• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The fact of this matter is this team is really bad if they are going to continue force feeding the corpse of Korver down our throat. Lucky to even have 21 wins, should have just 15.

He probably wouldn't be starting at this point if he wasn't white.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Kyle is still starting because of what he did this last two regular seasons.  Many have pointed to his injuries as to why he's struggling.  That may be partly true, but Kyle was struggling in the playoffs last year long before he got hurt and that was due to the way defenses were playing him.  Teams have continued to play him close defensively and to target and go at him offensively and he continues to struggle.

• Like 1

That has to be the worst officiated game I've seen this season.  So many phantom calls, we got screwed.  We could've easily made up for it though, all we needed to do was sit Kyle who has consistently been straight up abused by Afflalo.

Our inactive kings (Hardaway, Tavares) could have done more with his minutes yet Kyle continues to get 30+ a game. Baffles me.....

• Like 1

Just watched game on DVR...was happy to see Hardaway and Edy get some burn. We need to play with urgency from the tip, not wait till the 4th. The refs hate us still but we should still beat a team like NY by double digits at home. It's only a regular season loss but we need to take care of business at home. 

• Premium Member

OK colour me optimistic but until yesterday I was still believing this team would make some noise in the playoffs, but how can I believe a team that loses consistently to the freaking Knicks?

Al Horford had a near triple-double yesterday. For his game, I couldn't tell, it's really hard to believe. He hit a couple shots that got us close to the victory, but other than that, I saw absolutely nothing from him last night. Really disappointing. KK is a zombie on the court. Can't hit his shots and let players  have career nights against him, night in and night out. Teague... don't get me started. Playing like crap the entire season, with some good games here and there. Baze drives me crazy when he runs to the basket completely out of control.  Dennis is being Dennis, with all of those bounce passes that no one seems able to catch. Right now, this team is a mess. Millsap is the only one who's playing well.

Bud, wtf? Bazemore trying to defend Carmelo until it was already too late. Then in the fourth he realizes Millsap could do a better job. Too late, too stubborn.

Refs helped NY a lot, they looked focused in hating Millsap last night. Countless times Millsap went to the hole only to get hammered in the paint and no whistles... and then he would be called for phantom fouls on defense. Screw that. Crooked refs.

Still Hawks should/could have won if they were able to hit those FTs. FREE THROWS! They're called 'FREE' for a reason you idiots! Make them!

• Like 2

Help!  I've fallen and can't get up! 

Like a rock, the Hawks are starting 2016 in a deep plunge.  Last night, they fought very hard in the 4th quarter.

If they had put in that type effort for the first three quarters, the outcome would have been different but they

didn't.  Urgency came much too late.

It must be wonderful to get the all star quality calls from the officials, especially on the road.  What did the

Knickerbockers do to deserve some of the calls that seemed so one sided last night?

Korver isn't Korver any more.  He just isn't.  Once upon a time, Hawk fans moaned "no" when Josh Smith would

launch a three point attempt.  Now, we do that when Korver shoots.  So sad.  He need a few games off.

Before Christmas, our game against the 76ers looked like a gimme for the Hawks.  My, my, how things change.

Philadelphia obtained Ish Smith for a future second round pick and he has transformed the 76ers into a real

NBA team.  With the way the Hawks are playing in 2016, this is looking more and more like a gimme for the 76ers!

On the bright side, if we can find one, a couple of our young players who have been in the D League this year

have been allowed a little time on the court and haven't been bad.  Bodes well for the future.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pimp said:

umm , i don't quite get that logic ...

C'mon... Coaches love to have non athletic guys around. Bud keeps another one around named Moose. Total suckage, but he gets to stick around.

Everyone seens to realize the wheels have came off of Korver with the exception of Bud... Who continues to play him 30 minutes per night. 

9 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Help!  I've fallen and can't get up! 

Like a rock, the Hawks are starting 2016 in a deep plunge.  Last night, they fought very hard in the 4th quarter.

If they had put in that type effort for the first three quarters, the outcome would have been different but they

didn't.  Urgency came much too late.

It must be wonderful to get the all star quality calls from the officials, especially on the road.  What did the

Knickerbockers do to deserve some of the calls that seemed so one sided last night?

Korver isn't Korver any more.  He just isn't.  Once upon a time, Hawk fans moaned "no" when Josh Smith would

launch a three point attempt.  Now, we do that when Korver shoots.  So sad.  He need a few games off.

Before Christmas, our game against the 76ers looked like a gimme for the Hawks.  My, my, how things change.

Philadelphia obtained Ish Smith for a future second round pick and he has transformed the 76ers into a real

NBA team.  With the way the Hawks are playing in 2016, this is looking more and more like a gimme for the 76ers!

On the bright side, if we can find one, a couple of our young players who have been in the D League this year

have been allowed a little time on the court and haven't been bad.  Bodes well for the future.

This team doesn't have a future... Other than a bleak one.

Bud was a one season wonder and so was this team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

My take:

Like others have pointed out there is no sense of urgency, they decided to play in the 4th.

Over and over we keep getting down big in 1st half or 3rd quarters then having to battle back, we aren't built to do this.

Teague is a mental midget. The thing in his chest and the one in his head is shrinking. The sleep walking through games and his awful defense is annoying. Prime of his career and is supposed to take the next step instead he seems to be regressing. ZERO assists.

Time for Korver to have significantly reduced minutes if not a move to the bench.

Bazemore is the only one play consistently with any energy. Yes, he's out of control sometimes but at least he's trying to make shit happen.

Millsap is the only player that looks and plays like he gives a damn.

Al's almost triple double was hollow as its impact wasn't felt. It looks good in the boxscore but his overall play wasn't good. 

There is no on court leader on this team, they're all waiting for the next guy to do it. 

Coaching:

Bud is confusing me with his rotations and DNP-CDs etc.  The way I see it, we are getting down big in games and Bud is playing Kyle in trying to shoot us back in games in lieu of letting the defense try and dig us out of games.  Defense leads to easier offense. I understand the philosophy of great shooters who are in a slump to just keep shooting to try and get out of it but the concept that Kyle was our leading player in minutes last game and 2nd this game, as well as 2nd most fga is baffling to me. That's a big fail.

Bud is out thinking and out smarting himself. Get back to basics. Defense FIRST.

• Moderators

Yeah we've got problems.   I can only believe Thabo is not 100% because we had Korver guarding Porzingis at the end.   What the hell.   I'm just seeing no reason Thabo isn't playing more given our defensive problems.   Sometimes Sap must look around and think he's got to cover everyone.  

I love Teague, in fact he's one of my favorite players, but the time may be soon to turn the team over to Dennis.    I know he lost Calderon at the end but it just seems like Dennis could grow to be the kind of point this team needs.     Of course Teague will score 30 next game probably.

Edy pays dividends everytime he hits the court.   Hardaway certainly didn't look much different than Patterson.  Keep playing him.  

Sap is just a monster.   He's carrying us right now.   

All I kept thinking in this game was how the Knicks really need a point guard and the hawks really need Afflalo.

• Like 1