• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

If we had a scorer in the frontcourt everyone would be looking at Trae differently.   We're still ignoring, or just numb to, the fact that he is playing really well.  He's still the only true scorer on the team.  DJ has proven to be really inconsistent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Whether a total rebuild dealing both Trae and Murray for 3-4 firsts plus bad salary.......

1. These 1sts you get will they be guaranteed top 10 picks? top 5 picks?

2. Do you have faith that Landry and Kyle will hit on the 'next' in the next 3 or so drafts?   or are we in for more Marvin, Chills, Smooth, Shellhead picks? Remember what that looked like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Trae, Hunter, OO, Capela all deserve some blame for screw ups at different times but where's that energy for DJ who scored 1 basket in the second half and put up a fourth quarter goose egg.  I mean if we're going to scape goat someone let's start with the guy who supposed to be our #2. 

image.png

image.png

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. These 1sts you get will they be guaranteed top 10 picks? top 5 picks?

2. Do you have faith that Landry and Kyle will hit on the 'next' in the next 3 or so drafts?   or are we in for more Marvin, Chills, Smooth, Shellhead picks? Remember what that looked like.

1. I don't know. Even top picks in bad years could be total busts. The way I see it, we are doomed to be mid for the foreseeable future if we just continue to do what has been done for the last few years. One could argue that its still a young team with Trae and Murray, but I can't see this team getting much better unless one of them (or both) is sent elsewhere. Once in a blue moon they play well together, and even so chances are we lose because of our D. I don't know. This team is build wrong IMHO. We should try and recoup some of the draft assets we sent away.

2. No. After the Luka-Trae trade I have absolutely NO faith in anyone drafting for the Hawks but even a broken clock is right twice a day, so maybe they can get it right in the next few years. Who knows?

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Cagey 1️⃣,

My friend was mad at me today and as I shot the ball 🏀 he yelled Stojaktheb!tch!!!!! 

I fell over.

Backhanded compliment I’ll take it! 

ps I think I know why he’s mad I owe him a burrito 🌯 

I"d be mad too

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

OO is another Schlenk bust. That dude is the worst GM ever.

This team sucks. They deserve nothing but contempt. Awful team.

But all Ive been hearing around here is Okongwu was a STEAL at 16 million a year, and that we need to get rid of Clint so OO can be our starting center. 

What a joke.. Dude is terrible.  smh

At least CC has an Elite skill..

OO does NOTHING elite

And he seems like he has Dre's motor all of a sudden.. Geez

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

OO has been super disappointing really thought we would see the type of jump we got from JJ. He's been especially a complete non factor the last few weeks. 

Hawks extending avg to below avg players early is fkn insane..

Edited by terrell

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Luka trade is really the only truly awful one. Haliburton didn't want to come here. I don't know how many times I gotta say that. Luka did want to come here and we would be a contender with the same exact squad right now with Luka. We bet on the wrong horse. You watch teams like MIN and they got two players in Gobert and Ant better than our best player. You realize, we are basically like Brooklyn except more teams would rather have Mikal than Trae. We f***ed up that draft where it had a ton of franchise players. 

I doubt Hali would put that out there if we had Luka instead of Trae...

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Why is Orlando doing well.  Is there a player on their team outside of Paolo that's a 'superstar'?  And Paolo ain't even that.  And he's not a good defender yet either.

Why are the Knicks doing so well since they got Bruson?  Is he better than Trae?  or is it that they have a good scoring big in Randle even though he's an imperfect player that most around here wouldn't want?

Do the Pacers have multiple stars?  They have Hali who is great but isn't exactly a Luka or Ant type scorer and they have a bunch of role players.  Buddy Hield and Obi Toppin are playing big roles. Two more guys not good enough for the Hawks. 

Why'd Dallas go from Lottery to top 4?  They added famous malcontent/overrated Kyrie and what do you know suddenly Luka has a lot less pressure on him.

Even overweight and overrated Zion is having more success than us.  Why?  well BI is a pretty good scorer and they are getting lots of buckets from CJ 'too small can't guard a box way overpaid' McCollum.  

Teams passed us.  They passed us by taking the talent they had and adding role players, imperfect scorers, and in some cases "gasp", guys who were overpaid.   We shipped out those guys and prayed for rookies to develop.  

It's a risk taking league.  We aren't taking any.  

Meanwhile Messy Ressy...

i-wouldnt-lie-to-you-pinocchio.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, warcore said:

@BrazilianHawk you gotta take the mindset of the outsiders and relax. 

giphy.gif 

Honestly, I'm not one to advocate for a rebuild unless I can't see anything happening that can make the team better. You will find posts from me complaining about Schlenk not extending a contract for 30 y.o. Millsap when the team was decaying after the ECF loss against Bron's Cavs. That team wasn't very good after Horf quit on us, but at least they played with a lot of grit. I don't see it now. The team is really soft and to me there are a bunch of players that don't look very interested in getting any better. And we're getting older. CC and Bogi will be "gone" sooner rather than later. 

I'm very frustrated with the team and the direction it's going right now. We can barely beat the Pistons and the Generals, er... Wizards, I mean. Where do we go from here?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

This team is build wrong IMHO. We should try and recoup some of the draft assets we sent away.

Ok, if as you say the team is built wrong, you don't throw out the baby with the bath water for picks that you have no idea where they will fall.  

And as long as we keep penny pinching, we will ALWAYS be behind the 8-ball.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1