• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls -- Play-In Game 1 of X!

lethalweapon3

Hawks need to make some major moves this off season. Rolling it back plus some draft picks will not change the results. 

The fact that Bufkin.and Mo can’t get run over third stringers is not a ringing endorsement. 

Call me a hater but I do not see the upside in this roster. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I think we gotta come to terms with the fact that ya boy Bruno ain't good enough for regular rotation minutes. 

Also, with who we had available, what is your answer to White? We don't have one. We desperately need an upgrade in the frontcourt. Desperately. 

Negative.

Bruno has done his job as a backup C since OO been out.

It's up to the coach to do something different, with a player is cooking you like that.  Quin has been very poor in making adjustments this entire season.  We have a young guard on the bench who is already arguably our best defensive guard.  Toss him out there for 5 minutes and see what happens.  And if the team plays well, extend his minutes.

Trae played 43 minutes tonight.  DJ 46 minutes.  Dre played 42 minutes.

With Trae and Dre pretty much sucking on offense all night, and DJ probably running out of gas in the 2nd half, would it have killed Quin to try to do something else?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

If you could show me the way i would love to see it i would be open arms if you can find us another star to pair with trae thats a big.

That's the problem....it's always 'star star star'...(and I get it, you need them to win big)....so then the alternate is to trade the one you have in the hopes of getting one in 2 years without consideration for our track record in luring one.

The front office needs to have a plan with whatever their 'Hawks DNA' is and stick to the plan instead of doing things on a whim, changing midstream with the meddlesome owner. The instability in the front office rolls down to the court.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

This is gonna be a long offseason. 

Buckle up buttercup!

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's been a long season....

Seemed even longer.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Did we end up putting Hunter back in the starting squad and he went straight back to crap?  

Well, I would say that his 3pt shooting percentages went to crap in his starter minutes. Did a quick check, he shot 33% in those 13 games.

He was trending at 41% since his return from injury. Ended the season overall at 38.5% which is really good.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Hawks need to make some major moves this off season. Rolling it back plus some draft picks will not change the results. 

Indeed. You knew things were bad when Landry said we added Wes and Kobe as our offseason moves.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Threezus said:

Did we end up putting Hunter back in the starting squad and he went straight back to crap?  

I dunno if I even trust him as a 6th man anymore. Everytime he has a chance to rock it on the big stage he crumbles and does it in horrible fashion. He shines when there is absolutely nothing at stake and vice versa.

Trae was terrible (but a lot could be excused by the injury) he got better as the game went on but was still horrid. Dejounte had a great first half but was Coby White completely cooked him on defense. Bogi was terrible on defense, but had a decent offensive game. Capela was getting cooked on defense, but he had an okay offensive game. Hunter may have been the worst player in this game. Hunter showed literally no physicality on defense and was garbage. Absolute no show. Wes Matthews and Garrison Matthews should not be our best perimeter defenders tonight. 

But overall….Good loss for the Hawks. This is the loss that will finally make them wake up and realize what they need to do. It’s been obvious for years that this roster needed a shake-up. 

Trae and Dejounte simply DO NOT WORK AT ALL! Every line up that involve Trae and Dejounte together is terrible (except when Bogi is involved). Time to trade Dejounte so he can flourish somewhere else and we can have a shooting guard that plays actual defense.

Time to move on from Hunter because it’s clearly obvious that he can not handle any amount starter minutes and I would rather Bogi who’s been a way better impact on the bench than Dre ever been in his career. 

Heck, even Bogi can go for the right price because his health is waning and his defense is awful despite his incredible offensive value to this team. 

Time to do the right thing AND BUILD AROUND TRAE AND JALEN! Get a wing that shoots and defends AND LETS GO!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, I would say that his 3pt shooting percentages went to crap in his starter minutes. Did a quick check, he shot 33% in those 13 games.

He was trending at 41% since his return from injury. Ended the season overall at 38.5% which is really good.

Interesting it might be just as simple as he is better than backups but not as good as most starters.  So when in with bench guys he can feast on them.   But for his contract cost you probably need more than that but it's still a quality player to have off the bench if he could keep it up as a 6th man.

Edited by Threezus

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Indeed. You knew things were bad when Landry said we added Wes and Kobe as our offseason moves.

this was laughable... At this point, time is against their side... 

We need some serious moves... defensive upgrades... pick a direction. I'm very unhappy with how things are right now.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Packfill said:

The fact that Bufkin.and Mo can’t get run over third stringers is not a ringing endorsement. 

Call me a hater but I do not see the upside in this roster. 

You are right. There is no upside.... EXCEPT with Trae it is a offensive juggernaut.

It's the defense that has always been ignored.

When the FO gets their head out of their rear ends and instead of hawks DNA, chooses really good defenders to put around our offensive playmakers.. we will start winning. 

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno if I even trust him as a 6th man anymore. Everytime he has a chance to rock it on the big stage he crumbles and does it in horrible fashion. He shines when there is absolutely nothing at stake and vice versa.

I've tried to stop bashing Hunter.  I did for a while....I led the revolt, but I'm not going to rake him over the coals anymore. He is what he is and that's an inconsistent player who will always leave you wanting more from him.  SOMETHING...ANY DAMN THING! 

IMB_20190908024636_jXUU.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2