• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

Prince is a great fit for me but his issue might be stamina. He was either defending Simmons or Reddick and we all know those two wear on players. Another issue I saw is Prince and Bazemore, specifically Bazemore struggles to let Trae run the offense. That said, Trae really has to improve in that but Bazemore is no better, he is worse

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Kinda of scary to see that those who are commenting agree that basically baze and Prince don’t fit with what schlenk end Pierce are trying to do with this team.

typically there’s at least one optimistic person here but these two must really be ass in many eyes!

its not about wins or even making shots! It’s about making the correct play and playing as a team! We don’t see that from prince or baze enough! We aren’t going to win many games so I’m ok if we can package them and get some players that can fit with these other young players.

In a heartbeat..Draft Barrett with our pick.. Little or Reddish with the Mavs pick..Baze and Prince replaced. lol

This team should never run a set play in which Baze/Prince touch it more than once.  It's gonna happen anyway with their "I'm all we got" mentality.  Trae was standing around on offense in the second half like, "What the h....?!!!". The man could literally have had double digit assists in every game.  And what the hell is a Plumlee...gross!

I honestly don't hate either but if you think Trae needs to reel it in, watch Herk & Herk for the whole game...yuck!

1 hour ago, DBac said:

Baze has way worse tunnel vision than Prince to me.. thing is he's not as talented as Prince either.

Agreed

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Prince got a decision making issue more than a tunnel vision issue like Baze. Both got issues

Prince current issue is learning what it takes to be a star in this league. Making the jump from role Player/Starter to allstar. There will be growing pains.

1 hour ago, DBac said:

Eventually I agree Prince is gonna have to scale it back but he's the best we got in terms of creating a bucket right now and we need that.

Agreed. It's funny the fair weather and scrutiny from our player that has only been in the league for 3 yrs and has improved every year in some form or another.

58 minutes ago, terrell said:

Played well 1st half. Bad the 2nd half. Prince was horrible all game...Typical young team..

Agreed

48 minutes ago, High5 said:

Prince looks like an All Star or a G-Leaguer. There's no real in-between. Ideally he'd be a 6th man that you could be flexible with, but we don't have that luxury. He needs better players around him, but he also needs to figure out how to positively impact the game without scoring. 

This ^^^... People sleep on Prince's rebounding but he needs to make it a point to amp up the energy, rebounding and defense when his shots aren't falling. He showed glimpses of D and potential his 1st yr. Offense the 2nd year. Year 3 he is trying to incorporate it all but I don't think he realized how tiring it can be. To be the man while playing on both ends of the court is not easy and his focus  & energy on his shots recently are suffering for it. It will all come together as the season moves along and most of the fans here will be singing another tune.

Bazemore is another story but I will admit he's looking better under coach Pierce than Bud. He still should be king of Shaqtin A Fool because he always has atleast 1 or 2 plays per game if not more.

Overall we really slacked on the offensive boards in the 2nd half. John Collins is definitely missed. Less than 10 games in with such a young team it's interesting to see some of the harsh criticism from my fellow squawkers. I can name atleast 15 teams that I'd rather not be right now.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

For Plumlee, he does set good screens and he knows how to roll. The bad is he sucks, really bad. His hands are trash. He is a scrub. 

He can oop with the best athletically...the rest of his game leaves a ton to be desired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For Plumlee, he does set good screens and he knows how to roll. The bad is he sucks, really bad. His hands are trash. He is a scrub. 

Plumlee took a ball off the dome last night. All of our bigs need to get their heads up. It's pathetic, I don't care if we aren't supposed to be a playoff team that ish is embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Lines opened up with the Cavs as -4.5 favorite against us tonight. I realize they are playing at home and we are a young team but they have no Love (kev), no coach (Larry said get my name out yo mouth) and no desire to win. It’ll be fun. Trae might go to town against Sexton again.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lines opened up with the Cavs as -4.5 favorite against us tonight. I realize they are playing at home and we are a young team but they have no Love (kev), no coach (Larry said get my name out yo mouth) and no desire to win. It’ll be fun. Trae might go to town against Sexton again.

I'd love for that to happen, but there's no way they let Trae go off on them again. They will try to trap and bottle him up early to get him frustrated. It will be interesting to see how he responds. Hopefully he doesn't respond by hoisting ill advised shots and forcing passes. He's a quick learner so he should know by now that doesn't work in the NBA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I told you guys that before we got him in that trade. There's a reason I call him Plumless. He brings nothing to the table.

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I told you guys that before we got him in that trade. There's a reason I call him Plumless. He brings nothing to the table.

Lol it’s not like anyone here wanted him. Most knew or realized  it was just a trade to get out of Howard’s contract that was more per year .

plumlee is just here to collect his check. He’s not apart of the future 

Just now, JTB said:

Lol it’s not like anyone here wanted him. Most knew or realized  it was just a trade to get out of Howard’s contract that was more per year .

He's not going to be a part of any team's future. I mean, seriously, if he can't get minutes in our rotation....dude has no hope. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We need Collins back and Dedmon in the starting lineup.

Nov. 4th can't get here soon enough - Evaluation Day for Collins.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

We need Collins back and Dedmon in the starting lineup.

Nov. 4th can't get here soon enough - Evaluation Day for Collins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I hate Bud for that trade. We could have so much money for 2019 if we didnt make that stupid trade because Bud dumbass wanted Howard gone

• Like 1