• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah....to those who have a loser mentality that want to claim to be a victim while mooching off others.

I genuinely feel sorry for you. How utterly pathetic ?

51 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's really sad the team is making such a spectacle out of Vince's 25,000 points when the team just got its brains beat in and is 3-15 on the year with no hope of the losing streak ending anytime soon.

Your reaction

Image result for celebration gif

It's OK to celebrate Vince's 25,000 point milestone.   The season will be completely forgettable anyway, so we may as well celebrate something like this.

Good job Vince.

Now . . . the Hawks need to trade him to the Raptors, for a 2nd round pick.

49 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's really sad the team is making such a spectacle out of Vince's 25,000 points when the team just got its brains beat in and is 3-15 on the year with no hope of the losing streak ending anytime soon.

It was something cool to see at the end of a game that was a write off. Vince dunking on his old team to get to 25,000. It was a fun moment for an NBA icon, there were a lot of Raptors/Vince fans at the game that could cheer for him alongside Hawks fans. 

I get that you don't like losing, none of us do, but the team wasn't making a spectacle. A legend did something historic against a team that happened to have a lot of his fans there, and it was appropriately celebrated. You can't just completely ignore the context to sit back and rail about the fact that we are not good this season. If the only way you can get enjoyment is with us winning, then you might as well take the year off. We're playing hard, the rookies are developing, and the team is having fun on the way. 

https://imgur.com/wdUyJxu

https://imgur.com/7lPJyeh

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

It was something cool to see at the end of a game that was a write off. Vince dunking on his old team to get to 25,000. It was a fun moment for an NBA icon, there were a lot of Raptors/Vince fans at the game that could cheer for him alongside Hawks fans. 

I get that you don't like losing, none of us do, but the team wasn't making a spectacle. A legend did something historic against a team that happened to have a lot of his fans there, and it was appropriately celebrated. You can't just completely ignore the context to sit back and rail about the fact that we are not good this season. If the only way you can get enjoyment is with us winning, then you might as well take the year off. We're playing hard, the rookies are developing, and the team is having fun on the way. 

https://imgur.com/wdUyJxu

https://imgur.com/7lPJyeh

I don't see anyone developing, or playing hard enough to win games.  Also, if they are having fun at 3-15, then all hope for the future is lost.  It tells me they have completely bought into the tank.  

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don't see anyone developing, or playing hard enough to win games.  Also, if they are having fun at 3-15, then all hope for the future is lost.  It tells me they have completely bought into the tank.  

Wrong thread ✋?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

Responding to it every time is honestly just as bad at this point. All he wants is the attention and you (and others) constantly give it to him.

Ah, another poster that doesn't like to hear the truth about the Hawks and what's happening.

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

Responding to it every time is honestly just as bad at this point. All he wants is the attention and you (and others) constantly give it to him.

True. It’s very hard to resist calling him out though, but that just feeds it. 

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ah, another poster that doesn't like to hear the truth about the Hawks and what's happening.

Wrong thread ✋?

Good game thread. Just watched it on delay. Not our night. Lowry and the Raps took it to us but they are a top 5 team in the league so no surprise. Even with the four players missing they look like they have good chemistry.

Didn’t love watching Vince hoist up 25000 shots tonight to get that 25000 points but then again it was nice to see it against his former squad.

Mama said they would be days like this. Let’s regroup and get ready for Friday.

Go Hawks!

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

Fit was a feel good moment for the team. They talked about it post game. I think they are bummed about the loss but were excited for Vince. No need in them getting down about it haven’t even made it to a quarter of the season. Celebrate with Vince and get back at it with a game Friday. 

49 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

Fit was a feel good moment for the team. They talked about it post game. I think they are bummed about the loss but were excited for Vince. No need in them getting down about it haven’t even made it to a quarter of the season. Celebrate with Vince and get back at it with a game Friday. 

There are no feel good moments when you are 3-15 and well on your way to a sub 15 win season.

54 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There are no feel good moments when you are 3-15 and well on your way to a sub 15 win season.

I must disagree.  I felt terrible last night because the Hawks lost again.  I hate this losing as much as anyone.  However, with the game already won and the two teams still playing, the Hawk team made a real effort to give VC the opportunity to go for the record.  Seeing VC under the goal with ball in hand after the dunk, thanks to the assist by rookie Kevin Huerter, was a good moment.  When he dunked the ball for the record, there was .4 seconds left.  It was that close to not happening.

With King James gone west, the Hawks faced what is probably the top team in the east.  Still, I hate losing as much as you do.  Maybe more.  You are still young and working.  You can expect many years ahead with plenty of time to see the Hawks become good again.  Nature says that I don't have an abundance of time left.  I want to see Atlanta win and win and win. 

Right now, all teams dread playing the Hawks!  Why?  Because they don't want to be the team that the Hawks jump on and break this lousy losing streak!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I must disagree.  I felt terrible last night because the Hawks lost again.  I hate this losing as much as anyone.  However, with the game already won and the two teams still playing, the Hawk team made a real effort to give VC the opportunity to go for the record.  Seeing VC under the goal with ball in hand after the dunk, thanks to the assist by rookie Kevin Huerter, was a good moment.  When he dunked the ball for the record, there was .4 seconds left.  It was that close to not happening.

With King James gone west, the Hawks faced what is probably the top team in the east.  Still, I hate losing as much as you do.  Maybe more.  You are still young and working.  You can expect many years ahead with plenty of time to see the Hawks become good again.  Nature says that I don't have an abundance of time left.  I want to see Atlanta win and win and win. 

Right now, all teams dread playing the Hawks!  Why?  Because they don't want to be the team that the Hawks jump on and break this lousy losing streak!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

My problem with the Vince stuff is that the team gave more effort towards getting him to his milestone than they did towards trying to win the game.  

From my standpoint, the ONLY focus these players should have is this.  What do I need to do to help my team win today?  That's it.  Nothing else matters.