• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thanks for the Memories, Shelvin Mack!

lethalweapon3

What is the point of this trade?  Utah adds a backup backup point guard who really shouldn't be playing at all.  Burke and Neato are on the younger side and need to be on the court as much as possible.  Mack won't be missed here either, but when trade away an able bodied point guard who can help the team in an emergency situation?  This second round pick will result in a player who probably never sees the NBA level or the United States as a basketball player.  

9 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Mike Conley is the only FA PG I'd be interested in next offseason.. really like his character and game

Loved Conley since he shook the "bust" label.  Doesn't take plays off on defense (can't say the same for Jeff) and always  looks for his offense within the team concept (can't say the same for Dennis).

He's the quintessential championship-level PG of a well-built team, like a Super Ultra Derek Fisher.  Naturally his agent won't even field our calls.  We'll probably get Clarkson for yet another developmental project.

But as for Shel, wish him much success.  I'll never forget he and Molly Mike silencing/ electrifying that Indiana playoff crowd in Game 5.

Or the worst decision of Bud's life, subbing in shot-jacking, turnover-committing ass Lou instead of safe-and-steady Mack with a small lead at the 4:00 mark in Game 6 .  I almost got out of my seat and walked to the bench to question him but thought better of a lifetime Phillips ban.

On a Snyder note, Grant Hill mentioned him in his early development.  I have no doubt we'd be a better team if he were still here.  Darvin has a peer-to-peer teaching and criticism style from what I've gathered.  Quinn more of a sergeant-to-private. 

• Like 3

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Alex said:

What is the point of this trade?  Utah adds a backup backup point guard who really shouldn't be playing at all.  Burke and Neato are on the younger side and need to be on the court as much as possible.  Mack won't be missed here either, but when trade away an able bodied point guard who can help the team in an emergency situation?  This second round pick will result in a player who probably never sees the NBA level or the United States as a basketball player.  

...because Burke is an absolutely terrible point guard ... he can't run an offense at all ... he can score but not efficiently ... Neato is a 3rd string point guard who is not even as good as Mack.  Mack will get plenty of minutes in Utah the rest of this season.

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

What do you do when you have no depth? Make sure you have LESS depth by trading players for worthless second rounders.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, turnermx said:

Mike Conley is the only FA PG I'd be interested in next offseason.. really like his character and game

That is why I think Teague will have more trade value this summer.  Every team that needs a point will watch Memphis resign Conley and then Teague versus the available FAs will make Teague look pretty appealing.

• Like 1

"You know I think the Hawks have a chance to rest up and have Sheldon play the rest of the game now that they up 25 points."- Nique

ps I'll miss Nique mispronouncing his name.

pps If you were wondering, jinxy cat Nique lost us this game too...STFU Nique!!!!!!

I really liked Shelvin and I'm sad to see him go. I felt like he was a solid BU PG on a very reasonable deal, he was young, and we had at least early Bird rights on him. Trading him for a 35-yr old Hinrich seems questionable to me.  Very minor savings here. We had a lot of PG depth already and had a guy who could've been a decent BU for another few years at least, but now that's gone. Hinrich did little to impress me during his last stint in ATL, but I hope he makes me eat my words. I really hoped we could find another deal for Jeff that would benefit the team; I don't think this move does much of anything and just basically wasted an asset in a young PG.

seems he had a good 1st game for Utah.

16pts (7/11 FGs) + 6ass +  3reb + 1blk + 1to and +14 in 24 mins off the bench in Utah's loss.
I always thought he is to good to be a 3rd string PG (and that's why I hated him being signed before Dennis rookie-year, instead of Royal Ivey)

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, rd79 said:

seems he had a good 1st game for Utah.

16pts (7/11 FGs) + 6ass +  3reb + 1blk + 1to and +14 in 24 mins off the bench in Utah's loss.
I always thought he is to good to be a 3rd string PG (and that's why I hated him being signed before Dennis rookie-year, instead of Royal Ivey)

Yep.   Quinn and Pop are taking advantage of Bud it seems.    Hinrich and a 2nd rounder is all we could turn Mack into ?   

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yep.   Quinn and Pop are taking advantage of Bud it seems.    Hinrich and a 2nd rounder is all we could turn Mack into ?   

I honestly think the trade was a favor to Mack. Bud wanted to give him a chance to shine where he was needed. I can't fault him for that. But there has been a pattern of 'helping' out other teams. When do they return the favor???

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Just Hinrich.  Utah's second rounder ended up with Chicago.