• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I feel like Trae would be better off if he learns how to "work" the refs from a more seasoned vet. I was hoping he was going to reset his relationship with the refs this season but that clearly hasn't happened. He has to have a better rapport with the refs because this IS going to be a problem for the team moving forward.

"this is going to be a problem for the team going forward"

I Said this a long time ago too..

It’s crazy how much these teams mirror each other statistically when they meet, three point efficiency was the difference tonight.

All the starters were in the plus, ”Meth Bogi” -10 in 7 minutes.  Trent Forrest  tries to defends hard, protects the ball, and forces his way to the line but I’ve given up on Quin giving him spot minutes.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, terrell said:

LOTS of empty seats at State Farm Arena tonight..

Well deserved for Tony Ressler

Fix this team man

Get us a damn legit BIG at the very least..

OO looks like $ down the drain.. Just your avg to below avg backup...

Team isnt even fun to watch anymore really

I just tune in because its the Hawks..

OO has been super disappointing really thought we would see the type of jump we got from JJ. He's been especially a complete non factor the last few weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I feel like Trae would be better off if he learns how to "work" the refs from a more seasoned vet. I was hoping he was going to reset his relationship with the refs this season but that clearly hasn't happened. He has to have a better rapport with the refs because this IS going to be a problem for the team moving forward.

I get that, but a big part of the reason he gets an unfair whistle is because he's a superstar that plays for Atlanta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

OO has been super disappointing really thought we would see the type of jump we got from JJ. He's been especially a complete non factor the last few weeks. 

It's time to accept he's basically a back up big. Solid role player, but he doesn't have enough offensive game to take a leap forward.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

And I've gotta say that Quin isn't doing this team any favors by burying A.J.  When I look at how EVERY wing player from Hunter to Murray are getting absolutely cooked on defense, I don't don't wanna hear that as an excuse as to why he's can't get some run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I get that, but a big part of the reason he gets an unfair whistle is because he's a superstar that plays for Atlanta.

That's a ridiculous statement. Every fan base thinks the refs don't give them any calls. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's time to accept he's basically a back up big. Solid role player, but he doesn't have enough offensive game to take a leap forward.

I'm more disappointed by his defense there were stretches the last few years where he was dominant on that end. Haven't seen it all year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

That's a ridiculous statement. Every fan base thinks refs don't give them any calls. 

Been watching the Hawks and the league for decades.  I know what I'm talking about.  Atlanta doesn't get much respect in these situations.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's a ridiculous statement. Every fan base thinks the refs don't give them any calls. 

Bad no call notwithstanding, the notion Trae doesn't get whistles is verifiably ridiculous. Pretty sure he's top five in most free throws taken since he entered the league. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

#12 has to go

Trae isnt going anywhere

Murray isnt go anywhere

JJ isnt going anywhere

Im packaging ANYBODY else to improve the team..

Hawks need to find a legit frontcourt player..

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks now 28-32 under Quin.  He’s a good little coach but will never be great and doesn’t seem to be getting better, more creative, or a swift problem solver.

I'm not throwing in the towel on Quin this soon.   Nor am I going to burden him with Prunty's record.  Even though he doesn't make decisions that I would like to see, I don't doubt his abilities.  He's a good coach. 

Just now, terrell said:

Trae isnt going anywhere

Murray isnt go anywhere

JJ isnt going anywhere

Im packaging ANYBODY else to improve the team..

Hawks need to find a legit frontcourt player..

Luka with 40/11/10 in a 50 point blowout over Johnny Collins and them.

Marvin over CP3.

Trae over Luka.

Spelman over Brunson.

OO over Haliburton.

Bustkin over Jaquez Jr.

When does the nightmare end?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

At #6 overall..

Thanks Schlenk

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I'm not throwing in the towel on Quin this soon.   Nor am I going to burden him with Prunty's record.  Even though he doesn't make decisions that I would like to see, I don't doubt his abilities.  He's a good coach. 

That doesn’t include Prunty’s record, which was only 2 games (2-0).