• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks GAME 4

lethalweapon3

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's  not true- they played in spurts. Did Teague, Al and Paul ever have good games  at the same time?

Al with 1 rebound, Sap not defending in the 4th q of G3, Teague on bench in closeout game. Need I  go on.

If #1 options were easy to come by we would have one already.

That's been the problem with this team all year it's rare that Teague, Al and Sap have good games at the same time. 

Sadly, the Hawks were good.  Just not good enough.

Compare the $$$ payroll of the two teams.  I have no idea but, if I were going to bet,

I'd have to say the Cavs are way, way over the cap.  Apparently this is mandatory  if

one is to compete.

I'm thinking that they have a lot of players on their roster making lots of $$$.  I  know,

players are willing to play for almost free, just to be with The King and get a ring.

Still, the old man says, "Hit all your free throws and you win this game!" 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The draft!  Trades and rumors of trades!  Will we keep Al?  How about Bud?  How much will

our new owners want to spend?  What will next season's team look like?

This is all we now have to talk about.  I know.  The playoffs continue.  I want the Raptors to win

simply because The King wants to meet D. Wade and the Heat....  GO TORONTO !!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BasketballSavant said:

I could Boston offering him a 4 year max deal, especially if they do not end up with a top 2 pick with that Nets pick.  There are quite a few teams with cap space this summer that might become desperate for an all star big. Maybe Houston thinks Horford would be the perfect compliment to Harden. 

Actually, he would.  Harden needs a big he can pick and roll with.   I would take D12 in a straight up sign and trade with Horford.

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes what move did you want Bud to make last offseason besides the choice between DMC or Millsap that would have helped us today.

I would have liked to see them pick Bobby Portis who played well with very inconsistent minutes with the Bulls. He was widely thought of as a potential rookie of the year candidate and most ready to play  before the draft. I would have also like to see us trade for Jeff Green when he was given away for peanuts to the Clippers. I would much rather trade a 1st round pick for him. Again we were very close in 3 of 4 games with 4 quarter  leads in all 3. Having a competent starter at 3 that can defend a big body in Lebron would have been helpful, and likely cut down on the barrage of threes. Thabo could have stayed on the bench and Korver could have joined him making our starting unit much better defensively, and making our bench much better with Schröder,Korver, Thabo, Portis, and Humphries. Everyone is searching for superman, but some basic competent GM moves could have made this team much deeper and more competitive. 

Kudos to @lanorris41 for the final 2016 season fall asleep in chat award.

I owe you all ... my fans .... an apology.  I did not watch game 4.  I was not in chat.  I barely even followed the score.  Was so pissed from game 3.  My Hawks should be better than they are.  Here's to looking forward to a turbulent offseason.  It's time.

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kudos to @lanorris41 for the final 2016 season fall asleep in chat award.

I owe you all ... my fans .... an apology.  I did not watch game 4.  I was not in chat.  I barely even followed the score.  Was so pissed from game 3.  My Hawks should be better than they are.  Here's to looking forward to a turbulent offseason.  It's time.

@kg01Your excuse sucks, would be plausible of you said it was Mother's  Day affair for you and the wife.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01Your excuse sucks, would be plausible of you said it was Mother's  Day affair for you and the wife.

Yesh, yesh, that was it.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He nor his wife should be having affairs and certainly not on mother's day.   That's weird.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

He nor his wife should be having affairs and certainly not on mother's day.   That's weird.

C'mon MacD, don't be so judgy.  What if Olivia's down with it?  Then what would you have me do?

Also, @Dnice is no longer my friend for posting that.  What'd my Jackets to do him?

I won't put him on the (s)hit list but ... he's close.

Just now, Dnice said:

Stolen from the Hawk FB page comments, I guess Tech rounds em out.

Eh, you still on probation, sir.  Y'all didn't have to give JT the crying-Jordan treatment.  That wuz wrong.

• Moderators

I think what @kg01 is saying is that Tech finishing in last place is more of an "eh" (shrugs shoulders) event rather than a Jordan crying treatment.  That's where you were going, right?

57 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think what @kg01 is saying is that Tech finishing in last place is more of an "eh" (shrugs shoulders) event rather than a Jordan crying treatment.  That's where you were going, right?

Notebook Smash

• Premium Member
On 5/9/2016 at 10:00 PM, Hawkmoor said:

Actually, he would.  Harden needs a big he can pick and roll with.   I would take D12 in a straight up sign and trade with Horford.

wow. I sometimes agree with you, but I'm glad you're not the GM!

7 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

wow. I sometimes agree with you, but I'm glad you're not the GM!

Horford is a better OVERALL player than d12. The problem is THE skillset the Hawks need, rebounding and blocking shots, is the skill that d12 still brings. If the Hawks had him, it would FORCE bud to alter systems to take advantage of d12's skillset.  As long as Horford is on the team, the bigs are gonna stay out in 3 point land.

In Houston, Harden can pick and pop or roll all day with Horford.

Edited by Hawkmoor

I was at Game 2 in Cleveland.. It looked like the Hawks were in the same defense they did against boston.   leaving 3 point shooters open.  they were so worried about LBJ.  IMO  man up on LBJ  if he scores 40 he scores 40,, take his pass options away.   also hack a Thompson back fired on them.. he hit at least one shot each time they did that..    to me the coaching wasn't very good by Atlanta.   it took him to game three to make any adjustments...  or so it seemed.

anyways go Cavs!