• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

My goodness. Hali just posted a 27 point, 15 assist, 0 turns in the IST semis.

🤯

He’s phenomenal obviously.  If he’s playing team defense and rebounding like he has of late there’s nothing stopping him.  His near 5:1 assist to turnover ratio alongside his scoring volume is arguably something we’ve never seen.

But adding Bruce Brown has changed their culture.  He’s shown them how and when to force crucial stops even with Buddy Hield on the floor.  I wasn’t sure how Obi Toppin would fit because frankly he just isn’t that good.  Alongside Haliburton he’s a damn good starter.

Not sure if they can sustain, they’re so young but fun as hell to watch.  Their young role players (Nesmith, Nembhard, Mathurin) all have warts but they all have motors.  Myles Turner being able to space the floor allows Haliburton a luxury that I wish Trae had.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I get it.  You pay less and get more back from others.  The team owning philosophy is what really frustrates me.  You have billions of dollars and run the team to make as much money as you can instead of trying to use every mechanism to win (which very well may earn more money in the long run).  Even if you lost money how much is it really going to affect your bottom line when you have billions?

I don't want look at another man's money, just don't try to sell me that you are doing everything you can to put the best on court talent on the floor, just paying lip service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't want look at another man's money, just don't try to sell me that you are doing everything you can to put the best on court talent on the floor, just paying lip service.

I agree with this.  If he is in it to make money, be honest. But that is not what is being presented to the fans.  We are being strung along so he can make money off of us buying perch and tickets with the idea that they are doing everything possible to win.  The truth is something else entirely.

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

For all of the cries of Hunter barely getting  better, the said best player has improved less than 12. 

As I said, everyone is looking for a scapegoat but this team's mistake happened way before we hired Quin or Nate. 

The difference is that the said best player rapidly improved in years 1 - 3, to an All-Star / All-NBA level player.

12 is still the 12 he was in college, with less defensive impact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, terrell said:

Luka team has had like 2 1st rd picks Total since hes been in Dallas.. And one was a late 1st..

And the Mavs are still better than the Hawks who had no telling how many..

Tells you how bad our F.O. is/was

Dallas has a Hall of Famer playing with their young star, with the young star being coached by a NBA Champion coach ( Carlisle ), and a decent coach in Jason Kidd

Trae has a 1x All-Star playing with him, who has been coached by LP, Nate, and now Quin Sny-er.  That's Quin's last name, because the "d" ain't there.

• Like 1

Haliburton rightfully getting his props for the incredible season he's putting together, but can't help but notice that none of those singing his praises ever ding him for his trash defense like they always did (and still do, with Trae.

just sayin.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dallas has a Hall of Famer playing with their young star, with the young star being coached by a NBA Champion coach ( Carlisle ), and a decent coach in Jason Kidd

Trae has a 1x All-Star playing with him, who has been coached by LP, Nate, and now Quin Sny-er.  That's Quin's last name, because the "d" ain't there.

lol nobody wanted KYrie..

And KIdd aint that great

Most Mavs fans wanted him gone last year..

But I feel you on Trae..

Our team building around him has been horrible..

Edited by terrell

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Some of us wanted to trade for Sabonis right after the ECF run and got shamed for proposing it:
image.thumb.png.b79fd0559b1b9cc729cee2571acd0a67.png

Here were the responses:
image.png.6420e7692f8114f1d165d5b79a0b869f.png

image.png.6c45f56ace0516b64d3560d7ed80f36f.png

Everyone thought our team was perfect summer of 2021.  Guess how many likes my post got suggesting we bring in guys like Lillard, Sabonis, and Towns vs the post suggesting JC is better than Sabonis?  I got 1 like and JC>Sabonis got 6.  

There was one post in the thread saying we already have a Big 3: Trae, Cam, and Dre.  It probably got a bunch of likes, too.

Not trading JC for Sabonis straight up? Jesus. That would be criminal

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cam and Prince starting on the wing for the Lakers.. 

I still wish Cam wouldve worked out here

We could use him defending on the perimeter.. smh

The idea of drafting two lengthy defensive wings beside Trae was the intent amd good in theory.  The plan/players just didn't materialize as expected - drafts can be hit or miss.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The idea of drafting two lengthy defensive wings beside Trae was the intent amd good in theory.  The plan/players just didn't materialize as expected - drafts can be hit or miss.

Mostly miss for us over the years.... smh

download.jpg.7617f01a9870627ae1063cd93c2a581f.jpg

download.jpg.0c6551f2017a6dfb64080026ba80e7ba.jpg

Etc.............................................

The list goes on and on.........................................................

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If we had a scorer in the frontcourt everyone would be looking at Trae differently.   We're still ignoring, or just numb to, the fact that he is playing really well.  He's still the only true scorer on the team.  DJ has proven to be really inconsistent.  

This is the problem.   People are so ramped up on the Luka trade that they have failed to see that Trae puts up historic numbers.   Unheard of numbers.   And he is continuing to get better...   Our FO has just failed to put a good team around him.   

• Reddish  - Fail
  • Kevin  - Fail
  • Dre - Fail
  • OO - Fail right now. 
  • AJ - Fail right now. 

We have all this and a 27/10+ PG and we're blaming the PG??  Page after Page of blaming Trae and wanting to trade possibly the best player that this franchise has ever had... because we didn't take Luka...  

Just imagine.. we had Luka and we had the same failing to put a team around him.. He'd be out.    You hindsight warriors can continue. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, terrell said:

So you think the Kings would trade Fox for Trae if they could? They traded Hali instead even after seeing how good he was..

Instead of trading Fox...  Why not see what happens if you gave Trae Sabonis, Keegen Murray, Malik Monk, Harrison Barnes and Kevin Huerter...?  Then gave Fox Dre Hunter, Sidiq, DJ,  AJ, and Clint. 

If they traded spaces that way... and Left Trae in Atlanta.   What do you think would happen?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Pushing all the chips in right now could literally crater this franchise for a decade+.  I dont think people have an appreciation for that… you trade away all your draft assets and young players to go deep into the tax for this mid team to be mid+ for a couple years, and you are in a very bad spot soon after.  We would be a less talented Clippers team, that has absolutely no hope for the future.

Many have said it but there is no easy path to contending right now.  Have to be patient, give the team tome to adjust to Quin, and trust your development staff.  No trade is going to get us there right now, and we dont have assets people value.  

I don't disagree with you.. but I think that there's something that is not being stated that needs to be said.

We have failed to capitalize on trades.  We have traded like a lottery team.

1. Cam Trade - We got nothing. 
  2. Kev Trade - We got nothing. 
  3. JC Trade - We got nothing. 

When you mix that... with drafting guys who are slow to develop like Dre, OO, AJ, and Bufkin...  Yeah... we have stumbled hard.

But there's hope...

• JJ is here. 
  • DJ is a good player and he is here. 
  • Sidiq is a good offensive player. 
  • Clint still is holding down our defense and is a good defensive piece in this league. 
  • Lundy and Gueye have great potential for the future. 

The sky is not completely fallen as some of you suppose.  I want to see Orl, Dallas, and Sacramento at the end of the season because 20 games in, some of yall are tripping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This is the problem.   People are so ramped up on the Luka trade that they have failed to see that Trae puts up historic numbers.   Unheard of numbers.   And he is continuing to get better...   Our FO has just failed to put a good team around him.   

• Reddish  - Fail
  • Kevin  - Fail
  • Dre - Fail
  • OO - Fail right now. 
  • AJ - Fail right now. 

We have all this and a 27/10+ PG and we're blaming the PG??  Page after Page of blaming Trae and wanting to trade possibly the best player that this franchise has ever had... because we didn't take Luka...  

Just imagine.. we had Luka and we had the same failing to put a team around him.. He'd be out.    You hindsight warriors can continue. 

Whos blaming Trae? Where? Everyone knows our roster construction Stinks..

Edited by terrell