• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

I wasn't trying to take any shots at Supes... and I'm sure we all wish his source comes through. 

I hope so too. Seeing what other teams can offer. LA stands out even though Ingram and Russell are off limits. 

Their 1st which goes to Philly and turn into a 2018 1st and a likely mid 1st with Paul George
Randle
HOU 1st 
Clarkson

Now, Clarkson sucks and is overpaid but Randle is a potential 20/10 guy. He is extremely flawed, can't pass or play defense but he does have some value. 

Not too worried about Orlando. They won't trade Gordon for a rental who wants to play for a contender and nothing else they have will appease a rebuilding team. That Ibaka trade set them three steps back and likely took them out of any trade like this where they would have the pieces.  They will simply offer a package which gives them a chance to potentially build a contender and a deal build around Evan F. just won't do it for Indy. 

Most teams just don't have value for a rental who wants to contend. Teams like Toronto don't have the pieces. Atlanta placed themselves in this position with the Jeff trade and signing Dwight in FA. 

• Premium Member

Who's kidding who? They've been "assessing" for the last week at minimum.

Nothing may happen... but I'm scoring one for Supes' folks, at least in the point that there was some assessing going on... whether ATL was ever a major player (or will be) is only conjecture, but at least the first part of the theory is borne out by one of only two or three professional rumor-mongerers who appear to actually have warm bodied, actually-embedded sources.

• Like 1

I know LA is hometown but they are bad - me might as well end up staying in Indy.  What can INdy trade to get pieces around George ? not sure really dont see much.  If they want picks we cant beat bostons offer - but if Boston doesnt want to give up Crowder to Bulls for Butler, then they can just outbid everyone for PG

• Like 1

Just now, hylndr11 said:

I know LA is hometown but they are bad - me might as well end up staying in Indy.  What can INdy trade to get pieces around George ? not sure really dont see much.  If they want picks we cant beat bostons offer - but if Boston doesnt want to give up Crowder to Bulls for Butler, then they can just outbid everyone for PG

He wants to play for the Lakers. It is his dream. This is the reason why if he come here, we have to contend. We have to go to the ECF, win and go to the Finals. We have to beat the Cavs. Indiana wouldn't trade him otherwise. LA is putting themselves in a good position for 2018 FA. That was their plan all along. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Come on Budcox!  Go get PG!

On the issue of collusion and stacking teams the answer is simple:  keep the cap but eliminate max salaries.

On Melo, I'm not implying that he isn't investing in legit businesses.  I read a detailed article about his business stuff and he basically shows up with his lawyer for pitch meetings where people ask him to invest his money in their ideas.  He seemed to think that someone coming to him with an innovative idea made him really innovative.  Gave the impression he was hoping to find someone who will bust out some tech wonder and he can say, "That sh** is mine!  I am the genius!  Carmelo Anthony is the new face of tech development!"  It takes some smarts to identify the right investments so I'll give him kudos for that for whatever money he makes but I'm not buying into him bringing some keen insight into tech development to the table.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope so too. Seeing what other teams can offer. LA stands out even though Ingram and Russell are off limits. 

Their 1st which goes to Philly and turn into a 2018 1st and a likely mid 1st with Paul George
Randle
HOU 1st 
Clarkson

Is that really what LA is offering? That's a terrible package for PG, even if it's a rental. I guess they don't want to offer much more, knowing that they could sign him in 2018. 

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment....but I can really see this happening now. Just get Butler to the Celtics. That would be a fun series to watch, Hawks (w/PG) v Celtics (w/Butler). 

How would you guys feel about this type of deal..

Hawks get: Myles Turner+ Indy 1st in 2017 ( prolly in the 15-20 pick range)+ Thaddeus (contract filler to even it out)..

Pacers get: Paul Millsap

12 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Is that really what LA is offering? That's a terrible package for PG, even if it's a rental. I guess they don't want to offer much more, knowing that they could sign him in 2018. 

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment....but I can really see this happening now. Just get Butler to the Celtics. That would be a fun series to watch, Hawks (w/PG) v Celtics (w/Butler). 

I am only assuming since they are on record that they won't offer Ingram or Russell for anyone. Butler, George, etc. 

• Moderators

That would confuse me more than anything, Spud.  It seems like a reasonable deal if the moving pieces make sense for both teams from a talent perspect.  However, not sure why Indy would do that with Sap an UFA this offseason and Turner looking pretty darn good in Indy.  Not sure how Budcox could deal Sap and maintain credibility.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hawks get: Myles Turner+ Indy 1st in 2017 ( prolly in the 15-20 pick range)+ Thaddeus (contract filler to even it out)..

I'd do it.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

That would confuse me more than anything, Spud.  It seems like a reasonable deal if the moving pieces make sense for both teams from a talent perspect.  However, not sure why Indy would do that with Sap an UFA this offseason and Turner looking pretty darn good in Indy.  Not sure how Budcox could deal Sap and maintain credibility.

True...Bud is no Vlade...he's got some heart lol

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

They have zero interest in moving Turner. Considering what I've heard was offered for Sap. You are more likely to see Evan Turner offered for Sap than Myles. No one wants that long term contract and then trade an asset on top of that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

If I am the Pacers - I wouldn't trade Turner for Sap straight up.. much less having to throw in picks.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Something like this...

I dunno I love Sap but we are kinda in a weird jam...stuck right in the middle...lol no joke we are prolly the 15th best team lol.

IMG_8944.PNG

Myles has way more value then Sap right now ... he is super young, rookie contract, already working on becoming an impact player while Sap is on the wrong side of 30 and a free agent ... Sap is the better player right now but 2 years from now as Turner grows and Sap gets older he won't be.  Indy is not making that trade even if it was for Myles straight up ... let alone throwing in a pick.  They are building their team around him ... either by starting over or with he and PG.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So, riddle me this...

IND says they want another piece... say they'll send you their 1st in exchange for a player they think can get them over the top.

You send Bird an e-mail offering THjr, and lawdhavemercy, he replies... "lottery protection on our 1st and you've got a deal."

You pause to think about what it means to this season, one in which you're already struggling offensively... do you go through with it?

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, riddle me this...

IND says they want another piece... say they'll send you their 1st in exchange for a player they think can get them over the top.

You send Bird an e-mail offering THjr, and lawdhavemercy, he replies... "lottery protection on our 1st and you've got a deal."

You pause to think about what it means to this season, one in which you're already struggling offensively... do you go through with it?

I wouldn't. If we don't land Paul George let's keep our talent and go after a Denver wing.