assists and FT %

Compare Fox resume his first five years to Trae.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC - Sac preferred to trade Fox, but Indy didn't want Fox (and his new contract) as he and the team were struggling to win games prior to getting Sabonis.

Makes sense for Indy.. Young player with alot of upside will get you more in return than a guy on a huge deal...

And Just so yall know Im not knocking Trae, as he's been playing well but Fox is really good too..Id like to ask Huerter which player he'd rather play with... lol

Btw, its a shame, Trae is playing some of his best ball overall, but unable to pick up more wins due to flawed roster construction.. smh

20 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Halliburton is trending right now.  Trae was a hot name when we went to the ECF.  A poll today would definitely favor Halliburton.  He’s looking good.  

I was talking about Fox.. lol

But yeah..

Edited by terrell

2 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yeah, sure, but should we stay the course if/when we fail to even make the play-in? 

We’re entering a situation that might call for a small rebuild imo. 

Seems doubtful at this point, that we have ownership committed to that..

So Let’s draft another frail SG. 

That'll help us alot.. smdh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, terrell said:

Makes sense for Indy.. Young player with alot of upside will get you more in return than a guy on a huge deal...

And Just so yall know Im not knocking Trae, as he's been playing well but Fox is really good too..Id like to ask Huerter which player he'd rather play with... lol

Btw, its a shame, Trae is playing some of his best ball overall, but unable to pick up more wins due to flawed roster construction.. smh

I'd comfortably pick Trae over Fox. They have a better team around him overall than the Hawks do, he's been a better scorer this year but nowhere near the playmaker. He's definitely bridged the gap this year quite a bit though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'd comfortably pick Trae over Fox. They have a better team around him overall than the Hawks do, he's been a better scorer this year but nowhere near the playmaker. He's definitely bridged the gap this year quite a bit though. 

Yeah it isnt close with playmaking

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae will never be a 'defensive stopper' but he's buying into whatever Quin is selling on defense while still carrying the offensive load.  Who is going to step up and help?

"Whos going to step up and help?"

• Sad 3

Hawks are looking bad right now.  We've been discussing recent players added to our roster.  Let me ask you about these players and see what you think of them.

SETH LUNDY

MOHAMED GUEYE

KOBE BUFKIN

Ever heard of any of these guys?  Rumor has it that they may be real NBA players.  

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks are looking bad right now.  We've been discussing recent players added to our roster.  Let me ask you about these players and see what you think of them.

SETH LUNDY

MOHAMED GUEYE

KOBE BUFKIN

Ever heard of any of these guys?  Rumor has it that they may be real NBA players.  

Seth playing well in CP

Mo and Kobe - both injured until 2024.  Unavailable to help what ails us now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, terrell said:

No one told Tony to go get Murray and I love Murray. Probably one of my favorite Hawks ever

37 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

SETH LUNDY

MOHAMED GUEYE

KOBE BUFKIN

“…he has made 39.8 percent of his threes while attempting 8.9 threes per game. Lundy has done all of that while being an impact defender on the team with the fourth-best defensive rating in the G League.”

From nba.com article on Lundy 
  • Like 1