• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Oh one more thing I forgot to add, did the refs have money 💰 on Memphis? I usually don’t whine about the zebras 🦓 but they were outright horrible, I mean once ok, twice, three, blatant calls too.. I mean, I realize you can’t challenge everything but can we go back for 2 seconds and see that it was a stupid goaltending call? I mean, come on! 

Honestly I thought Quin would get tossed at the end to make a point but, who knows if that would even matter.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Its possible. Not like the guys are getting blown out. 

Not likely.  Schedule is brutal from January until the second week of February.

Hawks are gonna finish with a definite top 10 strength of schedule.  They simply aren’t built for that, especially with key injuries starting to pile up.  They finished .500 last season with the 15th ranked strength and relatively good health 🫤

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Huh?  I always been a Bane guy, what does he have to do with White who just became decent a few weeks ago?

White is not so good. 

Bane is damn good. 

Bane goes off on Atlanta. 

You sarcastically (i hope) say that White is next in line. 

What line?  White is not in the same area code as Bane.   Bane went off and to a degree, it's not unexpected.   How does Bane going off suggest that White can?

That's like saying because Batman wears a costume, he can fly like superman.  Nah son.

Blame 12 

Blame 12

Blame 12 

But can't win without 12 because we guard the perimeter insanely bad without 12. 

4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae's improvement this year will continue to go unnoticed because of how little talent this roster has.  And I'm not talking about spending more for another mediocre rotation player -- the average talent of Trae's teammates is just so much lower than most of his peers (Ja/Hali/Brunson/etc.)

Improvement huh

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished watching this one. I thought we did a nice job overall of execution and guys starting to understand their roles in the offense. Trae did his thing and tied the record with Big O which was sweet. 

I thought OO had another tremendous 4th quarter with a couple blocks late and got Ja on one viciously. Couple really nice dimes from him to both finding CC the 2nd a straight ZIP pass, really nice for a big to big connection, we may have something there with the bigs workin together.

CC was crazy aggressive, loved it early on putting his head down, getting buckets getting to the line and knocking down everything. What is it 16 in a row now? Wow. 

DJ was ultra aggressive as well and he made some hard earned buckets throughout.

Loved Bogi with the stand still. That was straight outta the book of the Turkish center @kg01’s guy 🤭.It was cool that Ja happened to be at the receiving end of that one too.

Bey might be expendable. Before it was Hunter but now if a team wants Bey and we can get more return that way let’s do it. My boy gone sour on me. He’s becoming a bit predictable to me. Like I see what he’s gonna do before he does it. I dunno, do any of you see anything like this from him? 

Lundy fires away doesn’t he? 😂 That foo ain’t shy I kinda dig the confidence. Good defense from him on Ja a bit.

@AUhawksfan glad you and your daughter got to see the game and passing on the Hawks fanhood to the next gen! 👏 👍 

Lets win 3 straight and finish the year 15-17! 

Go Hawks!!!

I've been having the same struggle lately with Bey myself, Spud. I really, really like his hustle on the offensive end, especially with going after offensive boards. He's the kind of guy who can make an impact on that end without necessarily needing the ball in his hands, which is a nice fit for this team when you have Trae and DJ handling the rock most of the time. But his struggles on defense are well documented and is unlikely to improve much. He seems to get tunnel vision when he DOES get the ball in his hands, and he's likely going to put the shot up even if 3 defenders are draped all over him. But it's the coming back down to earth with his three point shot that has really made me sour on him. He really needs to be well above average in that area to make up for his other deficiencies if he wants to be a regular rotation player. And then you add in the fact that he's looking for big, big money in the offseason. I personally would let him walk if we keep him for the full season, but ideally, I would like to deal him by the trade deadline. Of course that would be much more palatable if AJ would have developed the way most of us thought he would, because i think he could be a better version of Bey.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Phunkabilly said:

He seems to get tunnel vision when he DOES get the ball in his hands, and he's likely going to put the shot up even if 3 defenders are draped all over him.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952le1wq4qkoslcgwuu89u

I also am a fan of Siddiq.  It's little things.. but you hit the nail on the head with this one thing.   My response is always... WHY????  Defensively, he can improve some... I don't think he's limited because he is in good shape... and maybe we have high expectations with him defending the 4.. but he need to learn because I don't think he can stick with 3s.   He can probably average about 10 boards... but he gets 4 offensive boards and just gives it right back going 1 on 4 or 1 on 5... and not looking to pass ever...  That has to change.   And for that reason,  I wouldn't cry if we traded him for a better player. 

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

White is not so good. 

Bane is damn good. 

Bane goes off on Atlanta. 

You sarcastically (i hope) say that White is next in line. 

What line?  White is not in the same area code as Bane.   Bane went off and to a degree, it's not unexpected.   How does Bane going off suggest that White can?

That's like saying because Batman wears a costume, he can fly like superman.  Nah son.

You have issues with reading comprehension at times D, we still love you tho.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

This might be one of the worst Hawk teams ever. They'd probably be performing better under Nate though. Quinn is in over his head.

When I said HC wasn't the problem last year, man, I had poster promise I was fooling myself. 

I an starting to be convinced those are just Trae fans at this point. It was all about Trae because the team is even worse now but they happy because Trae stats don't suck anymore because we got full spacing back. 

Some will say, JJ or even someone like me will say we can't win without Hunter but the reality is, this team was better when they were a scam under Nate. Even though everyone knew what was coming, it occasionally won just enough to be meh. This squad is literally just doing too much and not enough at the same time. 

I feel like the Pacers and Hawks are the same team. Just that the Pacers got less contracts and Haliburton is way better than Trae but defensively, both are ass. 

Murray who's a very good player being just good is what hurts the most. He's good but next to Trae, his defense goes down like 5 notches as he's not a 2. That's probably our biggest killer. Even so, we still talking .500 if it worked so it's still not that significant. 

What's significant is the 5 position, we need an offensive presence so f***ing bad but haven't had one ever. JC even scoring 20/10 wasn't it, we need someone that can draw doubles and really be a threat. We just don't have that guy. If we could just transport the 2009 squad and just replace Trae with Bibby, maybe, we would be that squad that could contend in the east. Sadly, we aren't even close. We got no signs of a Horford. OO ain't even Horace Grant level yet much less anywhere close to the Boss. 

Iso Joe is miles a better fit than Murray although overall, it's not a bad competition between the two. JJ and Smoove would be interesting with JJ getting the edge and unless you move Marvin to the 4, he's even more useless in this era as he's not much of a perimeter defender especially compared to Hunter. 

This squad isn't wack but it would be much better if we had better best players. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, terrell said:

The reason why every game is a nail biter is primarily due to us being a team with too many marginal NBA players.

This is an indictment on the Front office(and the previous one)

I'm more impressed with Trae now more than ever for even keeping us competitive right now. smfh

6 30/10 games in a row and it wont mean much if we keep losing, because that'll be the narrative(empty stats)

Get well soon JJ!!

Btw is QS really an upgrade over Nate? Every team scores 120 on us. Good grief...

Roster is a defensive disaster... But still...

Marginal players is right.  And that what I was illustrating in the other thread when looking at the Hawks by position.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Morant is unbelievable.   Could be the best player in the league.  

His athleticism enables him to do things that SFs do on the offensive end.   Who runs lob plays to their PG?

Having said that, this is what Ja gave up on defense last night.

image.thumb.png.135e07452537eb1aa3c74d293bf73c9f.png

Murray alone had 15 points over Morant.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

His athleticism enables him to do things that SFs do on the offensive end.   Who runs lob plays to their PG?

Having said that, this is what Ja gave up on defense last night.

image.thumb.png.135e07452537eb1aa3c74d293bf73c9f.png

Murray alone had 15 points over Morant.

Eh, that only matters when assessing one particular guard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1