• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls -- Play-In Game 1 of X!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Got up this morning with a crazy thought that it's time for the Hawks to beat the odds and luck into the top pick. 9% chance to move into the top 4.  

soyouretellingmetheresachance-m.gif

Isn't it 13.9%?

image.png

38 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Would also be the most Hawks thing ever....

Winning the lottery in the weakest top of the draft in 20 years.  LOL

This is clearly not the year to win it if you can choose the year you win it but also you'd rather have the #1 pick than the #10 pick so I'd still take it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The big mistake in using one game to give terrible opinions is

1. Foolish things will be said

Hunter sucks is not an example of this.

He sucked before last night. He sucks on a big stage that’s not college. He ain’t the one. 

Trae .. JJ… maybe Bogi and OO .. the rest is on the table, everyone.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

. My guess is they end up running it back. 

No this guess is wrong. DJ will be in a package 📦 deal hopefully with Hunter being moved as well as Cap.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Got up this morning with a crazy thought that it's time for the Hawks to beat the odds and luck into the top pick. 9% chance to move into the top 4.  

my Blackhawks faced similar odds to get the #1 pick last year and nailed it.     Bulls hit a 1% chance to win the Derek Rose lottery.  It can happen.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hunter sucks is not an example of this.

He sucked before last night. He sucks on a big stage that’s not college. He ain’t the one. 

Trae .. JJ… maybe Bogi and OO .. the rest is on the table, everyone.

Hunter sucked last night but he is a fine rotation piece.  He isn't a star.  His role is to play good D and contribute on offense.  I fully expect he will be back and think he would be hard to replace.  He is part of my mental model for this team going forward.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

F the draft.- @kg01 :huh: and me… :frantics:

If you want to trade for a vet, do you think we do better trading one of our starters plus the #15 pick or that starter plus the #1 pick?  

Higher is better for drafting or trading.  Even in a weak draft at the top.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

F the draft.- @kg01 :huh: and me… :frantics:

Well we are gonna be in it, so we might as well make the best of it: pick a player or use it in trade for better player(s).  It's currency at the moment. The higher the pick position the more currency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you want to trade for a vet, do you think we do better trading one of our starters plus the #15 pick or that starter plus the #1 pick?  

The answer is “the latter”! Yes I want more ammo! You got me! Give us better assets to make better deals.

I take it all back.

We love the draft. - @kg01 and me 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The higher the pick position the more currency.

@AHF and @JayBirdHawk 

Better assets lead to better deals and quality players which in turn will lead us to the championship 🏆 we all desire.

Lesson learned ✔️ 

Thank you 🙏🏿 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Negative.

Bruno has done his job as a backup C since OO been out.

It's up to the coach to do something different, with a player is cooking you like that.  Quin has been very poor in making adjustments this entire season.  We have a young guard on the bench who is already arguably our best defensive guard.  Toss him out there for 5 minutes and see what happens.  And if the team plays well, extend his minutes.

Trae played 43 minutes tonight.  DJ 46 minutes.  Dre played 42 minutes.

With Trae and Dre pretty much sucking on offense all night, and DJ probably running out of gas in the 2nd half, would it have killed Quin to try to do something else?

You should never have a big incapable of shooting 3's or making jump shots. Never!

Bogi played 37 mins and finished with 21/5/4/2/2 and zero TO's. He also finished with +1 in a 15 point loss. The team lost the battle by 16 points in those 11 minutes Bogi was on the bench. Bogi had 4 stocks (effort) which is 2x more than the rest of the team combined.  He also had 5 rebounds (effort) which equals rest of the team combined, sans Clint and DJ. And yet, watching Bogi, some people only saw and commented 8 points that CW (42 pts) scored on him where he had no business in guarding a PG anyway lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who are you taking if this happens?

Edited by terrell