Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Jody23 said:

The last foul call on OO was bad.  And this continued nailing of AJ to the bench is now past annoying.  Player development was supposed to be a big priority for the new coach.  He's not doing his job in that respect.

Missed the game, just checked the boxscore. The 13 minutes of the Mat(t)hews going 0-4 for 3pts, 1rb, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 - can't be used to develop AJ?????

I'm begging, please send him to the GL. They are apparently playing the Quin system there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Missed the game, just checked the boxscore. The 13 minutes of the Mat(t)hews going 0-4 for 3pts, 1rb, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 - can't be used to develop AJ?????

I'm begging, please send him to the GL. They are apparently playing the Quin system there.

Maybe they cant risk injury because hes about to be involved in a trade.... lol

But seriously, He needs to be in CP..

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Matthew's experiment has to end. He isn't giving us anything. His defense looks like Kent Bazemore, he's all over the place but not stopping anybody. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I'm not as down on DJ as the rest of you.   He is what he is... He's a good robin.  Trae makes this work.   I'm proud of our guys for sticking with the best team in the East and in some points out playing them.  However, Philly just has a lot and us down two starters are not going to continue to hold them down.  Embiid is a beast... and the Basketball gods has smiled on every player named Tyrese. 

The problem we had in the beginning of the game is the same problem we had in the end of the game... finding scoring.   Bogi cooled off.  Dre cooled off.  Sidiq and DJ couldn't hit nothing.  We were literally being led on offense by Clint. 

JJ comes back and we get another legit scorer.  That will help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20231209_000039_Gallery.jpg

I enjoyed the run to take the 6 point lead at the half but I fell asleep on the second half, surprised they had a lead that late.  Unfortunately it seems Embiid is now immune to having a bad game.  That stretch above was brutal.  I’m assuming Sadiq didn’t wrestle away any offensive boards in that span.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Missed the game,

Didn’t miss much, played good for a while but when it counted we didn’t come through… again. I know it’s one game, I know it’s against Philly on the road but we gotta start winning. 

The season is more or less over. Nothing is working... Even the coaching switch has done nothing. People were putting too much into it Snyder being a difference maker. He is not. DJ (like Trae) is a player who's stats make him look better than he really is.

JJ and possibly Bogi are the only players on the roster that should be kept. Given that the team needs to rebuild, Bogi would probably be better off on a team that actually has the ambitions of winning.

• Confused 2

We Squawk posters cried because we were a .500 team.  Now we cry because we're not!

AJ Griffin must be sent down to the G League because, right now, Quin refuses to play him.  He prefers to play a couple of new Hawks that really does nothing to help with a much-needed win.   Bruno too.  Play him or trade him.  He's not doing anything to help win right now.  Two Hawks, nailed to the pine and ignored when we play.  Doesn't look good.

Is this position in the standings where we belong?  Is this as good as we can be?  Did we Squawk posters expect a miracle from Quin Snyder and he has failed to deliver for us?  Sure, we missed Trae.  But remember, we've been losing with him playing.  76ers are good.  Atlanta Hawks are bad.  End of story.  Get well soon, all missing Hawks!!

:ahf:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

76ers are good.  Atlanta Hawks are bad. 

This is true and I can’t believe I’m saying this after we continue to lose but honestly the gap between us and the Sixers isn’t big.

The parity in this league is absolutely crazy this year. 

Back in the 80’s when the Celts, Lakers, and Pistons were better than you, they were much much better and it felt like we had very little chance to dethrone guys like Mike, Bird and Isiah…

Embiid and the Sixers ain’t that. Giannis and the Bucks ain’t that. 

We have Trae, he’s a top player in this league. We have Quin, he’s a top coach in this league. Sooner or later we will figure this out.

• Like 2