• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Luka trade is really the only truly awful one. Haliburton didn't want to come here. I don't know how many times I gotta say that. Luka did want to come here and we would be a contender with the same exact squad right now with Luka. We bet on the wrong horse. You watch teams like MIN and they got two players in Gobert and Ant better than our best player. You realize, we are basically like Brooklyn except more teams would rather have Mikal than Trae. We f***ed up that draft where it had a ton of franchise players. 

Who the hell cares what Hali wanted??

It wasnt his choice.. smh

Thats a stupid reason for not drafting a player imo..

Sac was smart and drafted him even with Fox there.

We couldve used him or Trae in a trade.. 

(I guess he saw Draymond in OO like he saw Steph in Trae??)

Schlenk pretty much ruined this franchise with his stupid drafts and contracts.

And I have NO CONFIDENCE whatsoever in the new F.O. either

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Who the hell cares what Hali wanted??

It wasnt his choice.. smh

Agreed.  And I guarantee he "didn't want" to go to SAC either considering they had a starter at pg.  But we don't hear about that because he ended up there and didn't want to let folks know how selfish he actually is. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sacramento had not been to the playoffs in how many years prior to last year?

Well, they've been a 30 win team while we were barely making the playoffs as a 40 win team, but we both are trying to build with a franchise player who is a PG.  Trae is better which is probably the win difference. 

We got to keep trying to find the right players to pair with Trae.  Thought Murray would be more impactful, but his point of attack defense was much less than we hoped. 

I'm not completely giving up on this season.  We are hanging in these games against good teams.  Let's see if we get a little better as season goes on. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, warcore said:

that's spot-on, F-Q. His beta male defense is the worst part about being a Hawks fan. I can't stand watching it. 

Maybe we should draft or sign guys known for physicality??

Stop drafting soft/finesse players.....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We got to keep trying to find the right players to pair with Trae. 

:good:....as well as guys that fit what Quin wants.  There is a reason Hunter and Capela were on the trade block all summer.

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. Hali was never gonna fit in Sacramento. The team was built around Fox whereas Indy built around Hali 

But yet they took him anyway unlike Schlenk dumbass

20 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Well, they've been a 30 win team while we were barely making the playoffs as a 40 win team, but we both are trying to build with a franchise player who is a PG.  Trae is better which is probably the win difference. 

We got to keep trying to find the right players to pair with Trae.  Thought Murray would be more impactful, but his point of attack defense was much less than we hoped. 

I'm not completely giving up on this season.  We are hanging in these games against good teams.  Let's see if we get a little better as season goes on. 

Trae is better than who?

47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd make the case that since we acquired Cap, Bogi, Gallo and don't forget LouWill that we have basically acquired nobody since other than DJ and now Bey.  Think about it for a sec.  In 3 years we've only acquired 2 real rotation players.  And lost 4 pretty important ones. 

That says nothing of risk.  Also, Lou Will in his twilight years is a vet min type of acquisition.  

In each of the past 3 years we've also had first round draft picks.  How many teams play their first round draft picks?  Most.  So why don't any of our picks count as an acquisition?  

The core that we signed 3 years ago had just taken us to the ECF.  Most teams who make it that far hope to just retain their talent.  That's what we did.  It didn't leave us much room to take more of a risk than Murray last year.  So we've added Murray, Bey, and 3 first round picks.  

I still don't see what the basis is for saying we're not willing to take risks?  If we signed a player to an MLE deal, which is about all we could have done, is that even what you consider to be a risk?

Edited by Final_quest
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Fox.  We'll see about Halliburton.  

Really?

This dude is one of the best closers in the NBA..

He guards the best players too.

I dont think any GM would take Trae over Fox personally..

Trae has been playing his best ball overall this year according to some,, and Fox still leads him in every stat but assists and FT %

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Really?

This dude is one of the best closers in the NBA..

He guards the best players too.

I dont think any GM would take Trae over Fox personally..

Trae has been playing his best ball overall this year according to some,, and Fox still leads him in every stat but assists and FT %

Overrated system player.  Wake me when they win a playoff seri..game. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Overrated system player.  Wake me when they win a playoff seri..game. 

So you think the Kings would trade Fox for Trae if they could? They traded Hali instead even after seeing how good he was..

Edited by terrell