• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls -- Play-In Game 1 of X!

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How successful have we been in luring/trading for a 'Star'....and if that's the move it has to be someone 'better than Trae'

😂 These must be new fans…..

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hunter has done moderately well vs derozen, I guess.  Compared to how derozen has killed us before. 

Whatever moderate good he’s done on defense has been negated by the absolute nothing he’s given you on the other end. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Remember that time Hunter had a ten game stretch where people thought he had it figured out?

I hope this is the last time we see him in Atlanta. 

Which one of the 10 game stretches are we talking about? 🙃

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Remember that time Hunter had a ten game stretch where people thought he had it figured out?

I hope this is the last time we see him in Atlanta. 

Bench Hunter was special

Just now, JTB said:

😂 These must be new fans…..

You would think......but nooooo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Im with you on this one i actually quite like Trae as a person and a player.  I think on the right team and with the right type of players he can succeed.  I also unlike you think he is a max player but he 1000% needs to be your 2nd max player behind a true superstar.   If you paired Trae with a Embidd, Giannis, Joker type of player a true elite star big.  Trae would be a MONSTER robin type of player.  

Sad part is we can't do that here now with the assets we have left and the contracts we have.  The only chance to improve this team to that level to be able to maybe get one of those one day.  Is to move Trae and try to pair that new superstar with Jalen and Murray.   Murray doesn't have quite the value to get one of those guys back.  But trae does and it also saves cap space to put toward another max guy since we got murray so cheap. 

I would love to see Trae with a player like Wemby next to him that would be magical imo if Wemby hits what i think his peak can be.  I wish we could have found a way to do that for Trae here but i don't see a way to do it now after the FO screwed up so many times.

TRae doesn't have the value you think he has around the league IMO....

Maybe to the Spurs.. But even then they'll try to low-ball us... lol

Trae biggest value is to Tony Ressler ticket sales...

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Season is FINALLY coming to an end it seems..

That'll be a relief honestly

Ive seen enough of Dre, Clint,  and the Trae/Murray duo to last a lifetime..

Murray is a 1, not a 2.. Its obvious..

Traede Trae Hunter Clint OO and rebuild around JJ Murray Gueye Bufkin new young center... If Murray wants out trade him too.(I think hed want to stay if Trae was moved) There are Plenty off good young pg's in the draft...

Id rather watch the young guys on rookie contracts grow than watch these overpaid busters fight for a playin spot again..... 

Be in the lottery for the next 10 years...Yeah that will NOT work.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How successful have we been in luring/trading for a 'Star'....and if that's the move it has to be someone 'better than Trae' and again they salary would be similar or more.

I agree it has to be someone as good or better than Trae.   I have no issue with the contract trae has or the person coming in trae has.  It's more so i think you need traes assets to be able to get a player of his capabilities to pair with murray and jalen.   I don't think anyone on the team can get you a package like Trae can to possibly lure you another star to rebuild this team.     Like if we keep trae i don't see any viable way our front office can build the correct team around him now.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae will take the major hit for this game.   Dre will take the secondary hit.

But ya'll better have smoke for Quin as well.   He still coaches offensively, not defensively.

With Trae and Dre having the games they had tonight, you would think that he'd give someone on the bench a chance to provide a spark.   He did it in the 2nd quarter and it got us back in the game.

But this is just as a big of an indictment on Quin, as it is on any of our players.

A big off season is facing Landry and Kyle, but in the end it all falls to Ressler and his cheque book.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think the decision to keep Murray or Trae is going to be closer than most here think, and the direction we go could come down to what offers we get for each.