• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

In all fairness, Tim's 4th year stats are on par with Eddie's. Tim has a better close range FG% while Eddie shoots better. Tim has a higher scoring clip, better passer, better rebounder, better turnover margin. Eddie was great at steals where Tim is just average league. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardati02.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jonesed02.html

Once again, nostalgia dominates. Not saying Eddie didn't have a great 4th year but per 36 mins, Tim and Eddie are neck in neck in many categories. Before you say, Tim don't play those mins, when he has for us, he's scored and impacts the game for us. 

Edited by NBASupes

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In all fairness, Tim's 4th year stats are better than Eddie's. Tim has a better close range FG% while Eddie shoots better. Tim has a higher scoring clip, better passer, better rebounder, better turnover margin. Eddie was great at steals where Tim is just average league. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardati02.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jonesed02.html

Once again, nostalgia dominates. 

Are you high?

Eddie is better in his 4th season compared to Timmy in his 4th year in everything..ppg, rpg, apg, blocks, steals, 3pt%, fg%,ft%....not to mention Eddie was an all star that  year. 

HOW IS TIMMY BETTER? Lol..

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Are you high?

Eddie is better in his 4th season compared to Timmy in his 4th year in everything..ppg, rpg, apg, blocks, steals, 3pt%, fg%,ft%....not to mention Eddie was an all star that  year. 

HOW IS TIMMY BETTER? Lol..

Per 36. Same rebounds. 

Tim: Scoring, 2p% and assists

Eddie: Steals, FT%, 3pt%.

Eddie played 36.4 mins to Tim's 25 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Per 36. Same rebounds. 

Tim: Scoring, 2p% and assists

Eddie: Steals, FT%, 3pt%.

Eddie played 36.4 mins to Tim's 25 

There's prolly a reason Eddie was playing more minutes. Plus he was one of the best two way guards in the 90's. Back to back all star. I love Timmy for sure but comon bro..you can't possibly compare the two. 

23 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

There's prolly a reason Eddie was playing more minutes. Plus he was one of the best two way guards in the 90's. Back to back all star. I love Timmy for sure but comon bro..you can't possibly compare the two. 

There wasn't that many two way guards in the 90's. 

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can agree with that but Hardaway is better off the ball and in transition. As for better ability to get to the basket. I can't agree with that. Both can get to the basket well, neither were very good or great at it. 

Something else... Tim is a more efficient player off the bench than he is a starter:

As Starter 15 33.7 6.2-14.6 .425 2.1-6.6 .323 3.3-4.1 .803 0.4 3.2 3.6 3.5 0.1 0.8 1.4 1.5 17.8
Off Bench 39 21.8 4.3-9.3 .459 1.6-4.5 .364 1.1-1.6 .641 0.3 1.8 2.1 1.7 0.2 0.6 1.1 1.0 11.3

I know the number of starts are a small sample size... But his shooting declines with the increased minutes and shot attempts.

16 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Without going through every page in this thread, has one single link been presented to substantiate this "rumor?'  And if so is it a credible source?  If not then this is a whole bunch of hot nothing.

They fell for it again. This happens just about every year. Lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

They fell for it again. This happens just about every year. Lol

Fell for what exactly?  The original post guaranteed nothing and simply stated that the Hawks and Pacers were talking.  The very fact that reports now say Indy has been "assessing" the trade value of George substantiates the original post.  Just about everyone in the thread has said at one point or another that they don't believe it's likely and most have said it doesn't seem possible.  So what exactly are you claiming the rest of us "fell for"? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Something else... Tim is a more efficient player off the bench than he is a starter:

As Starter 15 33.7 6.2-14.6 .425 2.1-6.6 .323 3.3-4.1 .803 0.4 3.2 3.6 3.5 0.1 0.8 1.4 1.5 17.8
Off Bench 39 21.8 4.3-9.3 .459 1.6-4.5 .364 1.1-1.6 .641 0.3 1.8 2.1 1.7 0.2 0.6 1.1 1.0 11.3

I know the number of starts are a small sample size... But his shooting declines with the increased minutes and shot attempts.

He's also much better with Thabo than with Bazemore. 

3 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

They fall for it every time.....the Hawks never trade for "superstars"! This is a franchise very well known around the league for trading picks and exchanging cash.

Dat really you, J-Smooves? 

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Fell for what exactly?  The original post guaranteed nothing and simply stated that the Hawks and Pacers were talking.  The very fact that reports now say Indy has been "assessing" the trade value of George substantiates the original post.  Just about everyone in the thread has said at one point or another that they don't believe it's likely and most have said it doesn't seem possible.  So what exactly are you claiming the rest of us "fell for"? 

I will say he sounded confident that we could land PG.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Eddielives said:

Without going through every page in this thread, has one single link been presented to substantiate this "rumor?'  And if so is it a credible source?  If not then this is a whole bunch of hot nothing.

No substantiation that ATL specifically is in, but otoh, substantiation from Woj that Pacers are, indeed, considering moving PG.

I have a strong feeling PG will be traded today. But where is the question. Boston and Atlanta but Boston clearly will get him if it is just those two teams. I am hoping Jimmy Butler is a Celtic and George is a Hawk.

I would not want to see George a Celtic and Nick Young or P.J. Tucker being the lone Hawk added today.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I have a strong feeling PG will be traded today. But where is the question. Boston and Atlanta but Boston clearly will get him if it is just those two teams. I am hoping Jimmy Butler is a Celtic and George is a Hawk.

I would not want to see George a Celtic and Nick Young or P.J. Tucker being the lone Hawk added today.

Have you heard anything else about this from your guy? It seems to me that unless we're flipping Illy, we no longer have the assets to make a deal for George, at least salary wise. Unless of course, Baze is included in the deal...

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I did get an update this morning but was told to stop running my mouth. That said, nothing has change on PG front and that's all I got. 

Lol...u crack me up bro.