• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

OO is another Schlenk bust. That dude is the worst GM ever.

This team sucks. They deserve nothing but contempt. Awful team.

We had all of that 1st rd draft capital from the tank and came out of it with Trae Kevin Spellman Dre Cam and OO..

He gave us JJ though thank God

Then followed that up with AJ Griffin 

And LF finished it off with Bumkin.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

Hawks two-way guard/forward Seth Lundy compiled a career-high tying 26 points on a career-best 7-12 from beyond the arc tonight against Long Island. He previously tallied 26 points on Nov. 22 at DEL.

Send AJ down 

Bring Lundy up

• Like 3

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Luka with 40/11/10 in a 50 point blowout over Johnny Collins and them.

Marvin over CP3.

Trae over Luka.

Spelman over Brunson.

OO over Haliburton.

Bustkin over Jaquez Jr.

When does the nightmare end?

What makes me the most mad about this is we literally drafted Luka dude was in a Hawks hat and everything and everyone pretty much knew he was at worst the 2nd best player in the draft but most had him #1 that were reputable.   But because Schlenk had to have trae and try to rebuild golden state 2.0.  That in turn had a ripple in Haliburton saying he didn't want the Hawks to draft him because we already had Trae as a PG. 

Those 2 moves we could 100% control and actually had made the correct position to begin with on Luka.   Completely changed this team for the worse and it would have saved us alot of picks too on the Murray trade that we could have used on a 3rd star.  Instead of trying to trade for a 2nd one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

OO is another Schlenk bust. That dude is the worst GM ever.

This team sucks. They deserve nothing but contempt. Awful team.

I just don't understand it with OO the dude was looking so good and his trajectory was pointing up.  Then he just never got better at anything and imo declined on his talent from what he was already showing.  For the life of me i can't figure it out at all but it's 100% noticeable he is worse this year than years past.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Threezus said:

What makes me the most mad about this is we literally drafted Luka dude was in a Hawks hat and everything and everyone pretty much knew he was at worst the 2nd best player in the draft but most had him #1 that were reputable.   But because Schlenk had to have trae and try to rebuild golden state 2.0.  That in turn had a ripple in Haliburton saying he didn't want the Hawks to draft him because we already had Trae as a PG. 

Those 2 moves we could 100% control and actually had made the correct position to begin with on Luka.   Completely changed this team for the worse and it would have saved us alot of picks too on the Murray trade that we could have used on a 3rd star.  Instead of trying to trade for a 2nd one.

This franchise has had its head up its arse for most of its existence.  Clippers East.  Gotta love ‘em tho.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

This franchise has had its head up its arse for most of its existence.  Clippers East.  Gotta love ‘em tho.

Facts but sadly it's not just this franchise it's most Atlanta franchises since i've lived here so we are trained to be use to it by now no matter how upsetting and frustrating it is everytime it happens over and over again.  All you can do is try to find the silver lining and tell yourself the good things about it happening and hope for the best against what you know to usually be true.

6 hours ago, Threezus said:

I just don't understand it with OO the dude was looking so good and his trajectory was pointing up.  Then he just never got better at anything and imo declined on his talent from what he was already showing.  For the life of me i can't figure it out at all but it's 100% noticeable he is worse this year than years past.

This scheme is just a lot harder for him than Nate's scheme. Makes you appreciate Clint because he's asked to do a lot more in this scheme defensively but offensively, he is far more exposed for his lack of versatility. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 hours ago, Threezus said:

The Luka trade is really the only truly awful one. Haliburton didn't want to come here. I don't know how many times I gotta say that. Luka did want to come here and we would be a contender with the same exact squad right now with Luka. We bet on the wrong horse. You watch teams like MIN and they got two players in Gobert and Ant better than our best player. You realize, we are basically like Brooklyn except more teams would rather have Mikal than Trae. We f***ed up that draft where it had a ton of franchise players. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

You hear the coach, he sounds like me. []

[] 

I see [] Dre hitting a few good shots last night.  I also see him dying on pics and getting blown by.  His thing is defense.   Since JJ has been gone, he has had to play more of a 3.5 role.   May not be to his benefit.  For that reason, I say play him off the bench.  Right now, Sidiq is doing better things on offense than Dre.   Sidiq's defense is god awful so save your commentary.   But if I have the choice between Sidiq's offense and god awful defense and Dre's offense and poor defense.. give me Sidiq and let's see if the change of scenery helps motivate Dre to do those things he's not doing. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's always burn the posters if some people are saying something different than you.   Hold your horses on that. 

I see your boy Dre hitting a few good shots last night.  I also see him dying on pics and getting blown by.  His thing is defense.   Since JJ has been gone, he has had to play more of a 3.5 role.   May not be to his benefit.  For that reason, I say play him off the bench.  Right now, Sidiq is doing better things on offense than Dre.   Sidiq's defense is god awful so save your commentary.   But if I have the choice between Sidiq's offense and god awful defense and Dre's offense and poor defense.. give me Sidiq and let's see if the change of scenery helps motivate Dre to do those things he's not doing. 

The coach sounds like me (). 

If you really paid attention, he played a solid game. Most of our starters did. Putting this L on him is just having a bone to pick (). 

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I also see him dying on picks

Drives me crazy. Screen navigation is awful. Use your 'big wing' size. Don't bend at the waste and stick your butt out, tuck in so you can manuevre. Losing leverage by bending over at the waist trying to get around the screen. Murray does this too.

Don't do this Hunter - stand up, maintain better technique.