• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Jazz

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Trae makes way too many bad decisions. He's not Chris Paul out there. The reason we had the shitty 3rd was because of Trae.

Trae is pressing. He is overcompensating right now. 

But late in the game, that ball needs to be in his hands. He makes life easier for the others. Our wings when faced with ball pressure do not make great decisions with the ball. So they need to get off the rock and go be shot ready somewhere.

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae is pressing. He is overcompensating right now. 

But late in the game, that ball needs to be in his hands. He makes life easier for the others. Our wings when faced with ball pressure do not make great decisions with the ball. So they need to get off the rock and go be shot ready somewhere.

I felt more at ease with Kev having the rock. Even if Kev missed the shot or made a mistake, he was looking for the right play. Trae likes to go for home runs too much (alleys and corner 3) and teams like Utah scheme against it. 

I will say we were close. We just couldn't make the plays when it mattered most. JC and Kev missed threes. Cam turnover that lead to a layup. Trae turnover that lead to a three from Clarkson on a hammer which Cam should have went over but Capela also needed to show and fade. We just make way too many mistakes. You almost wonder how we made it to the game 6 of the ECF. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Pablo Banchero to the Hawks would be lovely 

He's the same size as Jalen Johnson...6'9 witth 7'0 wingspan..

How good is he?

I havent even thought about prospects....lol

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter. Bogi needs to be the starter period.

I’d like to see Cam and Hunter start with Nate putting a challenge out there to dominate offensively and having the O revolve around a Trae/JC PnR.  Then Bogi/Huert get to try playing together to see if they can recapture some of that good chemistry and lift the bench’s woeful offense ytd.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I felt more at ease with Kev having the rock. Even if Kev missed the shot or made a mistake, he was looking for the right play. Trae likes to go for home runs too much (alleys and corner 3) and teams like Utah scheme against it. 

I will say we were close. We just couldn't make the plays when it mattered most. JC and Kev missed threes. Cam turnover that lead to a layup. Trae turnover that lead to a three from Clarkson on a hammer which Cam should have went over but Capela also needed to show and fade. We just make way too many mistakes. You almost wonder how we made it to the game 6 of the ECF. 

I actually feel a bit better after tonight than I did two games ago. Tactically and in terms of effort/focus (especially not letting no-calls throw us off). We lost focus for about 4 minutes in the second half but recovered...just not enough to complete the comeback due to poor execution (like you said).

Give us Bogi or Dre back and I like our chances.

Also...let's try the Trae / Bogi / K'Von / JC / Cap lineup, which has only seen the floor 12 minutes this year after being the dominant lineup during our spring / summer run last season. 

Edited by niremetal

3 minutes ago, niremetal said:

I actually feel a bit better after tonight than I did two games ago. Tactically and in terms of effort/focus (especially not letting no-calls throw us off). We lost focus for about 4 minutes in the second half but recovered...just not enough to complete the comeback due to poor execution (like you said).

Give us Bogi or Dre back and I like our chances.

Also...let's try the Trae / Bogi / K'Von / JC / Cap lineup, which has only seen the floor 12 minutes this year after being our dominant lineup during our spring / summer run last season. 

Bro, I've been saying that that's the starting five for the rest of the season. I don't know what else we need to see that Hunter just doesn't fit well with Bogi. He's okay with Kev but Kev is a lot better with Bogi. 

Solo proved once again that he's valuable af without producing. 

I really like Solo getting Gallo's mins but Gallo wasn't bad tonight but his defense was awful. Solo offense is awful but he doesn't really get in the way. 

I really like Wright, I know he isn't helping us offensively but I like his positioning without the ball. I actually felt him and Lou worked well together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’d like to see Cam and Hunter start with Nate putting a challenge out there to dominate offensively and having the O revolve around a Trae/JC PnR.  Then Bogi/Huert get to try playing together to see if they can recapture some of that good chemistry and lift the bench’s woeful offense ytd.  

I rather go heavily offensively with the starters and go heavy defensively with the bench. I just don't like trying to mix it because the only thing that happens is they both suck. 

• Like 2

Utah was just on one last night, especially against a team that doesn’t guard the three well.  It would’ve taken a team like Miami who’s Top 5 in offense and defense to beat them.  Or the 2021 Hawks Playoff Edition.

The Hawks’ .206 FT rate is probably here to stay with few true slashers and Capela’s total lack of creating offense, and a slim chance of converting even if he got to the line.  But the three point rate is something that should be fixed seeing how we have the same damn roster.  Last season our opponents attempted less than 1 more 3 than the Hawks.  This year?  7 more.  With a below average pace that ain’t a recipe for success.

Lastly John and Clint both at career lows for dunk percentage.  I just don’t think this coaching staff surrounding Nate is sound.  Too much drop off in key areas man.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Utah was just on one last night, especially against a team that doesn’t guard the three well.  It would’ve taken a team like Miami who’s Top 5 in offense and defense to beat them.  Or the 2021 Hawks Playoff Edition.

The Hawks’ .206 FT rate is probably here to stay with few true slashers and Capela’s total lack of creating offense, and a slim chance of converting even if he got to the line.  But the three point rate is something that should be fixed seeing how we have the same damn roster.  Last season our opponents attempted less than 1 more 3 than the Hawks.  This year?  7 more.  With a below average pace that ain’t a recipe for success.

Lastly John and Clint both at career lows for dunk percentage.  I just don’t think this coaching staff surrounding Nate is sound.  Too much drop off in key areas man.

Nate got rid of every coach on the staff. He should have kept Garrett or Hunt. At least one of them.