• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm more disappointed by his defense there were stretches the last few years where he was dominant on that end. Haven't seen it all year. 

I hate saying this but you can tell when Clint leaves the floor. Especially defensively.. but even offensively.

OO has disappointed thus far. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Luka with 40/11/10 in a 50 point blowout over Johnny Collins and them.

Marvin over CP3.

Trae over Luka.

Spelman over Brunson.

OO over Haliburton.

Bustkin over Jaquez Jr.

When does the nightmare end?

It doesn't 

• Premium Member
Just now, benhillboy said:

That doesn’t include Prunty’s record, which was only 2 games (2-0). 

Nah...

I think that all last season was Prunty's record (in reality).   Quin had non of his people in place.  Quin had non of his offense in place.   Quin basically came in and saw what we were using and motivated.   I took last season as him developing trust with Trae and DJ ...  But nowhere did I see that advent of Snyder plays.   For the most part, we just ran what Prunty had been running. 

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's a ridiculous statement. Every fan base thinks the refs don't give them any calls. 

It used to be the foul bating and complaining,

Now I think its that silly Ice thing he does with his arms that the refs hate.. lol

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Utah had 3 starters + Clarkson out tonight.

Hawks still wouldnt beat them by 50.. 

You know how we do vs a bunch of unheard of players.. 

They have their career game vs the Hawks.. lol

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's not even directed toward the refs.

Steph Curry's antics are much worse than Trae's/

Trae aint on Steph level man..

Trae was doing this as a rookie.. lol

I was kidding btw.. 

But its clear they dont like the guy.. Been saying it

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I feel like Trae would be better off if he learns how to "work" the refs from a more seasoned vet. I was hoping he was going to reset his relationship with the refs this season but that clearly hasn't happened. He has to have a better rapport with the refs because this IS going to be a problem for the team moving forward.

It's a huge problem, actually.  I go to most of the games and during stoppages he will constantly whine/talk to them in a really aggressive way with no good faith of understanding their perspective on calls.  It is a huge problem and maturity hump that I thought he would be over by now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

It's a huge problem, actually.  I go to most of the games and during stoppages he will constantly whine/talk to them in a really aggressive way with no good faith of understanding their perspective on calls.  It is a huge problem and maturity hump that I thought he would be over by now.

He's so extremely disrespectful and dismissive to everything they have to say I am not surprised at all they have some internal bias against him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

He's so extremely disrespectful and dismissive to everything they have to say I am not surprised at all they have some internal bias against him

They especially loathe when he cries for a call before they even have a chance to blow the whistle.  No one in the organization has impressed upon him how important body language and facial expressions are.  He has gotten better from where he was (for example he hasn’t referred to a female ref by yelling “that b&@th trash!”) but still a long ways to go.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

It used to be the foul bating and complaining,

Now I think its that silly Ice thing he does with his arms that the refs hate.. lol

Why is that silly? People act like every play has to be Tim Duncan...I personally prefer how expressive Trae is on the court. 

It's really hard to complain about Trae's play this season now. This was probably Bey's best game of the season. DJ had a near triple double. Capela was average 23-24 Capela (big drop off from our ECF season).

OO with 2-9 in 23 mins...we were getting that kind of production out of Alex Len for way less money. What the hell happened to him?

Garrison Matthews and Wes Matthews are in the rotation...They wouldn't sniff the floor on any serious playoff team.

Hunter the "Defensive stopper" can never get stops and had another game with 0 stocks and less rebounds than everyone who played more than 11 minutes not named Trae.

We have serious roster construction issues  folks. Quin can only do so much with the horses he was given.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Aaron Holiday getting increased minutes with the Rockets and balling out while helping show their young players how to win for a cool $2 mill.  Hawks are hopeless.

Happy for that dude.  I always felt he was underused here. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

They especially loathe when he cries for a call before they even have a chance to blow the whistle.  No one in the organization has impressed upon him how important body language and facial expressions are.  He has gotten better from where he was (for example he hasn’t referred to a female ref by yelling “that b&@th trash!”) but still a long ways to go.

Sorry to tell you this, but Trae's "Body language and facial expressions" are the LEAST of our worries this season. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

No one in the organization has impressed upon him how important body language and facial expressions are.

Yep, it's really painful watching him go to bitch at the refs during timeouts, ignore what they have to say, then walk away and give a literally hand wave to dismiss them 2-3 times a game.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yep, it's really painful watching him go to bitch at the refs during timeouts, ignore what they have to say, then walk away and give a literally hand wave to dismiss them 2-3 times a game.  

Yeah true...If Trae smiled at the refs, maybe Hunter would get a stop or a rebound...NOT

27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I hate saying this but you can tell when Clint leaves the floor. Especially defensively.. but even offensively.

OO has disappointed thus far. 

i-need-a-59ee9b.jpg.de205d2b9db9b3f5bc603822afe7147d.jpg

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This roster sucks

Keep Trae DJM and JJ… trade everyone else

And Bogi if possible.. lol