• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Dread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Quin's short rotations are killing the team. Over the last 5 games (not including tonight), Trae and DJ have logged at least 3 of those games of 36+ minutes hittin a high of 40 and 41, that's not sustainable particularly with a tight schedule. Bogi has also been playing more minutes also.

Quin needs to expand the rotation. He can cut 2 minutes from Trae, DJ and Bogi and give to Kobe, plus 8 of GMat's minutes - that's about 14 mpg for Kobe.

It seems such the obvious thing to do, and yet Quin refuses to allow Kobe to play any meaningful minutes.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Jody23 said:

It seems such the obvious thing to do, and yet Quin refuses to allow Kobe to play any meaningful minutes.

This is inexplicable.  He was a near lottery pick.  He played well a few nights ago when he FINALLY got a chance to play.  We are shorthanded.  Our starting guards both have had a couple of terrible outings, this is already a lost season…what in the world is keeping Kobe nailed to the bench?!?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Man @NBASupes, I was so close to going off on some other poster(s) and calling them 'casuals' for their awful basketball opinions.

Smh

They really meant it when they said it's better to die a hero instead of living long enough to become the villain. 

😄

Sheesh, our guards ain't the only ones that need a break. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

That may have been the most disappointing/worst game of the year and there have been plenty. Too many mistakes and lack of interest on D to even discuss it.

How we gonna let Mann 🤡 us? 🤦‍♀️ 

Nothing from nobody, I don’t wanna give the game ball away this game it was horrible I really don’t think one player ever deserved it.

I keep waiting for us to magically turn the corner but this is frustrating and just hard to watch. 

Glad the all star break is coming we gotta get our 💩 together. This is bad.

Just now, kg01 said:

Sheesh, our guards ain't the only ones that need a break. 

🙋🏻‍♀️ HERE!!!! THERE WILL BE NO BASKETBALL 🏀 OR EXTRA SAMPLING OF DIFFERENT FLAVOR ICE CREAMS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. 😐 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grant the Midge Williams is one annoying big little person I tell ya! 

Little big people in the NBA.. (new reality show).. combine that ish with my little life 😆 fck it why not. 

I’m usually not negative but we were straight up A$$. I just..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Give me your three moves you said they have to make to get better.

Spend money to go into the LT. No reason for the depth to be too 3rd string. 

You gotta hit on the Murray trade. The 2nd biggest issue you got is fit next to Trae. A big wing who can defend 1-3 who can shoot and be a secondary ball handler with plus size. This player is hard as f*** to find but there are some younger prototypes out there that have this in pieces and you have to develop the rest. Murray for that and picks might be the best value. 

The biggest issue is at center. Capela regression offensively has killed this team. OO is just nowhere near as good Clint in scoring as a movement big. Regardless what the stats say, he's just not the same threat as Houston Capela or prime Atlanta Capela. Just too small and not the same size that takes a lot of space to free up Trae. Defensively, OO is not as good as Clint was and Clint isn't as good as he used to be. I know defense is critical at the 5 but I truly believe with Trae at the helm, offense is more critical as he uses the center as an extention of him. This is why our best success came in the ECF year. We haven't got that verison of CC since. 

Atlanta has to decide if there is that center available. If it's KAT, you gotta land him. Look at FA, no one is available. Look at the draft. You got Flip who maybe not good enough at the movement and finishing but provides shooting and spacing. You got Clingan who provides the best mix of offense and defense but offensively, is his upside high enough and he has injury and health concerns. Missi who has Shades of Capela but needs a couple years of development before he even plays. Then you got Edey, the best offensive big in this draft but can he physically translate to the NBA. If he does, he's probably the next best thing after KAT as an offensive big needed with Trae. So Atlanta gotta solve that. 

Then Atlanta has to get an impact starter from a team scared of the LT. I don't know who that is yet. But they lack starters. 

Moves I would make. KAT for Murray and OO is the goal. If we can't, I don't believe Trey Murphy or Herb Jones is the right path. Then I want Dyson Daniels, Larry Nance Jr. And two unprotected 1sts from LAL or NO. I want that LA 1st. I think it will be for 2025. Not really hyped on the other picks they got with the Bucks. Late 1sts aren't appealing. Trey Murphy is the player that you want from NO but NO hasn't made him available yet from my understanding. Zion is obviously a target but he's not available either. 

Draft one of the bigs with our top 15 pick. I would draft Edey. He's the biggest risk but he's the highest reward. I would really have really do deep research into this as the Hawks. You really have no choice. I would also evaluate Sarr who's far more defensive as well but is expected to be in the top 3. 

I think the addition of Nance would do wonders for Bey on the bench. We definitely need a legit backup PG who's like a starter. I would consider JC TPE for D Russell. I have zero interest in Russell for Murray in any deal but something like cap space for Russell help. We need a backup PG who fits this scheme. We just don't need him to start. There just aren't many low end starting PGs who are available unless we do a SnT for Tyus Jones. That might be our best route honestly. If

Trae/D'Lo or Jones or even a SnT with GS for CP3 if possible/Kobe

Daniels or at best Murphy/Bogi/Kobe

Hunter/Bey/Gueye/Lundy

JJ/Nance/Bey/Gueye

OO/Capela/draft pick center (Edey is my choice) 

Hawks have two 1sts but right now, that Kings pick is looking shaky for 2024. They are falling and the teams in the balance are a rising Warriors team and a Laker team in a playin could be hard ish to overcome. That said, we need a 2025 1st. 

The Hawks just need more development with this current group. Obviously, they are stuck with Clint as a backup but Giving our draft pick or picks, a year of development in the Gleague is the best route. 

The Hawks have to get a starter level backup PG, they have to get another 3/4 who's impactful. Atlanta has to have depth this year. Guys like Kobe, Gueye, Lundy, and whoever we draft just aren't ready to win or beat out the guys in front of them to win. They need to be 3rd stringers. 

If a team like the Pels wants OO, it's gonna cost them Murphy as well as Val. OO is still in high demand around the league and he fits Zion exceptionally well. So Dyson, Murphy, and Val plus picks for Murray and OO is pretty much the deal in my opinion. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

We have the same players as last year minus one starter and we're getting basically the same results.  So why are folks like "I can't believe we got another bad coach"?  

Lmao. I agree. We had depth issues last year, should we be shocked we have more depth issues this year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You gotta hit on the Murray trade. The 2nd biggest issue you got is fit next to Trae. A big wing who can defend 1-3 who can shoot and be a secondary ball handler with plus size. This player is hard as f*** to find but there are some younger prototypes out there that have this in pieces and you have to develop the rest. Murray for that and picks might be the best value. 

Agree with #2 that is really key for us.  We need an equivalent talent that is a much better fit with Trae than Murray.  

As far as the first point, It's really confusing to me where we get this idea that the good teams spend money for depth and not core.  Milwaukee has two late first round picks from the past two drafts in their rotation.  They spend money on their top guys same with Boston.  If our team comes back as is next year, with no additions other than the draft, we are probably at the first apron line.  Spending money can help, but if you don't address the core no amount of depth role players that cost $8-14M takes you to the next level.  

It’s one thing to slide on the last game thinking about Tahiti 🏝️ before the all star break.. IF YOU HAVE EARNED IT. Don’t mail it in if you are us, please.

It was like watching a layup drill! 

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Agree with #2 that is really key for us.  We need an equivalent talent that is a much better fit with Trae than Murray.  

As far as the first point, It's really confusing to me where we get this idea that the good teams spend money for depth and not core.  Milwaukee has two late first round picks from the past two drafts in their rotation.  They spend money on their top guys same with Boston.  If our team comes back as is next year, with no additions other than the draft, we are probably at the first apron line.  Spending money can help, but if you don't address the core no amount of depth role players that cost $8-14M takes you to the next level.  

Until we find a legit star at center for Trae, we aren't gonna go up that much. But the gap between 10th seed and 4th seed is minor. It's the contender spots that is massive. We need to improve depth to go to 4th to 6th range. The Knicks is proof on how good is depth. Even the ECF Hawks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks have two 1sts but right now, that Kings pick is looking shaky for 2024. They are falling and the teams in the balance are a rising Warriors team and a Laker team in a playin could be hard ish to overcome. That said, we need a 2025 1st. 

this is good. If Kings are in the lottery, there's our 2025 pick right there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest issue is at center. Capela regression offensively has killed this team. OO is just nowhere near as good Clint in scoring as a movement big. Regardless what the stats say, he's just not the same threat as Houston Capela or prime Atlanta Capela. Just too small and not the same size that takes a lot of space to free up Trae. Defensively, OO is not as good as Clint was and Clint isn't as good as he used to be. I know defense is critical at the 5 but I truly believe with Trae at the helm, offense is more critical as he uses the center as an extention of him. This is why our best success came in the ECF year. We haven't got that verison of CC since. 

Atlanta has to decide if there is that center available. If it's KAT, you gotta land him. Look at FA, no one is available. Look at the draft. You got Flip who maybe not good enough at the movement and finishing but provides shooting and spacing. You got Clingan who provides the best mix of offense and defense but offensively, is his upside high enough and he has injury and health concerns. Missi who has Shades of Capela but needs a couple years of development before he even plays. Then you got Edey, the best offensive big in this draft but can he physically translate to the NBA. If he does, he's probably the next best thing after KAT as an offensive big needed with Trae. So Atlanta gotta solve that. 

Then Atlanta has to get an impact starter from a team scared of the LT. I don't know who that is yet. But they lack starters. 

Moves I would make. KAT for Murray and OO is the goal. If we can't, I don't believe Trey Murphy or Herb Jones is the right path. Then I want Dyson Daniels, Larry Nance Jr. And two unprotected 1sts from LAL or NO. I want that LA 1st. I think it will be for 2025. Not really hyped on the other picks they got with the Bucks. Late 1sts aren't appealing. Trey Murphy is the player that you want from NO but NO hasn't made him available yet from my understanding. Zion is obviously a target but he's not available either. 

Draft one of the bigs with our top 15 pick. I would draft Edey. He's the biggest risk but he's the highest reward. I would really have really do deep research into this as the Hawks. You really have no choice. I would also evaluate Sarr who's far more defensive as well but is expected to be in the top 3. 

I think the addition of Nance would do wonders for Bey on the bench. We definitely need a legit backup PG who's like a starter. I would consider JC TPE for D Russell. I have zero interest in Russell for Murray in any deal but something like cap space for Russell help. We need a backup PG who fits this scheme. We just don't need him to start. There just aren't many low end starting PGs who are available unless we do a SnT for Tyus Jones. That might be our best route honestly. If

Hunter/Bey/Gueye/Lundy

JJ/Nance/Bey/Gueye

The Hawks just need more development with this current group. Obviously, they are stuck with Clint as a backup but Giving our draft pick or picks, a year of development in the Gleague is the best route. 

The Hawks have to get a starter level backup PG, they have to get another 3/4 who's impactful. Atlanta has to have depth this year. Guys like Kobe, Gueye, Lundy, and whoever we draft just aren't ready to win or beat out the guys in front of them to win. They need to be 3rd stringers. 

If a team like the Pels wants OO, it's gonna cost them Murphy as well as Val. OO is still in high demand around the league and he fits Zion exceptionally well. So Dyson, Murphy, and Val plus picks for Murray and OO is pretty much the deal in my opinion. 

We've been trying to fix what works with Trae for 6 years. Three coaches, 2.5 GMs. 

It's simply not gonna work building around Trae my man. Teams will still score big against us. We can score just to give the points right back

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s one thing to slide on the last game thinking about Tahiti 🏝️ before the all star break.. IF YOU HAVE EARNED IT. Don’t mail it in if you are us, please.

It was like watching a layup drill! 

I just canceled my Bally subscription this morning.  This season is a turd bucket.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

We've been trying to fix what works with Trae for 6 years. Three coaches, 2.5 GMs. 

But we haven't.  It took Travis 3 years to put a ECF team together around Trae and then we basically did nothing but offload talent.  We didn't try to fix anything but the bottom line.  

• Thanks 3

No more hawks for me...canceled league pass last night..maybe next year

31 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I just canceled my Bally subscription this morning.  This season is a turd bucket.  

I did the same same

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter/Bey/Gueye/Lundy

JJ/Nance/Bey/Gueye

That team(Trae, Daniels, Dre, JJ, OO) isnt coming out of the East.. Sorry dude

I see another playin team there..

Hawks need a #1 guy..IMO

Trae aint carrying that squad anywhere...

Yeah if we get KAT we'd be better offensively, but I still dont see us competing with the good teams in a series..

Edited by terrell

40 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

It's simply not gonna work building around Trae my man. Teams will still score big against us. We can score just to give the points right back

People make mistakes trying to fix Trae. He doesn't need to be fixed. He needed to have what he needs. He needs an legit offensive minded center with size who can screen, rim run, unstoppable in the paint. Trae using the center as an extention of himself but the center has to be offensively capable. You gotta lower his off ball offensive responsibilities but you gotta have the right center to make that possible. 

1 minute ago, terrell said:

That team isnt coming out of the East.. Sorry dude

I see another playin team there..

I never said it was. 

• Like 1