• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Koonin on NBA TV

hawkdude55

If the new owners don't want Ferry back, I IMMEDIATELY question their competence. Oh how I wish Koonin was a billionaire...

• Like 3

I think Koonin is going to be a part of any new situation. I just can't see a smart, competent person coming in and not wanting him in. He has a lot of money clearly, just not enough to purchase it outright. You have to be very good at business to make a billion + dollars, and keeping Koonin is clearly good business

• Like 2

Remember when Billy Knight was the one giving the interviews? *shudders*

Franchise has come a loooong way since those days.

Horrible memories. He was extremely condescending towards the fans and media. He also said "well" all the time, which was an annoying habit to me. Toss in that he hasn't sniffed an NBA job and it's pretty obvious how big of a buffoon he is.

I still bristle at the 'I think I'm the residential basketball expert here' responses BK would give to the media after yet another blown lottery pick. They ring in my head like a grandfather clock.

Comparing Koonin to the clowns who came before him (Kasten, Babs, BK, WLOC-Sund) would be like comparing someone who's in special ops to someone who's in the special olympics...

That's a great line. I laughed out loud!

Koonin is just absolutely tremendous. And I love his marketing focus.

Targeting the 2.1 million Millennials in Metro Atlanta is absolutely the right thing to do. They're the ones that are coming into their own in their careers and may not mind one bit spending some of their disposable income on Hawks games.

Koonin is the face of the franchise this team has always needed, in order to help sell the team to the city. Next to Bud, I'm hoping Koonin will be one of the ones seen as being indispensable by the new owners.

• Like 4

My favorite line?  When asked, "Aren't you antsy to know who the new owners are?"

His answer:  "Why?"

This guy, like our GM and our coach, knows what he's doing.  He must stay!

GO TEAM ATL !

• Moderators

Well of course the new owners will decide on whether to keep DF or not.  They'd be doing that anyway.   So why doesn't he come back to work until we have new owners and they decide?   Doesn't make any sense to me. 

(1) Because he is a potential PR problem.  Everything smells roses for this team right now so you let the new owners decide how this plays out.  Likewise, you don't want a potential problem like that in the sales process.

(2) Because Ferry won't work for Gearon again and he wants to see if Gearon is part of the new ownership group or not.

In short, there is not reason you can't continue to have Ferry work quietly with Bud in the background.  There is no scenario where that hurts the team given where we are but there are multiple scenarios where things would be better waiting.