• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They don't impress me, they won't finish with a much better record than the Hawks barring the Hawks blowing it up.

Yeah I was just sayin we've had NUMEROUS 1st rdrs to help improve the team around Trae, while theyve only had 2 in the last 6 years and we're still no better than they are imo..

Our F.O.'s has been crap

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I was just sayin we've had NUMEROUS 1st rdrs to help improve the team around Trae, while theyve only had 2 in the last 6 years and we're still no better than they are imo..

Our F.O.'s has been crap

Not sure how great their front office has been. They got rid of Carlisle for Kidd which is a huge downgrade, they let Bronson and Porzingis leave. They were able to put together a decent defense one season which is when Dallas made it to the WCF, every other year they really haven't had much more success than the Hawks at all. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Our F.O.'s has been crap

They used their picks on Porzingas who didn't pan out, then sold him off cheaply.

29 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Not sure how great their front office has been. They got rid of Carlisle for Kidd which is a huge downgrade, they let Bronson and Porzingis leave. They were able to put together a decent defense one season which is when Dallas made it to the WCF, every other year they really haven't had much more success than the Hawks at all. 

Never said their F.O was great.. JUst that ours have been horrible IMO.. 

Edited by terrell

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They used their picks on Porzingas who didn't pan out, then sold him off cheaply.

Mavs F.O hasnt been good either..

Schlenks main talking point was "draft capital" though

And our top 10 picks and most 1st rdrs have been horrible for the most part..

We have Trae and JJ

Dre(who we gave up another 1st to move up for) is meh.. OO is horrible..Cam was a bust here..Huerter is gone. JC gone for nothing. Spellman another bust

AJ is GLeague material

Bufkin looks like he has a few years before even thinking about contributing..

We should be loaded with young talent.

I swear I could draft better than Schlenk/LF.. lol

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

OO was that.

I remember that too.  So then what in the actual F is up with him taking these soft a**, loopty-loop, dipsy-doo underhand floaty shots at the rim all the time?  Go skrong, man.  You're shooting 137% from the free throw line, don't worry about getting fouled.  Sheesh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's not a bad idea (*Robert Williams is out for the remainder of the season though).

As usual it's all up to Ressler to use the TPE. Do you think he will use it THIS SEASON?

I don't think he will, it will probably be used at the end of the season in June 2024 but before it expires next July. I would love to be wrong.

The more we lose the more likely he will do something.  I mean if we sit at 4-6 games below .500, I think Tony will lose his mind.  

The other factor is availability.  If the opportunity and timing is right he'll make a move.  Like when we got Capela because they needed a third team.  

I really think improving our team becomes a lot more difficult if we don't use the TPE.  They can use it after the season is over.  I think we are at least 5-10 games away from hearing some substantial rumors.  

On 12/7/2023 at 2:15 PM, kg01 said:

Why people still lamenting that trade.  Fkng get over it.  Unless you have a time machine, get. fkng. over. it.

It's done.  Luka ain't walking through that door.  And, if he did, he'd be complaining and not winning much more than we are right now.

Like yall can't stand being Hawks fans.  You tired of other teams' fans talking about it?  Grow a pair or just find a new team.  It's ok.

But stop toxifying this place with useless lamentations. 

And when I say "grow a pair", I mean nads or ovaries.  Either way. You pick.  I'm progressive. 

And if you find a new team, godspeed to you.  You won't be missed.

Its hard to forget how big of an embarrassment that Trae and the Hawks are because they are constantly reminding people of it. People would-be overlooking that trade at this point if the team wasn't floundering. You don't forget those kind of blunders.... Especially when the situation looks as bleak as it does for this team.

Trae was brought here to pander to the racial demographics of the the city of Atlanta. And the franchise is paying for it.

Edited by Plainview1981

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Its hard to forget how big of an embarrassment that Trae and the Hawks are because they are constantly reminding people of it. People would-be overlooking that trade at this point if the team wasn't floundering. You don't forget those kind of blunders.... Especially when the situation looks as bleak as it does for this team.

Trae was brought here to pander to the racial demographics of the the city of Atlanta. And the franchise is paying for it.

The problem you have is Luka doesn't mean Wins either. 

You're downing Trae... calling him an embarrassment..   BUT What has Luka done?  He's put up stats right?  Trae has put up impressive stats too.   What has Luka done??  Since all of you want to live on that trade... TELL ME WHAT HAS LUKA DONE??

Hot's you're the main one... for this... so let me call you all the way the f*** out..  For years, I have watched you trash Hawks players even Nique for not winning a title...  WHERE THE HELL IS LUKA'S TITLE?  HOLD HIS ASS TO THE SAME STANDARD THAT YOU HOLD EVERY OTHER HAWKS STAR...

WHAT HAS LUKA DONE??

How about this...   LUKA HAS DONE LESS THAN TRAE...

Since you want to put Stats Aside.. Let's do so.

Trae has taken his team farther in the playoffs than Luka.

Trae has kept his team in the Playoffs more than Luka. 

WHAT HAS LUKA DONE??

@BrazilianHawk

@terrell

@Bonkers

@bleachkit

And anybody else lamenting over THE TRADE... Meet me here and explain WHAT HAS LUKA DONE?

Luka Doncic is 12-16 in the playoffs in his career.

Trae Young has a record of 12-15 in the playoffs in his career.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Why you brining up old shit @Diesel?? Geez..

Trae has been playing well lately, no need to drift away from the real problem with the Hawks(roster construction)

With that said

I can't believe youre still trying to make this comparison.. And the worst part is when you say they've had the same level of "Playoff success." smh

Luka avg 33/9/8 on 47%fg. 36% 3pt in the Playoffs

Trae avg 26/9/3 on 40%fg 29% 3pt in the Playoffs

No comparison

And Luka team lost to the Clippers twice but he DOMINATED and Trae(who shot like shit both series) beat the Knicks(with no Mitchell Robinson) and a 76ers team that choked(plus Embiid played with a torn meniscus), then got absolutely EMBARASSED by the Heat.. Like completely SHUT DOWN...

Hell, SGA, Mikal, and maybe even Brunson are better options from that draft than Trae if we're being honest.

Stop the Trae Luka BS man.. That ship has sailed. 

Both bad defenders, bad leaders, etc... but you take Luka 10 out of 10 times based on SIZE alone..................

Ill NEVER mention Luka on here again if you dont.. Deal?

We need to focus on the future not the past.. Agreed?

Hawks gotta get this shit right and Trae isnt going anywhere. We all know that.. So...................

Edited by terrell