• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We're a legitimately good team. Today we saw what it looks like when Trae goes cold for the first time. We almost took out a lock to be a top 3 team. I'm not one for moral victories but we have looked good in every game so far overall. 

This. And it wasn't all bad.

Our defense is special...and it's just game 3. The defensive communication is coming along.

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Exactly... also he is generally at least some sort of presence. I'm not saying he was the answer but Len is giving the wrong answer on purpose. 

:laugh1:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I can't give enough credit to Philly defense. Those guys are simply amazing on that end

For a team that expects to waltz into a top 3 seed to put that much detail and effort into that end on a road game this early on in the year screams great coaching. Impressive for sure. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Our defense is legit. It's amazing how difficult it is for coach to take Cam out of the game despite his utter offensive ineptitude; his defensive presence is pretty amazing for such a young guy. It's not just his length either, he has good instincts, he's aggressive, he's physical... when he and Hunter are both in the game we can shut down the perimeter and it also makes Trae a viable and effective defender. 

I felt Cam did a good job without the ball tonight on offense. I didn't think he was all that bad on that end. He even made a number of really nice secondary passes and spacing pluses that helped us. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, sillent said:

So far free throws has seemed to be our achilles heel these 1st 3 games. It just doesn't look as bad when we win. 

Yea, which is something I didn't expect, especially from Hunter and Collins and Trae who has struggled (for his standards) from the line since the preseason. Weren't we a top FT shooting team last year? I hope this is a fluke thing that will trend upwards because though we look good we still can't afford to give away points like that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, which is something I didn't expect, especially from Hunter and Collins and Trae who has struggled (for his standards) from the line since the preseason. Weren't we a top FT shooting team last year? I hope this is a fluke thing that will trend upwards because though we look good we still can't afford to give away points like that. 

We had some great FT shooters on the team last year. Baze, Prince and of course Dedmon. 

• Premium Member

I felt Cam did a good job without the ball tonight on offense. I didn't think he was all that bad on that end. He even made a number of really nice secondary passes and spacing pluses that helped us. 

Off the ball, he may be doing a good job, but with the ball in his hands, he isn't close to NBA caliber so far. We really need him to eventually become viable on that end because his presence is so valuable on the other end. Heck I'd go as far to say that he is hands down our best defender. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another ball handler on this team needs to step up. It's early days so you can't be too critical but we need someone to take pressure off of Trae. Down the stretch our offense stalled since no one other than Trae could put pressure on the defense. And Len better be careful, if he can't hit open shots consistently he's gonna lose the starting job to Bruno. I like Len for what he is, but he's a backup with a limited game.

• Like 3

Sixers shut Trae down in the 2nd half and he was not a happy camper walking off the court. Lets get the Heat young fella, they are up next. Reddish's defense is stellar for a rookie. That three starts falling, Reddish will be something else. Hunter doing what Hunter does, super efficient basketball and added 9 boards with his 14 points. Fernando had his best game so far with 11 points, 4 boards and 2 blocks in just 15 minutes.

Hawks perimeter defense is night and day better holding the Sixers to 42.0 FG% and 26.8 % from downtown.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

We had some great FT shooters on the team last year. Baze, Prince and of course Dedmon. 

The players that have struggled the most are supposed to be good FT shooters though. Bruno, Collins, Hunter should all be around the 78% rate. Trae is like 7 points off his average last year though he did a better job today despite the potentially huge miss late. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Off the ball, he may be doing a good job, but with the ball in his hands, he isn't close to NBA caliber so far. We really need him to eventually become viable on that end because his presence is so valuable on the other end. Heck I'd go as far to say that he is hands down our best defender. 

How could a guy with such a shaky offensive game have been a top 3 high school prospect? I don't get it.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

De'Andre Hunter has a minutes restriction per coach. Maybe they aren't playing the rookies more than 30 minutes on back to back.

As fans excited to start a new season and we forget how much of a marathon this thing is. For a team that will have to rely on rookies as starters down the stretch, it makes all the sense in the world to restrict their minutes early. The rookie wall is a very real thing and we can't afford our rookies to fall apart in the stretch run if we are jockeying for a playoff spot. 

• Like 4