• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

Awesome game thread as usual lw3!!! Quite a season for you, our MVP! It's not you Kelly Oubre jr., it's us lol...(you're giving me the "it's not you its me" routine? I invented "it's not you, it's me"...if it's anybody ITS ME...) Loved that! Also loved Whack a mole lol.  Needless to say, this game is huge for us. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

GO CELTICS!!(I just puked a lil but we need them tonight).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

It's not the worst thing in the world, given that homecourt's locked up either way. Bud insisted postgame versus Cleveland that he's got to get the bench going as a unit, so it makes sense they'll get the lion's share of minutes tonight, particularly the Hawks with fresher legs. Another division banner up at Philips and a 3rd seed would be nice, but it's window dressing at this point.

I doubt they're excited/apprehensive enough about any of BOS/CHA/MIA to try playing WAS with a mind toward a specific opponent that's out of their control anyway. Whoever performs tonight needs to play well, and play well together.

EDIT: here's that postgame quote from Bud, on his lack of bench support (18 total points) against the Cavs.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/atlanta-hawks-washington-wizards-2016041327/

"We've got to find a way to get more from them," coach Mike Budenholzer said. "That's important to find some kind of rhythm with that group. I can do a better job with that."

Off the bench, Dennis Schröder had 23 of Atlanta's 122 points in the Hawks' last trip to D.C. on March 23, plus 8 assists in 20 minutes. The bench contributed 66 of those 122 points, compared to just 41 points in a 117-102 loss to the Wiz two nights before. 

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

If we lose, we get Cleveland in the second round for sure.

If we win, whether we get Cleveland depends on whether Miami wins.

If we are really playing for the playoffs, we need to avoid Cleveland until the ECF.  Play to win.

If our top priority is winning in the first round, then go ahead and rest those players.

• Like 1

Final game of the season and we still don't know.  Who will be our 1st opponent?  Who will be

ahead of us in the standings?  Who behind?  We don't know.

Which Hawk players will play tonight and how much?

Things we do know:

Atlanta scored enough in one game so JayBirdHawk could get her 4 tires at a discount !  Yea!

Alex and I have our 48 wins.  we can't be more than one game off, even if we win!  Yea!

Braves have the opportunity to get win #1 tonight.  Yea !!

GO ATLANTA !!!

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

It's not the worst thing in the world, given that homecourt's locked up either way. Bud insisted postgame versus Cleveland that he's got to get the bench going as a unit, so it makes sense they'll get the lion's share of minutes tonight, particularly the Hawks with fresher legs. Another division banner up at Philips and a 3rd seed would be nice, but it's window dressing at this point.

I doubt they're excited/apprehensive enough about any of BOS/CHA/MIA to try playing WAS with a mind toward a specific opponent that's out of their control anyway. Whoever performs tonight needs to play well, and play well together.

EDIT: here's that postgame quote from Bud, on his lack of bench support (18 total points) against the Cavs.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/atlanta-hawks-washington-wizards-2016041327/

Off the bench, Dennis Schröder had 23 of Atlanta's 122 points in the Hawks' last trip to D.C. on March 23, plus 8 assists in 20 minutes. The bench contributed 66 of those 122 points, compared to just 41 points in a 117-102 loss to the Wiz two nights before. 

~lw3

"I doubt they're excited/apprehensive enough about any of BOS/CHA/MIA to try playing WAS with a mind toward a specific opponent that's out of their control anyway. Whoever performs tonight needs to play well, and play well together."

This fails to recognize they may be thinking about avoiding Cleveland til the ECF as AHF says below:

2 hours ago, AHF said:

If we lose, we get Cleveland in the second round for sure.

If we win, whether we get Cleveland depends on whether Miami wins.

If we are really playing for the playoffs, we need to avoid Cleveland until the ECF.  Play to win.

If our top priority is winning in the first round, then go ahead and rest those players.

AGREE WHOLE-HEARTEDLY.  Go for the W tonight and hope for help.     

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We knew Wall was out already, add Beal, Morris, and Gortat to the list apparently.... No excuses tonight.

Wow.  Agreed on no excuses.  We should def be able to afford to play our bench.  Only potential downside would be their reserves being more motivated to play hard and make an impression than starters who are already looking to vacation.

I think it's likely we win and Charlotte wins.  Heat/Boston should be interesting.   I lean Boston given the Celts are at home, rested, and play a deeper rotation and Heat are away, coming off a close win at Detroit where they essentially only played 7 guys (Haslem and Amare played only 7 and 5 mins, respectively).   Deng played 40+, Richardson 36, JJ 35, Whiteside 35, Wade 33, and Dragic 27 last night.

It's weird though.  Vegas has as only a 4.5 spread and it actually moved down from 5 earlier today, so something may be going on.  I could see anything from a Heat win to a Celts blowout.  Totally comes down to the Heat--I do think Boston will be playing to win.

Run away games getting tighter:

67\63 Miami

90\86 Charlotte

84\76 Washington - - End of 3rd quarter

Coming up on 10 PM and we still don't know.  We do know the Braves got shut out for another loss.