• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

We are digging ourselves into a deep hole.

All this losing is going to take its toll on the locker room at some point.

Our season doesn’t ride solely on the back of JJ’s health. Coach needs to look in the mirror and acknowledge that he’s not doing enough to put our guys in position to win games. If Dre is out of the lineup then start Bogi, not Mathews. We need to get off to faster starts in games. We clearly can’t play defense, so put pressure on the opponent with scoring. I’m tired of getting in these long droughts and having to play catchup.

FO, do something with this roster. We just went a month without a PF and the best we came up with was giving OO minutes at the 4. We waived Miles Norris instead of giving him a chance to HELP us with his size. What are we actually doing here?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Also, this wasn’t even an amazing game from Bogi but we need to keep the guy around. Super consistent shot and offense. He has really become solid for us. 

Yeah keep Trae Bogi JJ 

Anyone else should be available for trade imo..

Probably Gonna have to move Murray because no one else is gonna get us anything worthwhile.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Our season doesn’t ride solely on the back of JJ’s health. Coach needs to look in the mirror and acknowledge that he’s not doing enough to put our guys in position to win games. If Dre is out of the lineup then start Bogi, not Mathews. We need to get off to faster starts in games. We clearly can’t play defense, so put pressure on the opponent with scoring. I’m tired of getting in these long droughts and having to play catchup.

FO, do something with this roster. We just went a month without a PF and the best we came up with was giving OO minutes at the 4. We waived Miles Norris instead of giving him a chance to HELP us with his size. What are we actually doing here?

I'd actually like us to play Bruno over the door Mat(t)s. I really liked what he showed the other night when he got minutes, but for some reason he hasn't seen the floor since.

Norris is an undrafted rookie that's never even set foot on an NBA floor. We need TALENT that can help us today not a development prospect. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, terrell said:

You know its coming..

Yeah, I do.

Still a valiant effort from the Hawks tonight missing two starters on a B2B, I expected much worse.  It’s rare seeing two teams have such great assist to turnover numbers but ultimately points in the paint did us in.  

Giving up 125 again, Hawks are determined to have the worst points allowed in the Association it seems.  Leading to a poor record and another possibly missed AS appearance for Trae after putting up a historic offensive production stretch.  

At this point I know the voters are eyeing Brunson, Haliburton, Lilliard, and Maxey with Derrick White as a possible if Boston keeps tearing through the East. Trae would be left out.  I usually don’t trip over things like this but if Herro or Mitchell make it with x # of games missed I will be pissed.

Edited by benhillboy

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah, I do.

Still a valiant effort from the Hawks tonight missing two starters on a B2B, I expected much worse.  It’s rare seeing two teams have such great assist to turnover numbers but ultimately points in the paint did us in.  

Giving up 125 again, Hawks are determined to have the worst points allowed in the Association it seems.  Leading to a poor record and another possibly missed AS appearance for Trae after putting up a historic offensive production stretch.  

At this point I know the voters are eyeing Brunson, Haliburton, Lilliard, and Maxey with Derrick White as a possible if Boston keeps tearing through the East. Trae would be left out.

And all of those guys have a Big who can get his in the paint or at least shoot 3's(Randle, Giannis, Embiid, Turner).. Trae doesnt.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

And all of those guys have a Big who can get his in the paint or at least shoot 3's(Randle, Giannis, Embiid, Turner).. Trae doesnt.. smh

Trae's improvement this year will continue to go unnoticed because of how little talent this roster has.  And I'm not talking about spending more for another mediocre rotation player -- the average talent of Trae's teammates is just so much lower than most of his peers (Ja/Hali/Brunson/etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think you should look at it again...

If Dre is out of the Lineup.. we're down two starters.     We have been scrambling trying to find the right players to play.  Tonight's loss was horrible.  We really needed that win.   Just for momentum.   But a big part of it was that we were missing Dre.   Somebody with size who can stand out there with Bane.  I like what we got from Lundy for the most part and he may work his way into the rotation.   I would rather see old man Matthews as more an A. Coach than a player getting 14 mpg.    However, when we are hurt like we are... it's hard to keep good players on the floor.  Don't know what the deal is with AJ but he's missed more games than he was available for at this point.     I hope he's OK.. I hope it's not a team issue.   He could be working his way back. 

JJ will help a lot because he brings a different dimension to how we play.   Remember, Trae and DJ were trash when JJ was playing.   Now... they are playing well.  We need him to come back good. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Through the losing Trae is leaving it all out there.  Even had some good moments at the POA versus Ja.  

Poor officiating aside, apparently no one beats the Grizz when their backcourt goes for 20+ a piece.  They were just too much as Ja’s passing has taken a considerable leap.  Good defensive teams are keying in on Bogi hard, as they should.  DJ’s numbers look good but he just doesn’t present the timely and situational impact Bane does.

I was so disgusted with the refs.  Obvious stuff.   The goaltending was the tip of the iceberg.   There was a Whole Iceberg of bad calls.  Still... I'm disgusted by the missed shots. Siddiq needs to find his shooting stroke.   It was the second night of a back to back and it showed.  OO has to pull it together too.  Trae missing shots.  OO missing bunnies. Bogi didn't have his best game.   We just need rest.. 4 games in 6 nights is not for the weak at heart.