• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

Tim has actually landed some really good offers but Atlanta is keeping him. I can't blame them. He has 20ppg potential with solid D to boot and his adv numbers are better than anyone on the squad not named Millsap. I wouldn't move him personally unless it was in a package deal for a star. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tim has actually landed some really good offers but Atlanta is keeping him. I can't blame them. He has 20ppg potential with solid D to boot and his adv numbers are better than anyone on the squad not named Millsap. I wouldn't move him personally unless it was in a package deal for a star. 

So no Paul George?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Oh OK. I don't see a Baze, Thabo package netting us PG.

I think you would have to pay someone to take the two of them.  Less than you would have to take Baze alone but still negative net value.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing that THJ is extremely potentially valuable.

Tim Hardaway Jr is wanting that contract... When he gets it he will be no different than Baze. His game is limited to shooting.... That makes Hardaway a nice bench player for instant offense, but I doubt he will put much effort in on the defensive end once he gets a big payday. That's how plays like he and Jamal Crawford roll.

8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Tim Hardaway Jr is wanting that contract... When he gets it he will be no different than Baze. His game is limited to shooting.... That makes Hardaway a nice bench player for instant offense, but I doubt he will put much effort in on the defensive end once he gets a big payday. That's how plays like he and Jamal Crawford roll.

His improvement has been greater than Bazemore and his impact clearly outperforms him. Tim is actually an impact for us. Bazemore was more of a high character role player suited only around certain personnel. I would much rather pay Tim than Bazemore and it's not even close. Jamal never played solid D ever in his career. There are no numbers that even states this in Jamal's career. Even in Atlanta.  

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

His improvement has been greater than Bazemore and his impact clearly outperforms him. Tim is actually an impact for us. Bazemore was more of a high character role player suited only around certain personnel. I would much rather pay Tim than Bazemore and it's not even close. 

I'm not debating Tim's performance so far this year, but how will he do after he gets a big contract? He didn't have the greatest reputation when got here.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

I'm not debating Tim's performance so far this year, but how will he do after he gets a big contract? 

Since he's been in Atlanta, he's lived in the gym with Moose. He's one of our most hardest workers. He has always been known as a gym rat. I see him being in the mold of Eddie Jones but without injuries. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Since he's been in Atlanta, he's lived in the gym with Moose. He's one of our most hardest workers. He has always been known as a gym rat. I see him being in the mold of Eddie Jones but without injuries. 

I see Timmy Jr. getting 15-20 million. If we do sign him for that much Baze needs to get traded. Baze-Tim Jr. is not a 36 million dollar back court.

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I see Timmy Jr. getting 15-20 million. If we do sign him for that much Baze needs to get traded. Baze-Tim Jr. is not a 36 million dollar back court.

I could be wrong, but I don't think we'll see the high dollar amounts for mid-level players this off season like last off season.  My reasoning: 

1. The cap jumped by $20 million last year which means  that pretty much every team had capspace.

2. The cap change this year  is $8 million for $103 million. Fewer teams have capspace.  Which of those teams with clear capspace is in need of a SG - Nets and  Sixers come to mind.

3. Rookie salaries will be higher eating into capspace

4. The new CBA has a provison for players drafted  2-3 years ago (or something like that) to get a bump in salary to align with the new cap and CBA,  that will require capspace.

5. The 2018-2019 Cap is projected at $103  million, a million dollars differnce.

I don't know if Hardaway Jr can continue at the rate he has since the beginning of 2017 but if you actually watch his tape between this year and NYK, he's made subtle changes in how he has played. And it's in highlights that you can tell, I can't imagine how different it'd be with full tape.

The transition game for him is there with both teams, but it's emphasized with Atlanta.

Instead of just firing up shots with a hand in his face, he uses a screen to free himself up if he's going to take a mid range jumper.

He attacks the basket more.

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Eddie Jones was a better defender and a way better passer/ball handler. Eddie had better ability to get to the basket also.

I think even at Tims's best the comparison is a little too much.

• Like 3

Yea the Hawks dont even have the assets to make a good offer for PG so Nah

And if the Hawks want to keep Tim, they have to get rid of Baze. Like it was already mentioned, you cant tie up that kind of money in both Tim and Baze.

Call up the Rockets and see if they still want Baze. They tried to sign him in the summer so see if they still have interest

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Eddie Jones was a better defender and a way better passer/ball handler. Eddie had better ability to get to the basket also.

I can agree with that but Hardaway is better off the ball and in transition. As for better ability to get to the basket. I can't agree with that. Both can get to the basket well, neither were very good or great at it. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Not quite...if Timmy was like Eddie Jones, I'd be wearing a Timmy jersey right now...Eddie Jones>>>>THJ