• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

We need a retool

We need to trade Capela for a stretch 5, we can even lose in the trade but the fit improvement would be massive. Try to get some value from him while he still has some.

We need to move OO at PF, he cannot compete with centers.

We need to trade Bey while he still has some value.

We should give time to Bufkin, Griffin and Gueye.

Quin doesn't want to win.  He's purposely sabotaging this team by continuing to play ineffective players with no adjustments.

As I said a month ago, he is flat out FAILING this team.

• Like 3

Peep Dean Wade’s second and third threes:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3M&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022300595&PlayerID=1629731&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612739&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Trae trying to account for whatever the hell Bey was doing in poor communication with Clint.  On the second one notice DJ shake his arms in frustration as he and Trae hug Mitchell with Wade casually loading up for a practice shot 😄

Most teams have these breakdowns from time to time.  With the Hawks it’s possession to possession, you’d think they were one of the youngest teams in the league.  But they ain’t.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree we need to trade Capela....which stretch 5 though?

Mark Williams.  I know, he ain't available.  

🥲

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Peep Dean Wade’s second and third threes:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3M&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022300595&PlayerID=1629731&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612739&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Trae trying to account for whatever the hell Bey was doing in poor communication with Clint.  On the second one notice DJ shake his arms in frustration as he and Trae hug Mitchell with Wade casually loading up for a practice shot 😄

Most teams have these breakdowns from time to time.  With the Hawks it’s possession to possession, you’d think they were one of the youngest teams in the league.  But they ain’t.

image.png

In this fram... Trae has just come down with Mitchell.  DJ has come in off his man (Struss) for the Double.  Struss rotates  to the right side of the court behind a Jarrett Allen Screen....  Notice, Wade in the corner,   Bey.. is in the pain...  CC is dropping down to cover the paint for Backdoor cuts and in case Mitchell got out of the double (i guess).  If Allen were a shooter, we're in trouble.

image.png

The ball swings to Struss.  Now.. Bey goes up to jump at Struss and Struss makes the pass to the corner with Wade for the wide open corner three.   Trae leaves his man Mitchell to high tail it over to Wade (accross the court) Because the ball is coming to him.

You know what happens next.

Here's my question or statement.

This defense makes NO DAMN SENSE. 

Now.. My question:

Who is at fault in this defensive Sequence?