• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls -- Play-In Game 1 of X!

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

So this is his last game in a Hawks uniform?

Doubt it.

Front office will correctly cite that we were missing JJ, OO, and Bey.

But the roster is still flawed because we're too small on the frontline, and we don't have enough athletes on this team.

Also, you have to highly question Quin Snyder as a coach.   He made no adjustments whatsoever to try to slow down Coby White.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

TRae doesn't have the value you think he has around the league IMO....

Maybe to the Spurs.. But even then they'll try to low-ball us... lol

I put Trae on the Donovan Mitchell area of trade value.   Nothing that a Lebron, KD, Embidd tyoe of player could pull but a strong enough package back that could get you a star quality player back later.  Maybe something like a mid tier player + 4 1sts and a swap or 2.  or a young potential player and 4 to 5 1sts   but no swaps.

3 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

And Trae hasn’t played well but is clearly not healthy. He hasn’t played great but he missed the last two months of the season and basically got thrown into a playoff series. That’s tough for anyone. 

Mods! Ban this guy for making sense!…we don’t do that around here guy.

this is a phase 3 post…we still in phase 1 of meltdown mode where we say off the wall shit that’s combined with outrageous thoughts and finger pointing.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Doubt it.

Front office will correctly cite that we were missing JJ, OO, and Bey.

But the roster is still flawed because we're too small on the frontline, and we don't have enough athletes on this team.

Also, you have to highly question Quin Snyder as a coach.   He made no adjustments whatsoever to try to slow down Coby White.

I think we gotta come to terms with the fact that ya boy Bruno ain't good enough for regular rotation minutes. 

Also, with who we had available, what is your answer to White? We don't have one. We desperately need an upgrade in the frontcourt. Desperately. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I put Trae on the Donovan Mitchell area of trade value.   Nothing that a Lebron, KD, Embidd tyoe of player could pull but a strong enough package back that could get you a star quality player back later.  Maybe something like a mid tier player + 4 1sts and a swap or 2.  or a young potential player and 4 to 5 1sts   but no swaps.

God luck with that..

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . ya'll see what ESPN just did when talking about the Hawks?  Said we've missed the playoffs for the 4th time in the past 7 years.

Why would you frame it like that, when this is the first time since 2021 that we've missed the playoffs.

You can frame a narrative any way you want.

ESPN ain't shit.

That is pretty egregious, the obvious narrative is we miss after making three straight…

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Be in the lottery for the next 10 years...Yeah that will NOT work.

Well my boy who's a HUGE Hawks fan just text me "Until Trae Young is traded or given a new role on the team, I won’t be buying season tickets anymore. Waste of time watching a team with him as your number 1 option"..... So there's that...

Id rather be in the lottery(with hope) than the playin(with no hope) every year....

Too many times we focus on what the Hawks did wrong.  Half the time you just have to tip your hat to the opposition.  A reigning (deserved) First Team defender in Caruso, a questionable HOF candidate in DeRozan (46% per BB Ref), and a young, rapidly improving guard in White in a class of many who will give the Hawks fits for years to come trust me (Suggs, Anthony, Sexton, Pritchett, Ivey, Merrill, Podziemski, Wallace) is simply too much for the Hawks to handle, as both teams were without 3 key rotation players (Jalen. OO, Bey, LaVine, Ball, and Patterson all Top 100 players when healthy). With no leadership it’s simply impossible to play at a playoff level through injuries.

Anyway I enjoyed watching Bogi’s steady improvement, Jalen’s big jump, Dre’s career -best three point volume and shooting, & Bruno, Vit, and Methamphetamine Bogi finding their ways in the Association.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . ya'll see what ESPN just did when talking about the Hawks?  Said we've missed the playoffs for the 4th time in the past 7 years.

Why would you frame it like that, when this is the first time since 2021 that we've missed the playoffs.

You can frame a narrative any way you want.

ESPN ain't shit.

THey don't keep up with the Hawks...lol

Hawks are irrelevant to most NBA fans..

Edited by terrell