• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Jazz

lethalweapon3

Some are down bad on the Hawks right now, but I've seen improvement.  I'm expecting the winning to start with Denver and hoping for 7-3 in the next ten games. 

@ Denver - W - no Jokic and the Hawks seem to play well in Denver.

vs Milwaukee - L - I think we have 60% shot of winning this one, but not confident enough to call it a W. 

vs Orlando - W

vs Boston - W

vs Charlotte - W - This one will be tough too. Charlotte has played the Hawks well recently.

vs OKC - W

@ San Antonio - W

@ Memphis - L - Memphis has been a house of horrors for the Hawks.

Vs  New York - W - If this was in NYC, I may take it as an L, but I think the Hawks will be in good form by this time.

@ Indiana - L - Indiana always plays the Hawks tough.

I'm anticipating being about 11-11 or 13 - 9 after this stretch.  The schedule after this stretch isn't too tough either. 

We need to get Capela back in game shape or sit him to fully recover from injury.  Our defense needs to improve dramatically.  Trae Young isn't to blame either.  He's been playing some good defense the past couple of games.  He was almost our best perimeter defender last night.  Stayed in front of his man a lot more than some of our better defenders. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I rather go heavily offensively with the starters and go heavy defensively with the bench. I just don't like trying to mix it because the only thing that happens is they both suck. 

The lineup I'm proposing is our normal lineup but with Cam starting instead of Bogi.  Part of that is because I don't see Bogi and Hunter working well together and think they would be better paired with Huert and Cam respectively.  Part of that is because when Trae and JC are on the floor that is where the offense should be focused and moving the ball around the floor for good jump shots seems better suited to a Bogi, Huerter, Gallo pairing whereas Hunter and Cam can help step up the defense and get good perimeter looks and cuts off of that PnR action.  

I'm sure Nate has forgotten more than I know but seems like our current rotation isn't getting the best from either our starters or our bench players.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, AHF said:

Part of that is because when Trae and JC are on the floor that is where the offense should be focused and moving the ball around the floor for good jump shots seems better suited to a Bogi, Huerter, Gallo pairing whereas Hunter and Cam can help step up the defense and get good perimeter looks and cuts off of that PnR action.  

Agree with this.  I think our best lineups are Trae and 4 plus defenders.  If Nate is dedicated to all-bench lineups, this at least leaves a lot of scoring in the 2nd unit.  Defense is worse but they're playing against other 2nd units that will just miss shots anyways.  That's my somewhat logic (guys like Clarkson blow this up lol), but it seems to be what has worked well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I think we overhyped Dre and Cam's impact on defense. We aren't suffocating anyone. 

People were telling me Dre would be our 2nd best player and a superstar.  Others saying Cam could develop into a player on Harden's level.  The hype on these guys got to absurd levels.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

People were telling me Dre would be our 2nd best player and a superstar.  Others saying Cam could develop into a player on Harden's level.  The hype on these guys got to absurd levels.  

Squawk loves to hype our young guys. Until they become vets, they we start complaining about them. Rinse repeat.